Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommendation Request- Acquiring & Learning New Music

For many years, I had a very successful workflow in place to learn and practice songs for the cover bands I play with. (These bands learn new material constantly!) Initially, I was recording tracks off of CDs I own, and playing them through the music app on my iOS devices. By this, I mean the app whose icon is multi-colored eight notes. Over a long period of time, I began to get lazy and just trusted the apple music app to keep track of everything and sync it across my ipad and iphone. I even started buying tracks through itunes, because it was easier. This worked beautifully for many years until last weekend, when I purchased an iphone 11 pro, trading in my old iphone 6 plus.

I had backed up my iphone 6 plus to itunes on my mac (and verified all my music was present), and then restored that back up to the new phone. At first everything seemed just like it had been on the old phone. However, I started to notice thousands of tracks are no longer in the apple music app's library. Nor are they on itunes anymore. These are tracks that I purchased from other vendors and imported, or burned off of CDs I own, as well as some from apple itunes. I now face having to go through old backups to compare what is currently on my device with what should be there.

Do any of you have any recommendations for:

1) How to acquire tracks of songs to learn? Lately, I had just been buying from itunes, but I now see whole albums missing in my collection now, many of which were purchased through itunes.

2) I'm thinking of using AudioShare as the storage hub for tracks. File management is the best, I could play through them quickly, and section repeating is pretty easy (for learning). Plus, I can backup through itunes file sharing.

3) From AudioShare, I could "copy to" Amazing Slow Downer (ASD) those tracks which have solos that require a lot of fine tuned work, or when I need to transpose (E flat up to E is common).

If ASD could interact with Pandora like it can with the Spotify and Apple Music subscription services, I'd be all set. But that is not a possibility at the moment. So, do any of you have recommendations for easily and legally acquiring music, centralizing it, and allowing me to listen to it and send to ASD for learning when needed?

Comments

• If you happen to be playing keys, Synthesia unlocked will allow MIDI file import and it's a great learning tool. Different modes and you can begin at slower tempo etc.

If you're a guitar player I think Yousician has a few well known songs if you subscribe, has been a few years since I've used that one.

• Yokara free off YouTube