Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Significant Battery Drain in AUM on iOS 13

I will have to try to track down if particular apps are responsible but in the meantime I wonder if anyone has noticed this?

I used to get something similar in iOS 12.2 with certain apps (mostly Sugar Bytes, I found by elimination) but it was much improved in later versions of iOS 12.

I reckon battery is going down by 1% every 60-90 seconds. It normally dropped by 1% per 5 minutes or so with the same set in iOS 12.4.1. I posted about this previously in the days of iOS 12.2 before the problem seemed to disappear.

My set contains:
Sugar Bytes: Aparillo, Factory, Egoist, Turnado
Yonac: Kauldron
TB: Equaliser, Reverb
Klevgrand: Korvpressor
AD: Replicant, Dubstation

It can drain quickly even when not playing any notes, and playback is paused, if the above set is loaded.

It doesn’t seem to drain evenly - can drop a few % quickly then seems to be more stable for a short time, which is the same pattern in iOS 12.2

For now, would be curious to know if anyone is experiencing similar?

On an iPad Pro 2nd Gen,

Comments

• Give it a few days. Lots of stuff continues to happen in the background after a major IOS update, and it’s not uncommon to see increased battery usage in the beginning. Hopefully it’ll settle out for you though.

• edited September 2019

@wim said:
    Give it a few days. Lots of stuff continues to happen in the background after a major IOS update, and it’s not uncommon to see increased battery usage in the beginning. Hopefully it’ll settle out for you though.

Thanks ... I’ve killed AUM and the battery drain continues, albeit a little more slowly, so it’s likely something else, probably along the lines you suggest. I thought 24 hours might be enough but maybe not?

I checked battery use and Safari and Home and Lock Screen are way out in front right now.

• Give it a week to be certain . But check in the Settings-> battery for unusual behavior (ghost app) to be sure .
    Strangely my iPhone SE is much better on iOS 13.1 without any usual drain after upgrade

• @Korakios said:
    Give it a week to be certain . But check in the Settings-> battery for unusual behavior (ghost app) to be sure .
    Strangely my iPhone SE is much better on iOS 13.1 without any usual drain after upgrade

OK thanks... The online consensus seems to be to wait for a few days.

• Although battery drain rate did improve after about 48 hours, it still did seem quicker than usual afterwards, even when performing basic tasks that caused normal rates of battery drain e.g. web, Youtube, Google Docs editing etc when I would expect battery % to drop every 5-10 minutes.

Anyways, it seems that 13.1.1 includes a fix for "an issue which could cause the battery to drain more quickly than expected" so it may well have compounded the usual post-upgrade drain issues. Installing update now - we shall see if things improve.