Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @McD said:

@CracklePot said:

@Sergiu said:
    any release date?

A few months away still.

We should all say "Goodbye" now and then pretend to be surprised in a few months.
    Or this thread will grow and grow and grow and become annoying.

That could never happen.

• Yea I want to break the window haha! I am acid freak don't do me like that!! JK release the acid.

• This is keeping me sane until Pure Acid “Drops”

• @jolico said:
    This is keeping me sane until Pure Acid “Drops”

Still got the old Rhythm Studio to play with until it drops.

• This track just got posted on FB. The vinyl’s in the basement. Made me think of this app. 🙂

• LSD-303 please. I can’t wait for this to come out

• @gusgranite said:
    This track just got posted on FB. The vinyl’s in the basement. Made me think of this app. 🙂

Yes my copy is boxed up in the attic (loft).

How about this one for complete acid meltdown? The mayhem doesn't start until 6 minutes 10 seconds in but it's worth the wait.

If pure acid can get anywhere near this sound I'll be so 😊

• @FPC said:

@gusgranite said:
    This track just got posted on FB. The vinyl’s in the basement. Made me think of this app. 🙂

How about this one for complete acid meltdown? The mayhem doesn't start until 6 minutes 10 seconds in but it's worth the wait.

That’s a beauty!

• @gusgranite said:

@FPC said:

@gusgranite said:

That’s a beauty!

Post mooooooore

• @jolico said:

@gusgranite said:

@FPC said:

@gusgranite said:

That’s a beauty!

Post mooooooore

Here’s a later gem:

• @jolico said:

Great stuff man! Loved that video effect! Is this LumaFusion? If you mind sharing?

• @david_2017 said:

@jolico said:

Great stuff man! Loved that video effect! Is this LumaFusion? If you mind sharing?

Thanks. The video effect is from cool little app called “Defekt”.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/defekt/id1367644508

• @jolico said:

Over too soon! Great :)

• Won't let the thread sink!

• @jolico said:

@david_2017 said:

@jolico said:

Thanks. The video effect is from cool little app called “Defekt”.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/defekt/id1367644508

Thanks for sharing your secret ingredient :)
    Turns out I already have this haha many things to learn every day.

• edited October 2019

@FPC said:

@jolico said:

Over too soon! Great :)

Everyone on the forum, please post your “Acid Jams” from your various daws etc.

Here’s a quick jam in Caustic.

• Wow. Caustic is my 1st love (on Android in 2012) I have to say you've done really well to get that distorted squelch from the Bassline synth.
    Still hopeful for an update one day for Caustic.

• @mistercharlie said:
    That could never happen.

I'm the OP on that one, and I avoid it :lol:

• Loving your tracks, @jolico

• WTKWTK
    edited October 2019

@jolico said:

This is a track I made a few years ago. 303 is Dolphin, a free VST from signaldust. Beats are made with bong drum synth vst from xoxos. Everything mixed in Reaper. I hope you enjoy it. Non iOS unfortunately.

Nothing special, I made it just to get the hang with Dolphin.

• @WTK said:

@jolico said:

This is a track I made a few years ago. 303 is Dolphin, a free VST from signaldust. Beats are made with bong drum synth vst from xoxos. Everything mixed in Reaper. I hope you enjoy it. Non iOS unfortunately.

Nothing special, I made it just to get the hang with Dolphin.

I like it a lot.

• maybe one of the most Iconic acid tracks Ever...timeless track
    [youtube]

• This one was made in Audio Evolution.

• @Sergiu said:
    maybe one of the most Iconic acid tracks Ever...timeless track
    [youtube]

Classic!!!

• Pretty much anything by Hardfloor

• especially their XMIX> @anickt said:

Pretty much anything by Hardfloor

• edited October 2019

Acid jam you say?

I'm working on a live set that is just xoxbox / TR606 / octatrack. I only have 7 minutes of it done so far, once I have 30 I'm going to try to get some bookings locally

https://burns.ca/static/oct16.mp3

(note: I updated the practice link on oct 16th, a bit more fleshed out and better quality)

• For my taste you could even wait longer to build up, from 2:40 it's a pretty harsh sound that repeats for the next 2 minutes. Maybe dial the volume back on that sound or dim some treble.
    I do think it's great that you have this electro flavour with the acid mixed in.
    Keep it up.

@burns_audio said:
    Acid jam you say?

I'm working on a live set that is just xoxbox / TR606 / octatrack. I only have 7 minutes of it done so far, once I have 30 I'm going to try to get some bookings locally

https://burns.ca/static/oct10.mp3

Made some mistakes this practice most notably there's a tuning issue between the xox and one of the samples coming off the OT in the first minute but whatever

• Here’s one with my new toy “Fractal Bits”.

• Very good. That’s a nice combination.