Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

Comments

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Looks like adding new snapsots have the same issue?

you're right, there's a bug. will fix asap.

• @cp3 said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    Looks like adding new snapsots have the same issue?

you're right, there's a bug. will fix asap.

Much appreciated. cykle is truly amazing.

• Looking forward to the update. In Arp mode does output get quantized to a beat division. Sometimes it seems the output in arp mode is late by a beat division when midi data is fed from another midi generating app. For example if I send chords from Navichords as opposed to midi in a clip on a daw track.

• a small cykle update (1.3.2) has been released with the following:

• longer step and and gate duration times up to a whole note (1/1)
    • new color scheme
    • added option to export patterns
    • various bugfixes and improvements
  • @cp3 thqnks so much. Love cykle

• @cp3 Yay - cool.

You fixed the two bugs i found in the beta - even before i had the time to send a report on how to reproduce them :)

• this is probably my fav au sequencer, i’ve been using it so much!
    its probably too much work but having a song mode would be amazing so it’ll repeat pattern A 4 times then jump to B or whatever. i don’t know if it’sdoable but either way it’s really fun and i’ve been getting great results

• @cp3 said:
    a small cykle update (1.3.2) has been released with the following:

• new color scheme

Are the patterns exported as a midi file?

• @cp3 ❤️ cykle! Thanks for the update..

• love cykle - & like the new colour scheme...

• not sure if currently possible but would be good to have a way to remotely Midi trigger the scenes A,B,C etc;

Also a program change lane would be great to set up some kind of song mode for the Digitakt.

• edited August 2020

Remote trigger / midi cc could solve for song mode.

• Or maybe one instance of cykle modulating another inside AUM...

• @cp3 said:
    a small cykle update (1.3.2) has been released with the following:

• new color scheme

awesome

• Love the new color scheme

• Are more scales coming?
    What about chromatic?

• It’s magnificent a sequencer and randomizer

What I would love to have as an area of let’s say 5-10% of the Plugins width that is reserved for scrolling. Right now the scrolling aspect of the plugin is narrowing the UX
    But this may be a personal thing and need some time to get used to the workflow

• The touch behavior for velocity took a little getting used to. Can’t slide bars up and down, you have to tap. Sliding anywhere, even on a bar, increases the number of steps. It might be better if control over number of steps was limited to dragging the little gray handle, and allowing velocity bars to be dragged up an down.

• @ecamburn said:
    The touch behavior for velocity took a little getting used to. Can’t slide bars up and down, you have to tap. Sliding anywhere, even on a bar, increases the number of steps. It might be better if control over number of steps was limited to dragging the little gray handle, and allowing velocity bars to be dragged up an down.

This is what i mean... this is narrowing the UX but I like your concept as well, limiting it to the gray handle. Good call.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Are the patterns exported as a midi file?

no, as a file that can be loaded in cykle on another device. might add MIDI and/or Ableton export later.

@sambo said:
    not sure if currently possible but would be good to have a way to remotely Midi trigger the scenes A,B,C etc;

you should be able to switch patterns A, B, etc. by sending a program change message to cykle, but I just realized I've broken this in the latest update. will fix asap.

@reasOne said:
    its probably too much work but having a song mode would be amazing so it’ll repeat pattern A 4 times then jump to B or whatever. i don’t know if it’sdoable but either way it’s really fun and i’ve been getting great results

see the above answer, you could set up a 'song mode' if you have another sequencer sending program change messages to cykle.

@despego said:
    Are more scales coming?
    What about chromatic?

possibly, keep in mind you can also add chromatic pitches using the 'accidental' sequence.

@ecamburn said:
    It might be better if control over number of steps was limited to dragging the little gray handle, and allowing velocity bars to be dragged up an down.

that's actually how it was in the previous versions, I changed it so the entire cell would respond to sideways dragging, as dragging the grey handle was quite fiddly, but I didn't consider the velocity bars. will look into this.

• @cp3 thanks for the reply! Midi export will make this instabuy for me.

• just released a small update (1.3.3) with the following changes:

• added option to enter continuous control (CC) value by long-pressing on fader
    • fixed bug with swing not working in standalone version
    • fixed bug in sequencer engine causing timing jitter on larger buffer sizes
    • various small bugfixes and improvements
  • @cp3 thanks. This one of my favourite sequencer on iOS. Thanks again for the update.

• Just hit the store... Thanks..

• @cp3 Thanks for the update to this fantastic sequencer.. 👍

• @royor said:
    @cp3 Thanks for the update to this fantastic sequencer.. 👍

I suspect, given your enthusiasm, that those of us who bought this app and shoved it down into our forgotten pocket need to go back and have a proper look...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@royor said:
    @cp3 Thanks for the update to this fantastic sequencer.. 👍

I suspect, given your enthusiasm, that those of us who bought this app and shoved it down into our forgotten pocket need to go back and have a proper look...

I find that it always surprises me.. I may start out with some sort of focus as to what I wish to accomplish in cykle and indubitably I end up with something else - just as good BUT usually better than my original idea.. and something I wouldn’t have come up with anywhere else.. it’s a unique, beautiful beast..

• Can any of Cykle's UI be MIDI learned to be used with a controller?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Can any of Cykle's UI be MIDI learned to be used with a controller?

Nope

• @royor said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Can any of Cykle's UI be MIDI learned to be used with a controller?

Nope

Thanks. That's a shame though. It looks like a pretty cool sequencer.

One thing I love about the Polyphase app is how many of it's sequencing controls can be MIDI controlled. Setting these up with a custom Launchpad template, is so good.

@cp3 Would this be considered for a future update?