Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited September 2019

I don’t trust anything that will fit on a floppy disk.

• Whew that’s pricy got how she looks

• edited September 2019

@reasOne said:
    Whew that’s pricy got how she looks

Premium price... premium features?

It is $31 here in Australia. Unless it has something really special you wouldn't get it.

For your $31 you can get so much more buying a few other apps. And many of us already have a folder full of drum machine apps....

• This looks like an interesting AU alternative to SeekBeats...I don't know. A bit pricey. If anyone can do a review-comparaison, that would be cool...

• That has to be the most underwhelming App Store presentation of an app I’ve ever seen. ‘Buy this, with no good pictures, no demo, and a crap write-up’. Er, no, thanks.

• Not a $20 app. Look at the recent drum apps from 4Pockets and Elliott. Not comparable to Seekbeats (one of my favorites) at all IMHO. Good luck to the dev anyway.

• This was posted earlier. Too expensive for what it has.

• edited September 2019

Maybe it sounds expensive ???! (justifying the price)

• @audio_DT said:
    That has to be the most underwhelming App Store presentation of an app I’ve ever seen. ‘Buy this, with no good pictures, no demo, and a crap write-up’. Er, no, thanks.

Perhaps they’re using reverse psychology - bare bones description, one screengrab, relatively expensive...yet we’re all discussing it and thinking ‘hmmmm...maybe this is really good....’

• @MonzoPro said:

@audio_DT said:
    That has to be the most underwhelming App Store presentation of an app I’ve ever seen. ‘Buy this, with no good pictures, no demo, and a crap write-up’. Er, no, thanks.

Perhaps they’re using reverse psychology - bare bones description, one screengrab, relatively expensive...yet we’re all discussing it and thinking ‘hmmmm...maybe this is really good....’

Ha. Perhaps so. I'm going to use sit it out, nonetheless, and wait for some other sucker/intelligent type to dip their toe into the water first..

• edited September 2019

It describes itself as "Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizer Module" but there are no direct synthesis options. You get access to a fixed set of voice adjustments via the three tabs of XY pads. Details on what is controlled per voice are in the manual. http://rtmusicsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/VAdrumSM_V1_1_UserGuide.pdf#page=9&zoom=auto,-134,779

The sound in the demo videos is pretty great for what it is—a 909 clone. If it's really all synthesized under the hood, it's impressive work. http://rtmusicsoftware.com/products/vadrumsm/

Not sure I need another 909ish app but seems well done to me.

• @MonzoPro said:

@audio_DT said:

Well, good luck with that, devs, if so.

• @syrupcore said:
    It describes itself as "Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizer Module" but there are no direct synthesis options. You get access to a fixed set of voice adjustments via the three tabs of XY pads. Details on what is controlled per voice are in the manual. http://rtmusicsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/VAdrumSM_V1_1_UserGuide.pdf#page=9&zoom=auto,-134,779

The sound in the demo videos is pretty great for what it is—a 909 clone. If it's really all synthesized under the hood, it's impressive work. http://rtmusicsoftware.com/products/vadrumsm/

Not sure I need another 909ish app but seems well done to me.

Some parts of the 909 are samples though,no need for rocket science modelling.

• Come on guys, the app’s 1 MB, it obviously sucks. Just look at it and stop wondering.

• edited September 2019

@MonzoPro said:

Well, if they are it 'aint working. :)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Come on guys, the app’s 1 MB, it obviously sucks. Just look at it and stop wondering.

The size makes the app even more impressive to me. Obviously ain't samples if the total size is 1.5MB!

• edited September 2019

Pianoteq is only 50 mb and that is the most amazing music software i ever played.

• I’m a sucker for all things iOS-drum but the current price x no internal sequencer makes me wonder how this app can survive. If anyone indulges please report.