Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looperverse by Retronyms Inc Is on sale right now

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Down from $5.99 to $0.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1169664121

Description
Looperverse is the ultimate loop recording and performance system for iOS! Continuously record up to 16 tracks worth of content, and immediately edit them. Inter App Audio and AudioBus support ensures that you can record any virtual instrument.

Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at [email protected].

Looperverse makes recording, editing, and customizing loops simple. The 16 track loop recorder includes sound-on-sound, overwrite, and next track modes. You can adjust track sends to the built-in delay and reverb effects, as well as adjusting pan, gain, mute, and solo in the mixer. Looperverse features advanced waveform editing, pitch shifting, time stretching, live reverse, extensive undo/redo, and time signature support.

Limitlessly modify your scenes and explore your phrases and riffs with Looperverse. Looperverse also supports Ableton Link, allowing you to lock tempo with Ableton Live or apps on other devices. AudioCopy support allows you to quickly publish music on SoundCloud, copy and paste from hundreds of compatible apps, and choose from millions of loops and sounds available in the Content Store.

Features:

• Advanced 16 track loop recorder
  • Time stretching and pitch shifting for scenes, tracks, and segments
  • Delay and reverb send effects
  • Built in mixer with pan, gain, mute, and solo
  • Advanced waveform editing
  • Snap to grid or transient for extensive editing
  • Advanced time signature support for every musical style
  • Tap tempo
  • Stem export for DAWs
  • Reverse songs or musical segments in real time while recording or playing back
  • Extensive undo/redo
  • Audio trigger record
  • Play scene with keyboard
  • IAA, Audiobus and Ableton Link support
  • MIDI and MIDI learn support
  • AudioCopy and AudioPaste support 

The app is integrated and enhanced with the Looperverse pedal, which provides 6 premium quality switches pre-mapped to undo, redo, clear, tap tempo, record, and playback. Each setting is fully customizable, so you can remap to their liking. It can be controlled from your iOS device and will work as a standalone pedal with any device that supports MIDI. Because the Looperverse pedal supports the Bluetooth (BTLE) MIDI standard, it’s compatible with virtually any software on any device. You can control Looperverse from external hardware and remap to your liking with MIDI and MIDI Learn support.

Check out some of our other apps! We have partnered with music legends including AKAI Professional to develop iMPC and iMPC Pro, allowing you to turn your iOS device into an MPC. For more information about the Looperverse pedal, please visit www.retronyms.com.

Comments

• Hi, I'm Frank and I'm an appoholic. It's been 21 seconds since my last purchase. Looperverse is a steal at this price.

Hey White. Thanks a lot for always posting these sales. Much appreciated.

• There’s a bundle with hook for less than 4€ too!

• Thanks, @White
    That thing was on my list, and for that price I finally got it.

And yes, thanks for your regular informative posts!

• edited September 2019

It seems that every track recording is a bit of.
    Every time I stop recording Looperverse stops??wtf?

• @Korakios said:

Also crashes when going a bit deeper with audio track editing (zoom, split, move etc).

• edited September 2019

@rs2000 said:

@Korakios said:

Also crashes when going a bit deeper with audio track editing (zoom, split, move etc).

Lol, I may refund since I don’t want to waste a cent over Retronyms anymore . I’ll try to send a bug report first and kindly wait for 14 days....
    (After making an “appropriate” review in the store >:) )

• edited September 2019

It’s a crackle fest to use for me...also for some reason it killed access to all my AUv3 plug ins in AUM so i had to reboot my iPad.

Retronyms does not equal quality. Stuff looks and sounds nice in theory but is ultimately a bug laden mess.

Loop at your own risk 😳🤨

Just get LoopyHD for a smooth and silky ride. It’s worth the price of admission.

• Wasted opportunity. I bought this on release, but the weird way it wrapped audio put me off, so it was one of the very few refunds I've had.

I love the way it looks and if it hadn't had the issue I reported it would have been a go-to app for me. Such a shame.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Wasted opportunity. I bought this on release, but the weird way it wrapped audio put me off, so it was one of the very few refunds I've had.

I love the way it looks and if it hadn't had the issue I reported it would have been a go-to app for me. Such a shame.

Heh, yah when I saw the thread the first thing I thought was ‘oh is this that weird wrapping one?’...

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Wasted opportunity. I bought this on release, but the weird way it wrapped audio put me off, so it was one of the very few refunds I've had.

Heh, yah when I saw the thread the first thing I thought was ‘oh is this that weird wrapping one?’...

They were very nice about it, but said they wouldn't change the behaviour of the clips, so...

This as an AU, like a little mini DAW...fantastic. But...

• tjatja
    edited September 2019

First start, record ambient noise, zoom around in the track - the App hangs.

I even bought the bundle, I'm such an idiot :|

• What a shame! This looks like a great companion for a dawless setup but will give it a miss

• Thanks to all those who commented, saving me $0.99.

Loopy HD >

• I got it for free with the bundle since I already had the other one so I grabbed it I haven’t tried it out yet though. Doesn’t look promising with the comments on here but at least it was free anyway

• @tja said:
    First start, record ambient noise, zoom around in the track - the App hangs.

I even bought the bundle, I'm such an idiot :|

Same here, when zooming in.
    It didn’t crash though. I was able to zoom back out and continue.
    I guess I will avoid zooming in too far.

It is an interesting hybrid between a multitrack Audio arranger and Looper. Convenient 16 track scene builder, with a timeline and clip editing, but geared toward loop arrangements.

I tried doing this hybrid type of thing in Cubasis, but Cubasis has Loop mode issues with its clock. This was worth $1 for me, since it worked pretty good so far. Just that hanging when I zoomed in on the waveform, but no crackles or crashes yet.

• Thanks, @CracklePot
    Maybe I try again, after calming down a bit :)

• edited September 2019

If I import from the clipboard it seems to replace all clips with the imported audio. So a project can only have one clip. And it crashes constantly.
    What is it with Retronyms? Every app I've ever tried from them seems to be hopeless. Are they some sort of venture capital dirty money destruction scheme?

• edited September 2019

Audiocopy brings back memories!

• So does the talking paperclip. Not memories I'm keen to relive though.

• From support they told me they will try to fix the zoom bug , will look into the AB rec button that stops playback after recording and might find a way to sync better the recordings which currently are a bit off .
    I suggest anyone who found a bug to contact support . But now while they are active ...

That company had some great apps (Tabletop still superb design) but they can’t keep up :(

Looperverse is great since you can split move the takes like a mini DAW (basic stuff), if anyone knows a similar app pls post !

• I grabbed this last week and group the loop this week, absolutely GTL is the winner IMO

• In every video I checked ,GTL looks great but the workflow (for me) is a bit confusing

• @Korakios said:
    In every video I checked ,GTL looks great but the workflow (for me) is a bit confusing

I can help ya if you got any questions message me

• edited August 2020

Can I load bias fx 2 there or just record from aum?

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@AlphaNomad said:
    Can I load bias fx 2 there or just record from aum?

It will load, but I couldn’t make it pass through any sound. Recording from AUM or Audiobus works though.

I do not recommend this app though. There are far better options IMO.

• edited August 2020

This app makes me sad every time I think about it. Hire the guy who designed the Electrix Repeater to work on this app and then bury it along with the stompbox made for it. 🤦🏻

It makes no sense @Retronyms

• @wim said:
    there are far better options IMO.

Sadly there are not . It’s like a mini DAW/looper.
    Hopefully a dev will clone it .

• @Korakios said:

@wim said:
    there are far better options IMO.

Sadly there are not . It’s like a mini DAW

It gives that impression - and certainly the release vids pushed that too - but it isn't. If you move a piece of audio off the right edge, then it appears on the left of the timeline, which is pretty pointless for my uses and doesn't match how a normal DAW timeline works with audio chunks. I asked them if they could stop this happening, or at least give an option to either loop, or crop the recorded audio, but they declined.

This could have been a killer app, but unfortunately the developers didn't see it that way.