Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio in not working IOS 13 - Line 6 Sonic Port

Comments

• Why should it be withdrawn immediately? What if I'm using iOS 12 and want to buy a Sonic Port VX? Does it still work for that? Does it say on the packaging or on any sales material that it works with iOS 13? I don't think you can justifiably make accusations of lying or illegal activity by Line 6. Not brilliant communication with customers maybe, but that's very different.

Some of the outrage here seems to ignore that this is a common scenario with modern technology and software updates. If you're going to get really worked up about it then you're going to have a very stressful life. I can understand being frustrated by it not working, but nobody deliberately wants their product not to work. The Sonic Port (VX in my case) is an excellent bit of kit, let's hope they can sort it out swiftly.

• Yeah i agree. Only thing is that they had a chance to beta test the OS and warn users. I mean if I would have been warned, I wouldn’t have updated my phone. But since i found out about it here, i was able to spare my iPad From this mess.

@steve99 said:
    Why should it be withdrawn immediately? What if I'm using iOS 12 and want to buy a Sonic Port VX? Does it still work for that? Does it say on the packaging or on any sales material that it works with iOS 13? I don't think you can justifiably make accusations of lying or illegal activity by Line 6. Not brilliant communication with customers maybe, but that's very different.

Some of the outrage here seems to ignore that this is a common scenario with modern technology and software updates. If you're going to get really worked up about it then you're going to have a very stressful life. I can understand being frustrated by it not working, but nobody deliberately wants their product not to work. The Sonic Port (VX in my case) is an excellent bit of kit, let's hope they can sort it out swiftly.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah i agree. Only thing is that they had a chance to beta test the OS and warn users. I mean if I would have been warned, I wouldn’t have updated my phone. But since i found out about it here, i was able to spare my iPad From this mess.

@steve99 said:
    Why should it be withdrawn immediately? What if I'm using iOS 12 and want to buy a Sonic Port VX? Does it still work for that? Does it say on the packaging or on any sales material that it works with iOS 13? I don't think you can justifiably make accusations of lying or illegal activity by Line 6. Not brilliant communication with customers maybe, but that's very different.

They did not warn the line 6 forum members or anyone else that it’s not working in Beta. I’m not that worked up about it as it’s fine- ish on 12.4, but, I do want to update and now can’t. In my opinion they have messed up big time, yet show little if any interest in sorting it out.
    The product does state it works on IOS, so anyone considering it may purchase it on that description, yes I suppose they’re covered by the wording. We’ll see but, I may get the Irig HD anyway, if it works.

• New update does not fix sonic port problem! 13.2 taken from line 6 forum.

• Wow updates coming thru fast; no go yet for the VX port.😞

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Wow updates coming thru fast; no go yet for the VX port.😞

Nope, we live in hope! I’ll give it a bit longer before I jump ship and get the Irig pro/ HD that do work.

• Line 6 should be the one asking Apple to fix this, not their customers.

Selling those units nowadays makes no sense. You find that the word illegal is exagerated ? Well, Go and tell it to those new owners who will be pleased to learn they have bought something they can’t use at all!
    This is pure scam and denial all the way from Line 6!

P.S: Oh and I don’t have 90€ to waste everyday. Maybe you do...

• @Johnba said:
    Line 6 should be the one asking Apple to fix this, not their customers.

Selling those units nowadays makes no sense. You find that the word illegal is exagerated ? Well, Go and tell it to those new owners who will be pleased to learn they have bought something they can’t use at all!

Line 6 have reported the bug to Apple. But the more pressure Apples users can put on Apple the more likely something will be done.

I’m sure Line6 are as disgruntled as we are, and I own 3 sonic ports (albeit I bought them all cheap on eBay )

• I’ve left a review on audiofanzine so that people avoid buying it and waste their money. Cheers!

• @Johnba said:

The point of contacting Apple is to give them a sense of the users affected. As I mentioned earlier, when a developer reports a problem to Apple, Apple has to prioritize resources. If Apple hears from no or few customers, the priority will be lower than if they hear from many customers.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Johnba said:

Line 6 have reported the bug to Apple. But the more pressure Apples users can put on Apple the more likely something will be done.

I’m sure Line6 are as disgruntled as we are, and I own 3 sonic ports (albeit I bought them all cheap on eBay )

Line 6 have reported it but make no mention of it on the forum, or indeed any kind of feedback or apology on the said forum. I tried signing up to the forum and all I got was error messages during the process.

Line 6 have had plenty of time with beta to figure this out, they knew about it during the testing as members informed them, still no feedback or comment from L6 was forthcoming to the forum or anywhere else. And yes they’re going for peanuts on eBay.

• Cheers seen that one before. “ if/ when?” May/ might.

• I'm not holding my breath, decided to use the Sonic Port exclusively with an iPhone 5C for now. I'm updating all my other devices to the current iOS and probably not buying another Lightning only audio interface ever again.

For portability I'm sticking with the Behringer UCA202 and CCK adapter, all my other interfaces require more power so they'll be stationary anyway.

This might nudge me towards making an iOS 9 based groovebox/fx unit...I've disassembled the 5C twice for repairs and it was simple enough. Maybe I can make a single housing for the guts of both devices and add some sort of mounting bracket to attach it to a guitar or keyboard.

Line6 makes some other cool products, it's a shame they might let this one fade into oblivion.

• Anyone heard anything? I think iPad OS 13.2 is out; wondered if anyone has tried it?

• Here’s an email I just received for Line 6 customer support:

“No news yet. Apple has been communicating with us through standard bug report procedures, and we're just waiting on them at this point. If you would like to check back, I would at least give it a week or two.”

Line 6 appears to be trying, but they’re waiting on the magic update like the rest of us.

• If it’s advertised to work with iPad and iPhone then it should work on latest iOS version. Same with Korg stuff BT issues. I think it’s a big problem for those compagnies. Perhaps they will need to produce a new hardware version, leaving older owners with issues not fixed.

• @Janosax said:
    If it’s advertised to work with iPad and iPhone then it should work on latest iOS version. Same with Korg stuff BT issues. I think it’s a big problem for those compagnies. Perhaps they will need to produce a new hardware version, leaving older owners with issues not fixed.

The Sonic Port is MFi certified, which means that Apple would have put it through compliance testing and Line 6 have to pay Apple a fee for every product sold - MFi certified products really shouldn't break like this, and since Line 6 are paying Apple to sell products that are exclusive for iOS use (the Sonic Port is an iOS-only device) I really think in this case the onus is on Apple to fix this. God knows when they will though.

• If it doesn’t get fixed it means we might just as well buy cheap Chinese knock offs - they may break after the next iOS update but if the mfi ones are going to as well why pay extra?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    If it doesn’t get fixed it means we might just as well buy cheap Chinese knock offs - they may break after the next iOS update but if the mfi ones are going to as well why pay extra?

Yes, exactly! Line 6 have to pay Apple for the privilege of having MFi certification, so it's pretty outrageous that Apple are not offering better support to get this fixed.

• @richardyot said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    If it doesn’t get fixed it means we might just as well buy cheap Chinese knock offs - they may break after the next iOS update but if the mfi ones are going to as well why pay extra?

Yes, exactly! Line 6 have to pay Apple for the privilege of having MFi certification, so it's pretty outrageous that Apple are not offering better support to get this fixed.

But, according to their forum, Line 6 knew about this during iOS 13 beta testing. If that’s the case then it’s not good enough. I’m still waiting myself, considering the Irig 2 HD which by all accounts works with IOS 13.

• @richardyot said:

@Janosax said:
    If it’s advertised to work with iPad and iPhone then it should work on latest iOS version. Same with Korg stuff BT issues. I think it’s a big problem for those compagnies. Perhaps they will need to produce a new hardware version, leaving older owners with issues not fixed.

The Sonic Port is MFi certified, which means that Apple would have put it through compliance testing and Line 6 have to pay Apple a fee for every product sold - MFi certified products really shouldn't break like this, and since Line 6 are paying Apple to sell products that are exclusive for iOS use (the Sonic Port is an iOS-only device) I really think in this case the onus is on Apple to fix this. God knows when they will though.

Is it exclusive though, doesn’t it work with a normal computer! It appears it doesn’t work on the Mac new update either now. Can’t remember if it came with a usb lead?

• There’s 2 SonicPorts
    The original is lightning only
    The VX which has a built in microphone has a usb connection as well

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@NoiseHorse said:
    Here’s an email I just received for Line 6 customer support:

“No news yet. Apple has been communicating with us through standard bug report procedures, and we're just waiting on them at this point. If you would like to check back, I would at least give it a week or two.”

Line 6 appears to be trying, but they’re waiting on the magic update like the rest of us.

In light of the posts about MFi certification, this just sounds to me like Line 6 is only half-heartedly trying. Probably have some meek engineer plodding along with progressing it with Apple. I've managed customer service before, and can tell you, if a company wants to be agressive about getting their issue fixed, the are many ways to up the pressure, and results do usually follow, or at least there is less vague informatoin about progress.

I simply don't think they're trying hard enough - and that does piss me off. Even though I earlier thought people should be more patient, this is changing my mind.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    There’s 2 SonicPorts
    The original is lightning only
    The VX which has a built in microphone has a usb connection as well

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Line 6 sonic port does not work on new update. On their forum, it appears some did get it to work but for only 10 minutes then, crash. The saga continues!

• Link to line 6 forum page
    https://line6.com/support/topic/50210-sonic-port-ios-13-ng/
    End of page one carrying on to page two

• They give no sign of putting energy in resolving the problem so far.
    If you read them, they say it might work again or not, one day.

This showed how disdainful Line 6 was towards their customers!

I have very little hope now and feel I was cheated but by reading
    forums here and there, I'm not the only one...

• @Johnba said:
    They give no sign of putting energy in resolving the problem so far.
    If you read them, they say it might work again or not, one day.

This showed how disdainful Line 6 was towards their customers!

I have very little hope now and feel I was cheated but by reading
    forums here and there, I'm not the only one...

There maybe hope if some got it working for 10 mins, maybe another update and it works. Like you I’m not sure it’ll ever get sorted! Disappointed with Line 6’s attitude towards the problem!

• Has anyone tried the latest IOS 13.2 with the VX?