Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

!!!!!!!!! Finally GarageBand working on a project on external Drive πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Yes guys.
Just update GarageBand.
I’m not a GB USER , I just use it most of the time for testing purposes.
We can now save projects on External Drives and work directly from the drive πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
And 3 finger issue is fixed for good.no more pop ups

IPad Pro 11
@LFS please add this in Cubasis 😍😍

Comments

• I think this is lead to show developers that it can be done..

• @RajahP said:
    I think this is lead to show developers that it can be done..

Yes..especially with ssd drives.it would be super fast

• @Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

And pretty inexpensive compared to a few years ago..

• @RajahP said:

@Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

And pretty inexpensive compared to a few years ago..

Yep.cant wait to see what other developers will come up with

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019

@StudioES said:
    Are audio files accessed from the external drive during an active Project? in real-time? (I couldn't tell from your video but this screenshot makes it seem like it's possible.)
    Thanks for letting everyone know!

Yep.
    Directly on the usb.
    I’m sure because my usb drive is 2.0 and a bit slow.
    When I tap on play, it takes a second to start.
    Same thing when I open an instrument , it takes a couple of seconds to load.not fast like working on iPad memory.
    I bet it will be faster with ssd.
    I just did a test and the project is saved directly onto my usb and not on my iPad
    Also when you go into GB recent projects,it shows you the name of the project and where it’s saved

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Overall stability of GB really got a bump from this update too!

• @sbcfx said:
    Overall stability of GB really got a bump from this update too!

Yup, and Thanks for confirming

• And dark mode?!

• Spacecraft not working here.
    Anyone can confirm?

• edited September 2019

@yonhorizon spacecraft has never worked in the main AUv3 slot in GB. However it does work as an IAA effect in GB and I recently discovered that it does actually work if you load SC as an AUv3 effect in the effect slots of another instrument in GB (such as the sampler). I've contacted apple about this.

Also I've noticed after a tip off (thanks @mahko) that when I plug in external storage via lightning it shows up in the files app but not within the files browser inside SC (or in the browser in any other app that I've tried so far). I'm also looking into this as would be awesome if those files could be loaded directly in SC without copying to the iPad first!

• This is exciting. Hoping that other developers jump on board with this feature as well. This could change the game on iOS/iPadOS not only for music but photo and video editing as well.

• Looking at getting a new iPad soon,
    From all the comments, I was aiming at a 256gig pad, but now thinking of just a 64gig and just getting a cradle for a 1 terra bit SSD I have sitting around and a cck, is this a better idea ?

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Looking at getting a new iPad soon,
    From all the comments, I was aiming at a 256gig pad, but now thinking of just a 64gig and just getting a cradle for a 1 terra bit SSD I have sitting around and a cck, is this a better idea ?

I’d recommend you to get the 256.
    This feature is at a beginning stage on IOS.lets hope it evolves

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    This is exciting. Hoping that other developers jump on board with this feature as well. This could change the game on iOS/iPadOS not only for music but photo and video editing as well.

Yep.it would be very interesting if most dev jump into this and let’s also hope that Apple evolves it

• @StudioES said:
    Thanks @Paa89 You're very helpful. And this is a big deal!
    I'm going to see if it can load/play/save reliably from/to a NAS.

You are welcome 😊

• Thanks for feed back
    Will just hang fire for a while, and watch this space for a bit before making final decision

• Can confirm that working on external storage is quite reliable.
    Just test with my ssd on iPad Pro 11 no power adapter and GarageBand works pretty well

• I think developers are not using the long-press function effectively.. Loving the new long-press option on IPadOS and ios13 .. Long-Press on an app icon opens up a menu.. as with Garageband’s Beat Sequencer, the Long-Press opens up options for Velocities, Probability, etc. Saves you a lot of fiddling around and enhances your workflow..