Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio in not working IOS 13 - Line 6 Sonic Port

Comments

• Sort of. https://line6.com/support/topic/51962-i-cant-get-the-sonicport-input-signal-after-the-iphone-ios-1313-upgrade/

I would hang on for more clarification. Sonic port still doesn’t work on new update according to forum.

• Not working on my air2 with 13.2

Strangely though AB3 does identify it as being plugged in but crashes.

• Line6 MobileIn works fine with the 30-Pin -> Lightning adapter.
    iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.2 & iPhone 8 iOS13.2.

• @Samu said:
    Line6 MobileIn works fine with the 30-Pin -> Lightning adapter.

Is this a SonicPort, or a VX (I hope). If so would you be willing to let Line 6 know on their forum? Their communication skills are not on fire right now..

• @NoiseHorse said:

@Samu said:
    Line6 MobileIn works fine with the 30-Pin -> Lightning adapter.

Is this a SonicPort, or a VX (I hope). If so would you be willing to let Line 6 know on their forum? Their communication skills are not on fire right now..

It's an older device with a 30pin cable, not related to the Sonic Port AFAIK.

• @richardyot said:

It's an older device with a 30pin cable, not related to the Sonic Port AFAIK.

True, it can still be used to activate the MobilePod.app (I got the interface for free from a local music store).
    It's still my go-to when I need a Line-In for my iPhone 8 on the go.

I've not seen any SonicPorts in the local music stores for ages.
    A few years back I was seriously looking at getting a SonicPort VX...

Logically it should work with the USB cable hooked to a CCK. I'm always skeptical about proprietary connectors.

Even though devices that are supposed to be 'class compliant' the results can vary.
    For example my UR242 is supposed to be fully 'class compliant'. Sure enough it works flawlessly on iOS but on the desktop it needs a driver or it drops connections after a few minutes...

Hope all this it gets sorted out soon...

• Bummer. That’s the way my day is going. I’m glad you’ve got something that still works, gives me inspiration to try rigging things until it works.

• Man, bummer 🤯
    Can’t upgrade my ipad until they fix this issue.🤯

• Line 6 has been full of shit so far!
    I don’t expect them to do anything about it anymore!
    They act as a bunch of liars and thieves,

Fuck You Line 6 and all your shitty products!

• On 11/3/2019 at 1:17 AM, Bearben said:
    Don’t despair my fellow SonicVX. Yes after updating to IOS 13 the given lighting cable does not work period. Use your own lighting cable that comes with any iOS devices , convert the USB 1 side Using a converter to convert to the smaller USB head. It’s cost around sgd $2.50 and connect to the other VX port And you’re good to go.

Hello Bearben….would one of these work with a VX? https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_osacat=123422&_odkw=otg+usb+to+lightning&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=otg+usb+to+lightning+13&_sacat=123422

Thanks
    image.png

Can someone please confirm if this works?

• edited November 2019

Yeah, I had reported before that the VX works fine using the micro USB port.

Oh, Lightning to USB... Okay. I just tested using an Apple Lightning-to-USB pigtail and a micro USB cable. At first it gave me the "USB device needs too much power" error, but after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable my VX is working fine.

I've disconnected the cable and reconnected a few times and haven't been able to reproduce the power error.

• So for those of us without the VX whom are stuck with the crappy Line 6 proprietary cable — we’re just shit out of luck??

• What’s the best way to contact Line 6?

• Just updated to IOS 13.2.2 and my Sonic Port VX is working again!!!!😳❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🥁🎸

Just recorded into AUM mic and acoustic guitar both worked!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Just updated to IOS 13.2.2 and my Sonic Port VX is working again!!!!😳❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🥁🎸

Just recorded into AUM mic and acoustic guitar both worked!

Dis you try this without the Apple lightning cable?
    Could anyone try with a sonicport ?

I daren’t update since I often use my sonicport it to play and record bass with it.

• I used the USB provided cable will try the other one but i have to look for it.

• I used a CCK3 though connected to power.

• Unfortunately the Lightning cable for the VX did not work☹️
    But at least the USB into the powered CCK3 does work🤗.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Unfortunately the Lightning cable for the VX did not work☹️
    But at least the USB into the powered CCK3 does work🤗.

Glad to hear you’re up and running, no such luck for the sonic port by the sounds of it. I really need to make a decision on this. Maybe, irig hd not 2, don’t need anything else

• Has anyone actually tested the iRig hd on ios13 anyway?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Has anyone actually tested the iRig hd on ios13 anyway?

Good point! Does anyOne know? What about the rest of them? Eg HD2, original irig, the duo plus other makes? I can’t seem to find definitive answers on this.
    All I know is, I can’t wait around forever waiting for Line 6. One thing is for sure, I won’t be buying anything from Line 6 again ever!

• Guys is there a way to stop IOS from auto updating on the iPad? Since my VX finally works on 13.2.2 i wanna make sure it doesnt update on its own.

• edited November 2019

Turn off automatic updates?

And does the mobile pod app unlock now?

• Its not available option in my iPad i only saw that on my iphone.

• General > software update > Automatic updates > Off

• edited November 2019

@Tones4Christ said:

I used the USB provided cable will try the other one but i have to look for it.

@Tones4Christ said:
    I used a CCK3 though connected to power.

So you plugged the SonicPort VX supplied usb cable plugged to the VX. What is the other end plugged into? (an old Air2, a Pro, a 30 pin iPad 4?)
    My studio features an “iPad for dummies” book.. 😟

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @Tones4Christ said:

I used the USB provided cable will try the other one but i have to look for it.

@Tones4Christ said:
    I used a CCK3 though connected to power.

So you plugged the SonicPort VX supplied usb cable plugged to the VX. What is the other end plugged into? (an old Air2, a Pro, a 30 pin iPad 4?)
    My studio features an “iPad for dummies” book.. 😟

One end plugs into the SonicPort, the other end (as he mentioned) plugs into a CCK (Apple Camera Connection Kit -- which is how one connects USB to non-USB equipped iDevices -- there are 30-pin and lightning versions)

• Yeah my CCK 3 has a lightning plug to receive power and the USB female input. Also the CCK3 connects to the ipad via lightning. That plug is not cheap but make sure to buy authentic apple CCK3.

• The big question, I think, is that the VX has a standard USB(?) port out; the earlier version of the Sonic Port, which doesn't have a microphone, has only the proprietary Sonic Port, uh, port. I think this still doesn't work with iOS 13, right?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    The big question, I think, is that the VX has a standard USB(?) port out; the earlier version of the Sonic Port, which doesn't have a microphone, has only the proprietary Sonic Port, uh, port. I think this still doesn't work with iOS 13, right?

Right :(