Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio in not working IOS 13 - Line 6 Sonic Port

Comments

• edited November 2019

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The big question, I think, is that the VX has a standard USB(?) port out; the earlier version of the Sonic Port, which doesn't have a microphone, has only the proprietary Sonic Port, uh, port. I think this still doesn't work with iOS 13, right?

Right :(

Basically the only way to get their attention is to complain loudly on social media. Make sure we mention not only Never Buy Line 6 products, but also Yamaha.

The Line 6 Sonic Port is still up on its website, along with this legalistic boilerplate:

"Made for iPod,” “Made for iPhone,” and “Made for iPad” mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The big question, I think, is that the VX has a standard USB(?) port out; the earlier version of the Sonic Port, which doesn't have a microphone, has only the proprietary Sonic Port, uh, port. I think this still doesn't work with iOS 13, right?

Right :(

Basically the only way to get their attention is to complain loudly on social media. Make sure we mention not only Never Buy Line 6 products, but also Yamaha.

The Line 6 Sonic Port is still up on its website, along with this legalistic boilerplate:

"Made for iPod,” “Made for iPhone,” and “Made for iPad” mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.

Not great is it! As for Yamaha, I don’t think it’s their fault, they may have no input into Line 6, all they appear to have done with Line 6 is remodel the Variax into a Pacifa body. I have one and very good it is too, Yamaha may have no idea what’s going on as far as this sonic port is concerned, it strikes me that Yamaha are a very good company and would be onto this like a shot if it was one of their own products. I have many instruments and other equipment from Yamaha all of which are great quality.

Very disappointed with Line 6!

• Maybe someone could do a video, put it on YouTube? I’ve thought about this as there doesn’t seem to be any video or anything else about this apart from here and their forum, their forum being very lack lustre. I can’t do it as I haven’t got the gear for video. Anyone got any ideas on a vid. Doug? I wouldn’t mind sending mine to a volunteer in the UK as it’s no good to me at the mo. In saying that I’m still using it on 12 but I don’t mind sending it for a week or two, also the VX which is only working due to an expensive add on could be incorporated into the video. Anyway just an idea!

• edited November 2019

I put in a ticket, and Line 6 is kicking it to Apple.

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/mobile-products/sonic-port-mobile-in/sonic-port-sonic-port-vx-audio-issues-with-ios-13-r925/

I wrote back and said, No, this is a Line 6 problem. It is affecting Line 6 products and their customers.
    I'm this close to writing a note demanding a refund. I don't want to sound spoiled, but this is an easily solved problem, either by tech or by customer service.

• Is it worth starting a FB group specifically about this or maybe an online petition? Increasing pressure on L6 and Apple would surely up the chance of a positive outcome 🤞

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Amazon reviews can an excellent way to get attention. You don't have to have purchased the product on Amazon.com in order to leave a review. (Though for ethical reasons, I say you should at least be an owner.)

Even if Line 6 doesn't take notice, it might get the attention of sellers, who will then pressure Line 6, or even try to return inventory.

It really does appear that this is relegated to some low level of Line 6 that is making only the minimum effort based on the replies I've seen. It needs to get some level of management embarrassed / pissed off to get the ball rolling.

• edited November 2019

@wim said:
    Amazon reviews can an excellent way to get attention. You don't have to have purchased the product on Amazon.com in order to leave a review. (Though for ethical reasons, I say you should at least be an owner.)

Even if Line 6 doesn't take notice, it might get the attention of sellers, who will then pressure Line 6, or even try to return inventory.

It really does appear that this is relegated to some low level of Line 6 that is making only the minimum effort based on the replies I've seen. It needs to get some level of management embarrassed / pissed off to get the ball rolling.

Very smart to leave a review on Amazon. I kind of regret having to do this, because once the stink is on the product, it's hard to wash off later.
    https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00CS4L7DK/ref=cm_cr_unknown?filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

If you're just telling it like it is, then there should be no regret. Besides, you're helping to protect other people from purchasing something that won't work for them.

Which reminds me, it's time for me to take this step for the Korg NanoKEY Studio, which I did purchase on Amazon.com.

Of course, as with App Store reviews, I try to remember to go back and set the record straight if/when the issues are addressed.

• @wim said:
    If you're just telling it like it is, then there should be no regret. Besides, you're helping to protect other people from purchasing something that won't work for them.

Which reminds me, it's time for me to take this step for the Korg NanoKEY Studio, which I did purchase on Amazon.com.

Of course, as with App Store reviews, I try to remember to go back and set the record straight if/when the issues are addressed.

What's the issue with the NanoKEY?

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

@wim said:

What's the issue with the NanoKEY?

The NanoKEY Studio will not pair via BlueTooth with iOS 13. If it's already paired at the time of the upgrade it will probably still connect after the upgrade. But if not already paired, or if you lose the pairing, it won't reconnect. Kind of the same response level from KORG. Little communication and no indication of progress.

• edited November 2019

I’m a huge Line6 fan, but I just left the one star Amazon review/warning to all future purchasers. Pathetic that I felt the need to do that.

• I left one star reviews on audiofanzine website for both sonicport units. I invite people to do it as well. The more the better.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I’m a huge Line6 fan, but I just left the one star Amazon review/warning to all future purchasers. Pathetic that I felt the need to do that.

@Johnba said:
    I left one star reviews on audiofanzine website for both sonicport units. I invite people to do it as well. The more the better.

I shall do the review on Amazon uk too. Good shout. How do I do the audiofanzine one?

• @Wrecked said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@Johnba said:
    I left one star reviews on audiofanzine website for both sonicport units. I invite people to do it as well. The more the better.

I shall do the review on Amazon uk too. Good shout. How do I do the audiofanzine one?

I think you need to create an account.

https://fr.audiofanzine.com/

It's a very popular site here in France.
    Their link for review appears first when
    typing an instrument's name on Google.
    Some reviews are also written in english on their site.

• @Johnba said:

@Wrecked said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@Johnba said:

I think you need to create an account.

https://fr.audiofanzine.com/

It's a very popular site here in France.
    Their link for review appears first when
    typing an instrument's name on Google.
    Some reviews are also written in english on their site.

Great thanks I’ll sort it out.

• It has been confirmed that irig HD and HD2 work on IOS 13. Therefore I’m going after one or the other.

• Do any of you guys have the VX’s USB cable? Just wondering cause it works great with that into AUM. Only thing is that it needs to be powered by the CCK3 adapter.

• edited November 2019

Wow.
    This company is garbage. I sent them a note saying that I understand that they claim it's Apple's drivers that are the problem. But I told them they were getting one-starred on Amazon.
    Just checked Amazon, and ALL REVIEWS for the Line 6 Sonic Port have been removed.
    Are you fucking kidding me? They can't get it together to solve the driver problem but they can somehow get Amazon to kill the negative reviews?
    https://www.amazon.com/Line-Sonic-Guitar-System-Devices/dp/B07QV3VPXX/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3NS7REPZVNTG5&keywords=line+6+sonic+port&qid=1573836329&s=electronics&sprefix=line+6+s,electronics,130&sr=1-8

EDIT: Though this page still exists on Amazon US, there is another page for the Sonic Port where there are many reviews. Apologies for jumping to conclusions. The thing still doesn't work, but it's most likely the result of incompetence rather than conspiracy.

• All recent 1 star reviews, including my own are still on Amazon UK.

• https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00CS4L7DK/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1 Loads of reviews on this link? USA. Perhaps they are moving them slowly from Amazon

• Just put my damning review on Amazon uk. Doubt it will get published. We’ll see!

• @Wrecked said:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00CS4L7DK/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1 Loads of reviews on this link? USA. Perhaps they are moving them slowly from Amazon

It seems you are right. Though the link I posted with zero reviews is also on Amazon in the US, the heading is slightly different? Maybe it's some kind of third-party offer?

I did think it would be quite alarming that a company could somehow scrub its negative reviews. I'll adjust my post.

• I went back to the link ExAsperis99 provided and my review as well as others from this forum are still ok. Search by most recent.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I went back to the link ExAsperis99 provided and my review as well as others from this forum are still ok. Search by most recent.

I just went back and none on the original link. The UK ones are there, I’m sure I seen some in the USA site ten mins ago!

• Some successful old (not line 6) iOS 13 guitar interface tests to report.

I still use my Sonic Port VX every day with an iPad Air 2 on iOS 12, but I have a newer iPad Pro 10.5 that I bought for studio use (more synths than guitar/voice), so I bit the bullet and updated to iOS 13.

I have a Behringer is202 dock (a trusty old workhorse) with a lightning to 30pin adapter to iPad Pro 10.5. Audio in/out fine and success recording guitar input in GarageBand. Didn’t try the mic input.

I also have a sonoma guitarjack 2 usb (very old but also a trusty travel companion, mostly retired once I got the Sonic port). I was happily surprised that this is also still working in ios13 (same iPad as above into GarageBand). As under previous iOS, I had to fire up sonoma’s guitar tone app to activate the guitar input, but once done it can be quit and the input is active in other apps. I didn’t try the mic input.

I didn’t run either of these devices for very long, but good to see life in the old dogs yet. That said, still hoping for a line 6 Christmas present fix.

• @steve99 said:
    Some successful old (not line 6) iOS 13 guitar interface tests to report.

I still use my Sonic Port VX every day with an iPad Air 2 on iOS 12, but I have a newer iPad Pro 10.5 that I bought for studio use (more synths than guitar/voice), so I bit the bullet and updated to iOS 13.

I have a Behringer is202 dock (a trusty old workhorse) with a lightning to 30pin adapter to iPad Pro 10.5. Audio in/out fine and success recording guitar input in GarageBand. Didn’t try the mic input.

I also have a sonoma guitarjack 2 usb (very old but also a trusty travel companion, mostly retired once I got the Sonic port). I was happily surprised that this is also still working in ios13 (same iPad as above into GarageBand). As under previous iOS, I had to fire up sonoma’s guitar tone app to activate the guitar input, but once done it can be quit and the input is active in other apps. I didn’t try the mic input.

I didn’t run either of these devices for very long, but good to see life in the old dogs yet. That said, still hoping for a line 6 Christmas present fix.

Btw, I have had confirmation from a friend with a SonicPort that if you use the USB cable that comes with the SonicPort instead of the lightning cable that the SonicPort works fine if you connect the USB to an Apple USB3 Camera Adapter if you supply power to the camera adapter's lightning port.

• Yeah that’s how I’m using mine and works great!

@espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:
    Some successful old (not line 6) iOS 13 guitar interface tests to report.

Btw, I have had confirmation from a friend with a SonicPort that if you use the USB cable that comes with the SonicPort instead of the lightning cable that the SonicPort works fine if you connect the USB to an Apple USB3 Camera Adapter if you supply power to the camera adapter's lightning port.

• with all due respect, no it’s not great!
    it’s a hack!
    plus the original sonic port didn’t come with usb.
    It’s a $99 paperweight in my house

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    with all due respect, no it’s not great!
    it’s a hack!

Agreed. I bought the irig HD2 thingy, it’s ok but the sonic port is better, or, was! Still waiting but. According to the forum, they are working on it with Apple. Who knows?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    with all due respect, no it’s not great!
    it’s a hack!

I thought even the early ones shipped with two cables one for iOS devices and one for USB hosts (the earliest sonic port shipped with a 30-pin iOS cable and a USB one).

If you haven't asked Line 6, you might ask for a USB cable. They might send you one at no or nominal charge since the lightning connection isn't working.

Sure it isn't ideal but it is better than not being able to use it, no?