Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3 is Becoming more and more famous.can other IOS DAWs keep up?

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Every now and then I do go online (YouTube and Instagram) and search for iOS daws to see how people are using them so I can also learn something new.
One thing I’ve realised is that BM3 is the most used and most popular, followed by NS2.
Any ideas on why BM3 is becoming the fav of most Producers?

Comments

• So you base this on the fact that it is the most spoke about on IG and YT, I think that says more about who it is popular with vs how popular it is.

• It’s at the bottom of the pile f0r me, as it stands. The features are brilliant but it crashes so much it’s not really usable for me. In addition, it doesn’t show chords in the piano roll, which is really weird. It definitely has some great features and I’m more than open to using it again. Not yet, though. Not until it’s stable, at the very least.

• What a strange thread... :p

• @audio_DT said:
    It’s at the bottom of the pile f0r me, as it stands. The features are brilliant but it crashes so much it’s not really usable for me. In addition, it doesn’t show chords in the piano roll, which is really weird. It definitely has some great features and I’m more than open to using it again. Not yet, though. Not until it’s stable, at the very least.

On my 2017 base ipad it crashes a lot. On my 10.5 pro rarely ever.

• No stranger than any of the other threads here, B3 is very popular with “Its ya boyeeeeeee” type video bloggers etc, possibly because of the name, no idea, sadly 99% of them copy other peoples tutorials or simply have little clue how to use the app beyond a very basic skillset.

• that's a good one

• And here I am out of popcorn.

• @AudioGus said:
    And here I am out of popcorn.

lol

• @Turntablist said:
    So you base this on the fact that it is the most spoke about on IG and YT, I think that says more about who it is popular with vs how popular it is.

That’s interesting.but I see that lots of people are using it compared to Cubasis and other DAWs

• @Simon said:
    What a strange thread... :p

🤣

• @audio_DT said:
    It’s at the bottom of the pile f0r me, as it stands. The features are brilliant but it crashes so much it’s not really usable for me. In addition, it doesn’t show chords in the piano roll, which is really weird. It definitely has some great features and I’m more than open to using it again. Not yet, though. Not until it’s stable, at the very least.

What iPad are you on?ive used it few times on my Pro 11 and had no issues.
    Same thing when I had my pro 10.5

• @Turntablist said:
    No stranger than any of the other threads here, B3 is very popular with “Its ya boyeeeeeee” type video bloggers etc, possibly because of the name, no idea, sadly 99% of them copy other peoples tutorials or simply have little clue how to use the app beyond a very basic skillset.

Interesting point here

• @AudioGus said:
    And here I am out of popcorn.

🤣🤣

• @Turntablist said:
    No stranger than any of the other threads here, B3 is very popular with “Its ya boyeeeeeee” type video bloggers etc, possibly because of the name, no idea, sadly 99% of them copy other peoples tutorials or simply have little clue how to use the app beyond a very basic skillset.

Day made 😂

• Anybody got the skinny on wtf an “it’s ya boyeeee” type is? Interesting way to describe people. Not surprised tho.

• edited September 2019

it's Friday right, lets get this party started!......

oh hell I didn't know he was gonna go there, this was def not an 'it's ya boyeee' video

I yield back the rest of my time to WillieNegus...

• edited September 2019

@Turntablist said:

Ohhhh Stop it :D :D :D . Just say it as it is, it’s popular with hip hop, rap, RnB and Trap producers because of its nature and features, not the name. It could have been called “the incredible music machine” and would have been the same. Maschine and MPCs which BeatMaker is influenced by are also heavily used by the same type of producers.

• @hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

Ohhhh Stop it :D :D :D . Just say it as it is, it’s popular with hip hop, rap, RnB and Trap producers because of its nature and features, not the name. It could have been called “the incredible music machine” and would have been the same. Maschine and MPCs which BeatMaker is influenced by are also heavily used by the same type of producers.

The codes speak is hilarious to me. For the record Hip Hop dwarfs any other genre in terms of relevance today and it isn’t even close. It hasn’t been close for over a decade so why wouldn’t the most popular production apps be most popular by the most popular people in the world making all the trends? Duh. Ain’t rocket science lol

• edited September 2019

Well BM3 do have some loyal Beta testers.. Not a leak on this update.. nothing about the pending midi export... MidiFx recording. Nothing.
    Come on, you can leak.. a little leak won’t hurt.. hell, we have been abandoned .. you can leak..

• @kobamoto said:
    it's Friday right, lets get this party started!......

oh hell I didn't know he was gonna go there, this was def not an 'it's ya boyeee' video

I yield back the rest of my time to WillieNegus...

Aaahh....

• @hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

This. Also coming from someone who completely left producing in Logic for Beatmaker 3, the workflow is addicting when you get it down. Works great for the type of music I want to create. I can see why it’s popular. No other iOS DAW has gotten me to switch and I’ve tried almost all of them

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

The codes speak is hilarious to me. For the record Hip Hop dwarfs any other genre in terms of relevance today and it isn’t even close. It hasn’t been close for over a decade so why wouldn’t the most popular production apps be most popular by the most popular people in the world making all the trends? Duh. Ain’t rocket science lol

I was just about to edit my post and add that. You stole my thunder. :D

• @hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

Agreed. People could be shooting more vids for BM3 because there are more MPC types that watch YouTube therefore they gain more hits on their vids. That kind of feeds the system of the type of tunes these producers are cranking out....then more videos...etc.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

This. Also coming from someone who completely left producing in Logic for Beatmaker 3, the workflow is addicting when you get it down. Works great for the type of music I want to create. I can see why it’s popular. No other iOS DAW has gotten me to switch and I’ve tried almost all of them

Facts but I’m still keeping my MPC and maschine for now!!

• Bm hase functionalities that are far beyond and unmatched in iis daw world.
    Just to name a few:

Top notch sampler withbtransient detection, slice to pads, channel strip on every pad, individual effects on every pad.
    Sampling of any input anywhere.
    Fluid Scene/arrangement
    Macros for any parameters.
    Great automation.

Maybe othet apps have some of those, but imo beatmaker has the most feats overall.

But i find lack of rearranging the banks (tracks)
    And some of the othet stuff, very workflow-breaking. Its a mess.
    But imo Currently every daw on ios is missing something crucial. Like Just a few can record midi auv3.
    And there no folder tracks, only in nanostudio ( but it has no audio tracks) 😭
    So im still on desktop, waiting for ios to mature more.

• @hansjbs said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

nah you're keeping them forever :D

• Code speak ?
    If you dont know the types of videos I mean, you have serious issues, they have very little content, spend the first five minutes of the video yelling their name and explaining why they are making the video etc, then thirty seconds showing you (yes showing you, as in more hand movement than actual content) how to do something that ten other “its ya boyeeeee” vloggers already tried to show you (with their hands) it has zero, absolutely zero to do with genre, I know plenty of Hip Hop producers (including myself) who hate these types of no talent hacks trying to become an ‘influencer’ of some kind.
    The hilarious thing is how much these idiots spend on Blackmagic gear etc, just to all look and edit the exact same generic click baity way.

• @kobamoto said:

@hansjbs said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@hansjbs said:

@Turntablist said:

nah you're keeping them forever :D

Yeahhhh. I think so too. :D

• @Turntablist said:
    Code speak ?
    If you dont know the types of videos I mean, you have serious issues, they have very little content, spend the first five minutes of the video yelling their name and explaining why they are making the video etc, then thirty seconds showing you (yes showing you, as in more hand movement than actual content) how to do something that ten other “its ya boyeeeee” vloggers already tried to show you (with their hands) it has zero, absolutely zero to do with genre, I know plenty of Hip Hop producers (including myself) who hate these types of no talent hacks trying to become an ‘influencer’ of some kind.
    The hilarious thing is how much these idiots spend on Blackmagic gear etc, just to all look and edit the exact same generic click baity way.

You make valid points. Still don’t see how any of them relates to the current folks trying to teach and share being “it’s ya boyeeeee” types but it could be a me thing. It’s still early here, feel free to Nevermind me. I’m not sensitive and won’t hold it against ya.

Focusing on what we agree on, there can certainly be more great Bm3 videos. The app is a beast and so many areas are yet to be explored and presented well in the flow of creating all kinds of stuff. I use it to make commercials Ad spots more than beats myself these days.

To the Op: I have Stagelight/Zenbeats currently on Bm3s ass in terms of fun factor and parity of features.

• Can BM3 keep up is the question? I know people who bought ipads just to run BM3.... only to have bug and workflow issues. Fantastic app, and the best sampler in iOS, IMO. But it needs an update and to add simple features like midi sync.