Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How long to backup 2017 iPad Pro 12.9" to iTunes on PC?

edited September 2019 in Support and Feedback

For the last couple of days I've been trying to back up my iPad Pro 12.9" to iTunes on my PS but it hasn't been working. It'll run for hours and hours and hours showing "Backing Up" - I'm talking 6, 7, 8 hours - and then fail. I updated to the most recent version of iTunes last night and tried again - it's been running for the last 8+ hours and it's only showing half way done.

It's still on iOS 12.2 - whatever the latest version was before they started breaking AudioBus.

WTF? Is this just iTunes being stupid & broken? Do I just wait throughout today to see what happens? (likely).

Comments

• Changing the USB port&cable will save you hours (days in your case!) ,to rule out any hardware problem...

But first make sure that you change the backup option from default iCloud to the PC.

• +1 for trying changing USB cable and port. I had that issue one time. Anti-virus software can also cause issues. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes is another possible thing to try. Lastly, check power settings. Make sure all power management is disabled.

• Updating to the latest version of iTunes helped - I was told I didn't have enough room on the PC to back up.

At least that's an answer rather than wheels spinning endlessly. Off to uninstall - thanks for the help, folks!

• 12.9 pro should be transferring at USB 3 speeds, right? On my old mac it is a relatively fast backup. Ah, not enough disk space... that would be a problem.

• You'd like to think - not sure why it took 5 hours to tell me there wasn't enough space. My laptop isn't new, but it's an engineering model, so it's a BEAST and there's no reason it should take that long.

Whatever - updated anyway since I'd tried about 4 times already and was impatient. Went fine - maybe we'll try the backup again later tonight.

• @Daveypoo said:
    You'd like to think - not sure why it took 5 hours to tell me there wasn't enough space.

This is exactly how I’ve come to expect iTunes for PC to perform 😕. Glad to hear the update turned out OK without the backup.

• I know - I HATE iTunes, but I married it so long ago that my Library is crazy - tons of tunes, lots of playlists recreating old compilation albums, mix tapes and such I had in the past.... I fear the day I need to move to another platform for my main library...