Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zoom H6 and iPadOS Files support

I've considered getting a dedicated recorder off and on, but have held off partly due to the clunkiness of the workflow and lack of immediacy. I'm wondering if with the external drive support in iOS 13 is the Zoom H6 will now show up as a drive that you can snag the recordings from to use in other apps. Is anyone able to test that or does anyone have any info?

Comments

• I just saw this thread and it looks like Samu reports this does work!

• Different beast, but no luck with my Zoom R16

• I can do that with my H1 so it's quite likely that it will work with the H6 as well.
    Just need to use the CCK3 and power it...

• I have a Zoom H4n - it has an SD card on board and now I can use an SD to USB straight into files. Why couldn't you do that with the H6?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just tried the H6 (using it's own battery power) into CCK3 - then CCK3 connected to powerbank - into iPad..
    Success!! H6 needs to be in SD Card Reader mode AND then it shows up in Files as H6_SD. I browsed recent recordings and played back with NO issues at all. Tried to copy a stereo file from H6 into an Audioshare folder (within Files) and.. the copied file has a red dot with a white dash (as in not accessible?). I exited that folder and went back in and it was OK. Played back the copied file and that was OK too. After playback I clicked the Done button and it took me back to the contents of the folder and once again the file had the red dot on it..
    I've now rinsed and repeated this a few times and most times the copied file has the red dot once I exit the player mode.. Odd + Strange but repeatable.. It still seems to do it even after the H6 is disconnected.. I can always access and play the file once I've exited out of that folder and then back in..

Of course it works just fine in Audioshare itself.. Zero issues with access + playback.. I was doing all the above inside of the Files app which is probably the wrong place to audition audio files..

Great that we can grab audio files from our external recorders etc... I wonder if for this situation it would be easier to just use the Apple SD card reader dongle instead.. less cables to worry about.. (don't have one to try out)

• edited September 2019

@royor said: [snip]

Very cool! Thanks for testing it out.

• @royor said:
    I wonder if for this situation it would be easier to just use the Apple SD card reader dongle instead.. less cables to worry about.. (don't have one to try out)

Indeed, my H1 uses MicroSD cards but on the other hand the Apple Lightning SD Card reader doesn't require any external power to work so it feels like a more robust solution. Also on the H1 there's a cover over the MicroSD slot and opening and closing it will likely break it after a while.

My solution here is to hook an extra USB cable to a powered hub and when needed attach the H1 and fetch the files.

• Confirm the Zoom L12 Livetrak connects to iPhone iOS 13. Even using the original CCK.

• @Samu said:

@royor said:
    I wonder if for this situation it would be easier to just use the Apple SD card reader dongle instead.. less cables to worry about.. (don't have one to try out)

Indeed, my H1 uses MicroSD cards but on the other hand the Apple Lightning SD Card reader doesn't require any external power to work so it feels like a more robust solution. Also on the H1 there's a cover over the MicroSD slot and opening and closing it will likely break it after a while.

My solution here is to hook an extra USB cable to a powered hub and when needed attach the H1 and fetch the files.

Yes, good point about the constant opening/closing of the protective cover on the SD slot.. I think I'll still grab the card reader for simplicity.. and for photos + videos from cameras of course..