Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio in not working IOS 13 - Line 6 Sonic Port

Comments

• Okay, I found the propietary Lightning cable for my SonicPort VX and it doesn't work that way with my iPhone. My Apogee Duet does, though.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Okay, I found the propietary Lightning cable for my SonicPort VX and it doesn't work that way with my iPhone. My Apogee Duet does, though.

But you’re saying things work okay if you connect via the USB input on your Mini? That might affect my future purchases...

• Ithe Sonic VX port is still being sold for $200 at Musicians Friend so they better get their act together a fast!

• @NoiseHorse said:

@Liquidmantis said:
    Okay, I found the propietary Lightning cable for my SonicPort VX and it doesn't work that way with my iPhone. My Apogee Duet does, though.

But you’re saying things work okay if you connect via the USB input on your Mini? That might affect my future purchases...

I misspoke before I meant the micro USB port, not mini. But using my USB-C iPads with a USB-C hub or adapter and a regular USB-A to micro USB cable, the SonicPort VX works fine, as does the Duet with its special USB cable.

• edited September 2019

Also I just tested my Apogee Jam+, which which came with a direct Lightning to micro USB cable, works fine. That cable doesn't work with the SonicPort VX at all, though.

• Not cheap🤯🤯🤯🤯

• I hooked up mine last night using the supplied USB cable and AUM detected it but didn’t record anything. You mean if i use a hub might work?

• iPad Pro 3rd gen usb c with usb c to USB adapter, Sonic port VX works with aum, Audiobus, Bias Fx on iPadOS 13.1 Mobilepod does not unlock, even though in the app settings it shows the VX as connected.

• Just got off text support with Line6. They said to hold and no support ticket needed.

• Okay I’m holding :)

• edited September 2019

I own a sonic port and would like to upgrade to IOS 13 as well!
    Line 6 can’t Keep on selling Sonic Port and VX units if they don’t fix this!
    When you read their note, they say Apple is the one to blame,
    not them... What the Fuck !

Get Yo shit 2gether Line 6

• Good thing i only upgraded iphone and not ipad.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Just got off text support with Line6. They said to hold and no support ticket needed.

Will see about that, they’re not exactly quick off the mark. It’s on line 6 forum about the issue, not happy. And, yes they will need to stop selling it immediately until fixed. These things ain’t cheap!

• edited September 2019

I wonder if the Rode NT USB mic will work with ios 13.

Edit: I have just contacted Rode tech support about it, and I am waiting for a reply.

• I agree, i left a review on Sweetwater header “Does not work with IOS13”
    Hope it gets their attention. Cause people are updating like crazy and these things are still selling good after all these years.

@Wrecked said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Just got off text support with Line6. They said to hold and no support ticket needed.

Will see about that, they’re not exactly quick off the mark. It’s on line 6 forum about the issue, not happy. And, yes they will need to stop selling it immediately until fixed. These things ain’t cheap!

• I feel cheated by this company right now. I can't believe these things are still sold on the market !
    Why don't they give their customers any answer? it's been so far such a show of disrespect !
    Anyone on the forum got any news from Line 6 via their email ?

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Johnba said:
    I feel cheated by this company right now. I can't believe these things are still sold on the market !
    Why don't they give their customers any answer? it's been so far such a show of disrespect !

Maybe they don't know enough yet to give a reliable answer. More often than not, software issues are difficult to analyze and to predict development timelines. They may be still trying to understand if/when Apple will provide a resolution, or whether they need to try to push a firmware fix themselves.

Sure, there's no excuse for the issue not being resolved during the beta phase of iOS, and you're right to be annoyed. But it's easy to see how this might not have come to their attention considering iPad users are probably a small percentage of their customer base.

Not trying to say you shouldn't be annoyed, just trying to offer some encouragement to give it a little time before expending too much emotional energy on it.

• Thanks for your positive analysis, Wim!
    I'm crossing my fingers this get solved
    because I use it within so many apps right now...
    the which are not usable on older devices any more.

@wim said:

@Johnba said:
    I feel cheated by this company right now. I can't believe these things are still sold on the market !

Maybe they don't know enough yet to give a reliable answer. More often than not, software issues are difficult to analyze and to predict development timelines. They may be still trying to understand if/when Apple will provide a resolution, or whether they need to try to push a firmware fix themselves.

Sure, there's no excuse for the issue not being resolved during the beta phase of iOS, and you're right to be annoyed. But it's easy to see how this could might not have come to their attention considering iPad users are probably a small percentage of their customer base.

Not trying to say you shouldn't be annoyed, just trying to offer some encouragement to give it a little time before expending too much emotional energy on it.

• Anyone know if the I rig 2 works in iPad 13 update? Only ask as trying to look for options if Line 6 fail to sort out the sonic port.

• edited September 2019

I believe Line 6 has been bought by yamaha.

• edited September 2019

@flo26 said:
    Line 6 has been by yamaha i think.

Line 6 were bought by Yamaha. Yamaha being an honourable company should step in and sort it. Of course Yamaha may not know the problem exists at all. No idea what input Yamaha have, they did change the Variax shape to the Pacifica shape and may well have cleaned up the electrics in the Variax. I have the Yamaha version, it’s a fine guitar and all works as it should for the last 3/4 years I’ve had it.

• I (as someone who owns 3 including a vx) think this one is more down to Apple to sort out than Line6 I’m not even sure it would be possible to do a firmware update on a sonic port.

In the meantime I agree they should withdraw them from sale.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I (as someone who owns 3 including a vx) think this one is more down to Apple to sort out than Line6 I’m not even sure it would be possible to do a firmware update on a sonic port.

They should, without delay!

• edited September 2019

@Jonah66 said:
    iPad Pro 3rd gen usb c with usb c to USB adapter, Sonic port VX works with aum, Audiobus, Bias Fx on iPadOS 13.1 Mobilepod does not unlock, even though in the app settings it shows the VX as connected.

So I wonder if there’s a clever way to use the USB C successful connection and adapt/rig/duct tape/finagle something that would connect into the Lightning port that other iPads/Phones have????
    Either by us or Line 6.

• edited September 2019

I just tested using a Lightning to USB adapter and the micro USB port on my VX. It's not detected.

[Edit] Correction! It works with the CCK kit and adding power.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I just tested using a Lightning to USB adapter and the micro USB port on my VX. It's not detected.

Ok but, that means buying more stuff. Maybe cheaper if they don’t fix it that is, to buy the Irig 2, which is around £30/40. And, I believe does work?

• @Liquidmantis said:

Aha! There’s hope, I’ve got that stuff laying around here somewhere.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Wrecked said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    I (as someone who owns 3 including a vx) think this one is more down to Apple to sort out than Line6 I’m not even sure it would be possible to do a firmware update on a sonic port.

How would they do that? Go around and collect them from all the retailers who have bought them to sell and are the real ones who sell to consumers? Send lawyers to Amazon, Guitar Center, Sweetwater, EBay, etc, etc, telling people not to sell them? Put out an announcement telling people not to buy from such retailers, and get sued for damaging their business? Buy them all back from the retailers around the world and go out of business?

I doubt very much if any of Line 6's sales are direct to consumer. What you're suggesting sounds good, but isn't practical. Not that I don't have sympathy ... just it's not as simple as pulling an app from the app store or something.

• @wim said:

@Wrecked said:

@BiancaNeve said:

How would they do that? Go around and collect them from all the retailers who have bought them to sell and are the real ones who sell to consumers? Send lawyers to Amazon, Guitar Center, Sweetwater, EBay, etc, etc, telling people not to sell them? Put out an announcement telling people not to buy from such retailers, and get sued for damaging their business? Buy them all back from the retailers around the world and go out of business?

I doubt very much if any of Line 6's sales are direct to consumer. What you're suggesting sounds good, but isn't practical. Not that I don't have sympathy ... just it's not as simple as pulling an app from the app store or something.

They could recall the shop ones I suppose, but the ones like me who’ve had it for years, of course not. it’s not dangerous or anything. I agree the logistical problems are huge to recall the units.
    I would hope that retail outlets have been informed by Yamaha/ line 6, they could then retain stock till at some point the matter is resolved. Bit of a balls up really.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Not gonna happen. It's just too impractical. Especially since iOS users are surely only a fraction of the customer base.

I imagine it'll be fixed in far less time than it would take to implement any reactionary measures. But, I'll shut up now.