Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• This has been posted before. Marcos loves surprises.

• iPadOS (13.1) may have fixed Samplr issues that we had in iOS 12.. Check these threads for some success stories..

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34900/use-audiobus-to-get-mic-input-to-samplr#latest

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30728/samplr-on-ois-12#latest

• edited September 2019

If the man likes surprises, might I suggest he launch an AUv3 version. Even with it having been said elsewhere, and now here that would surprise the s##t out if me

• @Littlewoodg said:
    If the man likes surprises, might I suggest he launch an AUv3 version. Even with it having been said elsewhere, and now here that would surprise the s##t out if me

I think AUv3 is a lot of engineering. Totally achievable, but I think his day job keeps him busy. It’s possible, though.

• edited September 2019

I just loaded Animoog up in Audiobus and placed Samplr in the output slot. I then recorded a loop in the Animoog 4 track...let it loop...opened up Samplr and hit record on an empty slot. And...it recorded the audio perfectly! I then put the iPad mic on the input and did the same thing into another empty slot with the same success! Happy days!

iOS 13.1 on 10.5” iPad Pro

• okay so what exactly is the apparent Samplr Fix coming from?

• edited September 2019

He never say it’ll be a Samplr update, but a surprise.
    I think it’ll be a new or updated apple product instead of an Samplr update, as the guy now work for Apple.
    It certainly share a lot of code found in Sampler.

• Old news...I’m feeling tinkling in my left arm

• @supadom said:
    Old news...I’m feeling tinkling in my left arm

Every time with this app as I open threads to see another potentially false alarm. We'll see, of course.

• @fprintf said:

@supadom said:
    Old news...I’m feeling tinkling in my left arm

Every time with this app as I open threads to see another potentially false alarm. We'll see, of course.

!

• Yeah, the only thing to bring me back to Samplr in regular use would be AUv3 and I think it's very unlikely so I'm not even hoping for it any more.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, the only thing to bring me back to Samplr in regular use would be AUv3 and I think it's very unlikely so I'm not even hoping for it any more.

Bless

• edited September 2019

@supadom said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah, the only thing to bring me back to Samplr in regular use would be AUv3 and I think it's very unlikely so I'm not even hoping for it any more.

Bless

Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
    fluttering from the autumn tree.

(Emily B.)

• Maintenance update possible. Should probably copy those three words for pasting in future Samplr threads.

• edited September 2019

Stop it with these clickbait threads. :# I'm going to go read all 2,200 posts in the Drambo thread to console myself.

• Well , actually I post it because I didn't know it was old news and got excited :(
    Maybe the surprise was the mic in functionality working again in iOS 13, but (besides wishing) I think we may actually get an update soon

• Check the multiple old threads as to why this is unlikely @Korakios

Samplr is still amazing, I wouldn't mind link support added but Link to midi has me covered.

• edited September 2019

I use Samplr as a instrument.

I have one ipad dedicated only for Samplr, so I don’t need any updates.

Samplr is one instrument that if someone sell in this own hardware, sells tons at more tag price than ipad + samplr itself

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Check the multiple old threads as to why this is unlikely @Korakios

Samplr is still amazing, I wouldn't mind link support added but Link to midi has me covered.

Fwiw, many of those threads imply something that isn't quite true. Apple employees can get permission to perform maintenance and even non-maintenance work on outside projects. Mr Alonso has mentioned a future update enough times that it seems likely that the hold up is not Apple . Most likely, he is super busy and doesn't have the bandwidth to work on Samplr ... especially since it still works as intended.

• Then why that Tweet?

• @Korakios said:
    Then why that Tweet?

Grassy knoll.

• @Korakios said:
    Then why that Tweet?

Who knows? He has tweeted similar things in the past. My guess is that he has been working on an update for some time but who knows when it'll be finished...and now that recording is back to working it might not be a super high priority. I could be wrong. I suspect we will see an update at some point to future proof it.

• So sad I am the only one with iOS 13.1 with recording not working in Audiobus.
    So mad about it.
    It start to record again as standalone. But as soon as I put samplr in audio out Audiobus stops all the sounds played.

• @OnfraySin said:

Samplr is one instrument that if someone sell in this own hardware, sells tons at more tag price than ipad + samplr itself

I use samplr all the time. It is in the group of 5 apps I use daily. Audiobus, Loopy, Turnado, Drambo and Samplr. I know I’m repeating myself :)

• @supadom said:

@OnfraySin said:

I use samplr all the time. It is in the group of 5 apps I use daily. Audiobus, Loopy, Turnado, Drambo and Samplr. I know I’m repeating myself :)

No. You're being naughty by flaunting your daily Drambo is all :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@OnfraySin said:

There IS some truth in that....some.

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@OnfraySin said:

It'll be the leper's squint for you young man.... :)

• @Charlesalbert it doesn’t work for me either

• Samplr is close to perfect.

Yes, the audio in needs fixing, and needs Ableton Link, and AUv3... But as close to perfect as I get.

But...

If I could have my way...

Identify & Erase unused imported loops.

Effect routing.

Audio trimming.

Samplr is my favorite app of all time. It could stay the same forever and I am good with it. But Ableton Link WOULD be nice.

@OnfraySin said:

Right on. I am with you.
    If it was dedicated hardware, with a touch screen, it would be two grand.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@OnfraySin said:

It'll be the leper's squint for you young man.... :)

Ha, literary punishment, the worst of them all!