Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

1356712

Comments

  • @gusgranite @Carnbot Thank you for your encouragement gentlemen. I have finally found bleeps and boops in profusion :)

  • what an absolute gem

  • Thanks for the reply @cp3 !

    Potential feature request: It would be neat to have an easy way to setup Cycle for use with ios drum machines (hello Ruismaker!). Would you consider adding a way to select a custom set of midi notes as "scale" to make that easier?

  • Great interface for iPhone experiments:

    iPhone Cykle Test by McD on #SoundCloud

  • edited September 2019

    So — sorry to bring it back to me, but: Is the bug where Cykle starts on the "2" still there? That kind of made it sound unusable, but all this gushing, and McD's super-cool Soundcloud have me confused.

    Is Cykle ready?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    So — sorry to bring it back to me, but: Is the bug where Cykle starts on the "2" still there? That kind of made it sound unusable, but all this gushing, and McD's super-cool Soundcloud have me confused.

    Is Cykle ready?

    It's ready. Just ignore the bugs. Heh.

  • McDMcD
    edited September 2019

    @ExAsperis99 said
    Is Cykle ready?

    It’s from a new developer that interacts here. Manual is on the top of the list so the apps probably stable. It shows innovation as a generator with extra bells and whistles for some thing different.

    I’m a fan of the GUI for iPhone’s. I couldn’t get the midi in the standalone to connect into AUM but the AUv3 got me moving with the test drive. The I stared layering on iPhone midi fix apps (MIDI Echo and mfxpitch).

    I called up the seldom used Animoog-iPhone for iPhone and an iSymphonic orchestra and went crazy with Eventide’s FX and Kosmonaut.

    Drums make anything sound exotic so I grabbed some Mid East Drummer and ItrapTap’ed it for extra weirdness.

    All app assembly without much music theory needed. Some of the cykle with Animoog alone was nice and creepy and really a better demo of it’s random musical qualities but we’ll hear more with the usual demo czars soon. Support your local demo czar.

    iPhones are hard to make music on for me.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    HAH!
    Done.

    OK, now I am Suzanne Ciani.
    I love this.

  • edited September 2019

    Dumb question. It seems like the first control "/1" allows you to slow down the rate of a row. "/1" seems to be 8th notes, /2 seems to divide the rate in half (quarter notes). But is there a way to increase the rate of a row?

  • Another Test Drive pushing the random button in the middle section for more variety.

  • DCJDCJ
    edited September 2019

    Any word on when the update drops for this? I love it but am scared to use it because none of my projects will sound the same once they actually start on the 1. @cp3

  • Beta got an update tonight. State saving is working for scale, woo.

  • Awesome!

  • Hope patterns on the AU shows up too.

  • edited September 2019

    @RajahP said:
    Hope patterns on the AU shows up too.

    Yes, this would be great @cp3 and ideally trigger them with midi CC or have them be mappable with AU parameters.

  • cp3cp3
    edited September 2019

    update that fixes transport sync and scale/key state saving is in review with Apple.

  • @cp3 said:
    update that fixes transport sync and scale/key state saving is in review with Apple.

    Awesome! I bought and downloaded waiting for this specific fix. You really have a creative mind, sir!

  • edited September 2019

    Anyone else figure out what the "/1" control does? In the AUv version it's a global control that changes all rows when you change 1 row.

    Also, can anyone who's gotten this to work standalone explain how? cykle doesn't expose a midi output that is recognized by the synths I've tested it with, and there are no midi connector's in the app's settings. Checked with Phasemaker and Thumbjam.

  • midi output in standalone: grab the little horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen, just above the patterns, and drag it upwards.

    this is a little odd and likely would fit better in the midi settings

  • Thanks @wellingtonCres

    Confirmed that the "/1" button works the same in standalone as in Auv. Doesn't appear to do anything. Future feature?

  • @ecamburn said:
    Thanks @wellingtonCres

    Confirmed that the "/1" button works the same in standalone as in Auv. Doesn't appear to do anything. Future feature?

    My math brain is kinda OK with it :p

  • The killer feature of this ap imho is the time division per parameter.
    A further development of the app should I think put an emphasis on this.
    I would suggest giving it a lane grid per parameter as part of the parameter title bar always visible on which the center would be /1, left slower subdivision and right multiplication.

  • @jipumarino said:

    @ecamburn said:
    Thanks @wellingtonCres

    Confirmed that the "/1" button works the same in standalone as in Auv. Doesn't appear to do anything. Future feature?

    My math brain is kinda OK with it :p

    It's not the label. I'm ok with it too. The parameter doesn't do anything right now. ;)

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    HAH!
    Done.

    OK, now I am Suzanne Ciani.
    I love this.

    Yea, apps like this really do tend to strip the “mystique “ of some artists...

  • @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    HAH!
    Done.

    OK, now I am Suzanne Ciani.
    I love this.

    Yea, apps like this really do tend to strip the “mystique “ of some artists...

    Feed it into other a(r)pps = mind blown

  • How many steps is this? 16? 32? 64?

    Is there a song mode, or pattern chain mode? Nice to see a new step sequencer, that’s one of my great hopes for making music with a touch screen.

  • @auxmux said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    HAH!
    Done.

    OK, now I am Suzanne Ciani.
    I love this.

    Yea, apps like this really do tend to strip the “mystique “ of some artists...

    Feed it into other a(r)pps = mind blown

    Feed it into mididelay by the guy that did Quantum... Saunder I think...

  • @Processaurus said:
    How many steps is this? 16? 32? 64?

    Is there a song mode, or pattern chain mode? Nice to see a new step sequencer, that’s one of my great hopes for making music with a touch screen.

    No song mode yet, but I'm hoping when patterns are added to AU that they are midi mappable. Then could use Orchestra script for Mozaic by @burns_audio to change patterns. I'm using StepBud like this.

  • @auxmux said:

    @Processaurus said:
    How many steps is this? 16? 32? 64?

    Is there a song mode, or pattern chain mode? Nice to see a new step sequencer, that’s one of my great hopes for making music with a touch screen.

    No song mode yet, but I'm hoping when patterns are added to AU that they are midi mappable. Then could use Orchestra script for Mozaic by @burns_audio to change patterns. I'm using StepBud like this.

    Would r e a l l y like a song mode...

Sign In or Register to comment.