Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Battery life

encenc
edited September 2019 in Other

Had my iPhone 6s since December 2015. Over the last few weeks the battery has gone shit. I get barely a hour from fully charged if I use music apps. I’m sure it’s worse since I updated to iOS 12.4.1 recently.
Weird thing is it charges really quickly too 🤔 new battery time ???

Comments

• Apple had a discounted battery replacement offer for the 6s and other models last year. I had the battery replaced on my 6s plus 9 months ago when the battery health was at 88%. Presently my 6s plus’s battery health is at 99% Maximum Capacity.

What is the battery health Maximum Capacity % reading of your phone?

• Why won’t the iPad battery tab in settings show the battery health? Since the last couple months update my battery iPad Pro 10.5 as been suffering too. It’s not even 2 years old.

• I feel you. Since IOS 13 battery has declined drastically on 6s.

• @Kandavu said:
    Apple had a discounted battery replacement offer for the 6s and other models last year. I had the battery replaced on my 6s plus 9 months ago when the battery health was at 88%. Presently my 6s plus’s battery health is at 99% Maximum Capacity.

Yeah was gonna get it done at the time but never got around to it 🤔How do you check the battery health capacity ?

• edited September 2019

Increased battery drain is expected right after an os update apparently.

Since 2015, that's about 4 years. If the phone has been used daily that isn't unexpected. Especially if let overheat either via fast charging or discharging using power hungry power apps.

Pretty much every independent phone shop here in the UK will replace iPhone's battery within half a day or less reasonably cheaply. It will probably not last as long as the original one but might give it a couple of years more?

• You can get a battery on amazon for about $20 with all of the tools needed to replace, it's pretty easy to do. I think I'm getting ready for a second battery replacement on my 6s, I figure $20 every year or two to keep my headphone jack is worth it.

• @enc said:

@Kandavu said:
    Apple had a discounted battery replacement offer for the 6s and other models last year. I had the battery replaced on my 6s plus 9 months ago when the battery health was at 88%. Presently my 6s plus’s battery health is at 99% Maximum Capacity.

Yeah was gonna get it done at the time but never got around to it 🤔How do you check the battery health capacity ?

On iPhones: Settings/Battery/Battery Health/>Maxium Capacity - -%

• @Kandavu said:

@enc said:

@Kandavu said:

On iPhones: Settings/Battery/Battery Health/>Maxium Capacity - -%

THANKS ... im at 79% !?

• edited September 2019

FWIW there is a mac app that also gives you the number of battery cycles. It's called ibackup bot

• @supadom said:
    Increased battery drain is expected right after an os update apparently.

Since 2015, that's about 4 years. If the phone has been used daily that isn't unexpected. Especially if let overheat either via fast charging or discharging using power hungry power apps.

Pretty much every independent phone shop here in the UK will replace iPhone's battery within half a day or less reasonably cheaply. It will probably not last as long as the original one but might give it a couple of years more?

yeh, its well used :* i think a replacement battery is on the cards.

• Can iPad battery be replaced that easily?

• @ecou said:
    Can iPad battery be replaced that easily?

Ifixit.com has a difficulty rating of replacement/repair procedures for every device.

• Difficulty level for my iPad Pro 10.5 is Difficult. I will not be trying to do this by myself since I am all thumbs.

• edited September 2019

@ecou said:
    Why won’t the iPad battery tab in settings show the battery health? Since the last couple months update my battery iPad Pro 10.5 as been suffering too. It’s not even 2 years old.

I've had my 10.5 for almost 2 years to the day, and a couple weeks ago, the battery started deteriorating badly. It wasn't a gradual thing...all of a sudden one day it just started guzzling and it's difficult to get it to charge to all the way 100%. Had nothing to do with updates, as I've been holding off on 12.4 for a good while now.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ecou said:
    Why won’t the iPad battery tab in settings show the battery health? Since the last couple months update my battery iPad Pro 10.5 as been suffering too. It’s not even 2 years old.

I've had my 10.5 for almost 2 years to the day, and a couple weeks ago, the battery started deteriorating badly. It wasn't a gradual thing...all of a sudden one day it just started guzzling and it's difficult to get it to charge to all the way 100%. Had nothing to do with updates, as I've been holding off on 12.4 for a good while now.

Out of warranty battery replacement is 99$ US. It maybe worth it to sell it and get some money back before buying your 12.4.

I hope this is not a trend in iPad life being 2 years. I still have my iPad 3 from 2012 and the battery is still usable. My iPad Pro was babied compare to my iPad 3. Very disapointing.

• iPhone batteries are really not terribly difficult to replace. Totally worth the time if you ask me. relatively steady hand, good eyesight, and attention to directions is all it really takes. I’ve done many screen replacements and battery replacements on my iPhones and friends’ iPhones. the iFixit batteries are cheap and have a good warranty.

iPads are a different story... the glued-on glass, heating the adhesive to loosen it... giant thin pieces of glass... the whole process is too intimidating for me, i’ve never attempted to open one up 😅.

• encenc
    edited November 2019

Well I finally had the battery replaced.. new tempered glass screen protector and charge port cleaned... its like a new phone again...

Now I Just need to offload 30gb of images and video :D

• @enc consider the ixpand. I have a 128gb one that’s mainly used as a backup for images and video, I’m very happy with it.

• edited November 2019

I can’t say I have any clue about what really effects battery life... but I can share that at some point after going to iOS13 my battery on my iPhone SE went kaput. It was draining just looking at it. You could watch it deplete before your eyes.

For a week or so I went through all of the recommended settings to improve battery life. There was slight improvement, but I was pricing a new battery or possibly getting a new/refurb phone.

My wife’s iPhone was doing the same thing but hers is still on ios12.

As these are both older phones, we were/are still... shopping new phones.

Then about a week ago, the battery started performing normally. Same with the wife’s phone. There wasn’t an update and we didn’t change any more settings. They just started functioning normally again for some unknown reason.

This whole radical battery drainage ordeal lasted a good couple of weeks. Maybe more.

I have no idea why/how both phones seemingly fixed themselves, but both have been just fine and functioning normally for about a week now.

My guess is that one of the updates (or several) launched some kind of complete reindexing of the phones in the background and beyond any user accessible settings. Once they were finally finished completely reindexing, battery drain returned to normal. That’s just speculation though. I have no idea.

• @yaknepper said:
    I feel you. Since IOS 13 battery has declined drastically on 6s.

The same story here

• Yup, that’s the one, it’s not native, mfi requires it’s own app but I don’t mind that :)