Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Use Audiobus to Get Mic Input to Samplr?

Hey all, I just recently bought Samplr on my iPad Pro with the current iOS 12.4.1 despite reading that Samplr couldn't sample using the internal mic on the iPad Pro because I also read that Samplr was unique enough to be worth it

I also thought (and read somewhere here) I could work around it by routing the mic to Samplr through Audiobus and still sample just fine and use Samplr like regular
It doesn't seem to be working though and just records blank without picking anything up.

I've even tried to route AudioShare into it and Patterning 2 just to get any sort of thing playing in Samplr that I could record and couldn't get anything
(I was able to record something in AudioShare then do an "Open In" sort of thing and click on Samplr and that worked...but not quite a nice workaround of recording straight in Samplr)

Do y'all know of any way to sample in Samplr or am I going to have sample in separate apps and then drop the samples in there?
(Also, I'm pretty new to all of this including Audiobus, so I might just be doing something wrong, but I played with it for a while and I seem to be fine with AB with other apps)

Comments

• It works if you put samplr in the output slot in Audiobus. It will sample whatever audio you send into that channel’s input.

• It should work like supadom says. I had the ephithany to do the opposite on an app with only mic in. Can record other apps now.

• Huh, don’t know what I’m doing wrong then
    This is my setup

And then I just click Record Input on Samplr and just doesn’t get anything....

• Tried the same with patterning

• I saw a post on Twitter saying that Mic Input is again working on Samplr in IpadOS 13.1. Can anyone confirm it?

• it works the mic in iPad is 13.1

But I can’t record using Audiobus

• I can’t hear anything if I put Samplr in AudioBus output slot. Anyone have some tips?

• So Samplr finally broke in iPadOS ?

• @msabin said:
    Huh, don’t know what I’m doing wrong then
    This is my setup

And then I just click Record Input on Samplr and just doesn’t get anything....

It definitely works here. iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 12.1.1. I’ve just recorded a whole lot of feedback on one of the tracks.

• It also works on my other iPad Pro 10.5 which is on iOS 12.3.1. Maybe they broke it with the 12.4.1 update? That was the update that broke IAA functionality in Audiobus in some instances.

• I noticed a tweet that Samplr audio input is working again under iPadOS...

Might be worth a try for those with devices where it didn't previously work?

• Hmm.. just updated to iPadOS earlier today (from 12.3.1 on iPad 2018) and tried Samplr standalone. It asked me to allow access to the microphone on the opening splash screen.. I allowed it and then tried to record from iPad's built-in mic.. poof, it worked! Checked - Settings - Samplr (which was previously missing) and the microphone access slider is back again.. Soooo it seems to be fixed.
    Tried the above setup with Audiobus and that worked too!
    Happy Happy.. Joy Joy! 😀

• Anyone can help me point out what am I doing wrong since I get no audio using Samplr in output slot in Audiobus?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Anyone can help me point out what am I doing wrong since I get no audio using Samplr in output slot in Audiobus?

@Michael?

• @royor said:
    Hmm.. just updated to iPadOS earlier today (from 12.3.1 on iPad 2018) and tried Samplr standalone. It asked me to allow access to the microphone on the opening splash screen.. I allowed it and then tried to record from iPad's built-in mic.. poof, it worked! Checked - Settings - Samplr (which was previously missing) and the microphone access slider is back again.. Soooo it seems to be fixed.
    Happy Happy.. Joy Joy! 😀

Thanks for the info :)

• @royor said:
    Hmm.. just updated to iPadOS earlier today (from 12.3.1 on iPad 2018) and tried Samplr standalone. It asked me to allow access to the microphone on the opening splash screen.. I allowed it and then tried to record from iPad's built-in mic.. poof, it worked! Checked - Settings - Samplr (which was previously missing) and the microphone access slider is back again.. Soooo it seems to be fixed.
    Happy Happy.. Joy Joy! 😀

Strange thing is that I have the same IPad Pro 2018 12.9.

I get no audio recorded in Audiobus.

Only using Samplr as standalone.

• It works for me in Audiobus and Standalone.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Strange thing is that I have the same IPad Pro 2018 12.9.

I get no audio recorded in Audiobus.

Only using Samplr as standalone.

I've got the regular iPad 2018 (6th generation) NOT the Pro version.. Shouldn't make a difference - BUT - knowing Apple, it could..

• @Charlesalbert maybe samplerate issue?

• Some older apps are particular about loading order. Have you tried shutting down both AB and Samplr, then loading in various orders such as:

• Samplr, Audiobus, Add Samplr to Audiobus
    • Audiobus, Samplr (outside of Audiobus), Add Samplr to Audiobus
    • Audiobus, Samplr (inside Audiobus), kill Samplr with swipe up, re-add to Audiobus

Oh, and of course, restart the iPad if you haven't already.

I think it was Funkbox that was giving me issues at one point. There was a magic combination that made it work.

• @wim said:
    Some older apps are particular about loading order. Have you tried shutting down both AB and Samplr, then loading in various orders such as:

• Samplr, Audiobus, Add Samplr to Audiobus
    • Audiobus, Samplr (outside of Audiobus), Add Samplr to Audiobus
    • Audiobus, Samplr (inside Audiobus), kill Samplr with swipe up, re-add to Audiobus

Oh, and of course, restart the iPad if you haven't already.

I think it was Funkbox that was giving me issues at one point. There was a magic combination that made it work.

Tried all the above. No luck. I really don’t know why.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Anyone can help me point out what am I doing wrong since I get no audio using Samplr in output slot in Audiobus?

Hard to know where the issue is there - a sysdiagnose might shed some light on it, though: https://audiob.us/help/#sysdiagnose

• @royor said:
    Happy Happy.. Joy Joy! 😀

Oh my god it works!!!!
    Don't even need AB workaround

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Tried all the above. No luck. I really don’t know why.

You've updated to the newest iPadOS 13.1.1 that just came out? That seems to be the thing making everything work for everyone, including the built-in mic even

• But I'm still actually not getting other apps like Patterning 2 to be able to record into Samplr via AB...

• @msabin said:
    But I'm still actually not getting other apps like Patterning 2 to be able to record into Samplr via AB...

It's all working fine on this end. Anyone else? Again, a sysdiagnose might help (https://audiob.us/help/#sysdiagnose)

• Tomorrow I’ll send sysdiagnose. For me doesn’t work yet even with iOS 13.1.1

• @Michael dyagnostic mail sent. Hope You can help me. Borderlands app also have the same problem of Samplr. No audio when placed in the Audiobus output slot.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @Michael dyagnostic mail sent. Hope You can help me. Borderlands app also have the same problem of Samplr. No audio when placed in the Audiobus output slot.

Okay, cheers. Are all apps that go in the output slot not working for you? Are there any that work?

• edited October 2019

@Michael everything else work in audiobus output slot except borderlands and Samplrd,Loopfield and FieldScaper.
    I just tested with cubasis, AudioShare, AUM, Beatmaker 3, GarageBand, group the loops 2, blocs wave, audio evolution mobile studio, nano studio 2, multitrack daw and quanti loop.