Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

1789101113»

Comments

• @god said:
    Hitting the arrow buttons “< >” in the song mode window crashes the plugin for me in NS2

For me this occurs in AUM too but only if the timeline is empty.

thanks for reporting, I'll fix

@senhorlampada said:
    ohh... too bad the update is iOS 13 :open_mouth:

ah yeah sorry, I used some stuff from the iOS 13 SDK that saved me a lot of work. didn't realize there were users still on < 13.

• @cp3 said:
    new cykle update (1.5) out now!

https://youtube.com/shorts/aPNBkDvIXzU

• song mode
    • playback modes per sequence (forward, backward, random, jump)
    • on/off-switch for sequence lanes
    • 'harmonize' sequence type
    • additional scales
    • additional presets
    • various bugfixes & improvements

Great!

• @cp3 Great update! I Like the harmonisation addition.

A bit of feedback on editing the song mode....

I find it a bit unintuitive that extending the length of one song section will reduce the length of adjacent sections. I even ran into the scenario where one section was completely overlapped and out of view after extending other sections.

For me personally, only the length of the section being actively edited should change.

This is just my initial thoughts though and perhaps more time with the feature will reveal it's current format to be more useful.

Cheers.

Oh, just one other thing.... the Song Section could do with it's own stop/pause/play controls. If the transport is in play and I'm editing the song sections, the track position will follow on Song mode. Great. However.... if I want to stop the transport I need to hit the main transport control and this closes the Song Mode window.
    Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

• @danimal said:
    I love cykle - great unexpected update! Very neat variable timeline sequencing, thanks!

I can confirm

@god said:
    Hitting the arrow buttons “< >” in the song mode window crashes the plugin for me in NS2

For me this occurs in AUM too but only if the timeline is empty.

Can confirm this AUM observation.

@cp3 I helped with Beta-Testing on Chord Flow. Happy to help out on Cykle too if needed.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @cp3 Great update! I Like the harmonisation addition.

I find it a bit unintuitive that extending the length of one song section will reduce the length of adjacent sections. I even ran into the scenario where one section was completely overlapped and out of view after extending other sections.

For me personally, only the length of the section being actively edited should change.

not sure if I understand exactly, but editing one section shouldn't affect the length of the adjacent sections, neither should any section go out of view (the timeline is horizontally scrollable). feel free to DM me with more details, perhaps you're running into a bug that I haven't encountered.

• @cp3 said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @cp3 Great update! I Like the harmonisation addition.

not sure if I understand exactly, but editing one section shouldn't affect the length of the adjacent sections, neither should any section go out of view (the timeline is horizontally scrollable). feel free to DM me with more details, perhaps you're running into a bug that I haven't encountered.

I'll see if I can get a screenrecording for you this evening.

Just to clarify, this is within Song Mode and adjusting the length handles after adding numerous sections to timeline. ABCBCDEA etc

• edited May 2023

@cp3

Quick vid sent to DM.

• @cp3 said:

@senhorlampada said:
    ohh... too bad the update is iOS 13 :open_mouth:

ah yeah sorry, I used some stuff from the iOS 13 SDK that saved me a lot of work. didn't realize there were users still on < 13.

No problems. Imagined that could be the case.
    I guess i'm the only ios 12 troll around :lol:
    Gotta invest on a new device until the end of the year (and of course keep my current one with some precious history of older apps)

• This is a great new upgrade to an already great app! It's capable of so many, who knows, maybe an infinite amount of variabilities. Song mode allows building complex but ordered structures. I haven't run into any problems yet although I didn't push the size of the song mode too much yet. Maybe the song mode window could be a bit bigger with more horizontal room. It takes some experimenting to get used to it.

• Can anyone get the midi input “arp” setting to work? When I flick it on, when I go back to settings it reverts to none. I.e. arp mode doesn’t seem to work.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Can anyone get the midi input “arp” setting to work? When I flick it on, when I go back to settings it reverts to none. I.e. arp mode doesn’t seem to work.

I get the same behavior. Bug?

• @StudioES said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Can anyone get the midi input “arp” setting to work? When I flick it on, when I go back to settings it reverts to none. I.e. arp mode doesn’t seem to work.

Hmmm; and here's an odd thing, I opened a saved project in AUM where I had been using Cykle's arp and it was fine there. I can change it on and off; but it stays on arp if I want it to. Then I added a 2nd instance of Cykle and made a test arp and it won't stick; just as you pointed out. So how can that be?

I hope @cp3 sees this.

• @Stochastically said:

@StudioES said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Hmmm; and here's an odd thing, I opened a saved project in AUM where I had been using Cykle's arp and it was fine there. I can change it on and off; but it stays on arp if I want it to. Then I added a 2nd instance of Cykle and made a test arp and it won't stick; just as you pointed out. So how can that be?

I hope @cp3 sees this.

Best to email him directly maybe? Not very active here I think