Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

Comments

• Does Cykle work in landscape view?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Does Cykle work in landscape view?

Yes

• @Pierre118 said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Does Cykle work in landscape view?

Yes

Good stuff. Thanks Pierre!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    One thing I love about the Polyphase app is how many of it's sequencing controls can be MIDI controlled. Setting these up with a custom Launchpad template, is so good.

Is Polyphase comparable to Cykle in terms of features?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@royor said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Can any of Cykle's UI be MIDI learned to be used with a controller?

Nope

Thanks. That's a shame though. It looks like a pretty cool sequencer.

One thing I love about the Polyphase app is how many of it's sequencing controls can be MIDI controlled. Setting these up with a custom Launchpad template, is so good.

I’m guessing that’s a newer Launchpad.. I couldn’t use my mini mk2 could I?

• @royor said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@royor said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Nope

I’m guessing that’s a newer Launchpad.. I couldn’t use my mini mk2 could I?

I believe the custom layouts are for all the new MK3 versions. You could probably put a MIDI processing app script in the middle but it wouldn’t be as easy as it is with the MK3 models.

@michael_m said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Is Polyphase comparable to Cykle in terms of features?

Not having Cykle myself to compare side by side.

Polyphase has an extensive amount of controls, 90% of which are MIDI-mappable. Whether these are comparable in function to Cykle, I couldn’t say for sure.

They both seem to be very capable of Polyrhythms.

• Polyphase is generative, cykle is a step sequencer.

• edited November 2020

@auxmux said:
    Polyphase is generative, cykle is a step sequencer.

Aah, so there is no generative capabilities in Cykle?

Polyphase can be used as a Step sequencer though. Set your steps and turn off the lanes, this prevents those notes changing.

BTW, I'm certainly not pitching these apps against each other. I'm definitely interested in Cykle, it looks cool and I'll likely push the buy button soon. I just happen to already own Polyphase and love it's feature set.

• edited November 2020

@SpookyZoo said:

@royor said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Nope

@cp3 Would this be considered for a future update?

Thanks you guys, you have me motivated. Am puzzled as regards it not actually being Friday afternoon. Will email the dev etc.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@cp3 Would this be considered for a future update?

the snapshots are MIDI controllable (via program change), so you could set up various snapshots and switch between them via MIDI. exposing other MIDI controls would be problematic I think, since the UI is so dynamic.

• cykle is on Black Friday sale (~40% off) from today up until Sunday!

• Im still trying to decide on Cykle. I have Fugue, Rozeta, steppolyarp, atom, Senode, and Xequence. I like cool sequencers that can help make new things from simple settings, but I haven’t seen enough videos to really convince me yet. Anyone wanna try and get me to pick it up?

• (consider my chair pulled up for this too)

Also: it would need to send data to LK, X2, Atom etc for me to record it if I'm to be sold...

• If you like easy generative stuff where you define the rules then it's a no-brainer I think.
    I like to generate melodies with it where say I have a cycle of 5 notes, a cycle of 3 durations and maybe a cycle of 5 velocities. Then I'll just let it run. You can do more complicated stuff with it too, but simple works just fine.

• @cian said:
    If you like easy generative stuff where you define the rules then it's a no-brainer I think.
    I like to generate melodies with it where say I have a cycle of 5 notes, a cycle of 3 durations and maybe a cycle of 5 velocities. Then I'll just let it run. You can do more complicated stuff with it too, but simple works just fine.

Awesome. To me, it seems more like a good way to humanize a sequence, yeah? Can you record a melody into it from another app? I

• edited November 2020

@PeteSasqwax said:
    it would need to send data to LK...

I've just bought Cykle and just tested it in AUM. You can definitely send and record the generated sequence to LK.
    It's a simple but very entertaining little app :smiley:

• Can you send the cykle sequence to record in Xequence 2?

• @Bob said:
    Can you send the cykle sequence to record in Xequence 2?

I don't have X2... but if X2 can receive midi data from "outside", there's no reason for it not to receive Cykle's data 😉

• @Bob said:

Haven’t tried it, but as it can send MIDI to a plug-in in AUM I would imagine you can route it back to Xequence from AUM and capture it.

• @Gratouilli said:

@PeteSasqwax said:
    it would need to send data to LK...

I've just bought Cykle and just tested it in AUM. You can definitely send and record the generated sequence to LK.
    It's a simple but very entertaining little app :smiley:

Brilliant - thank you! I'm sold :smile:

• edited November 2020

EDIT!: Corné has helped me get connected correctly with the standalone MIDI out.

I've not managed to get MIDI out working from Standalone yet. But I have got it working as an AUv3 in AUM

I obviously need to read more of the manual, but setting MIDI destinations in Standalone isn't working as expected atm.

• @slicetwo said:

@cian said:
    If you like easy generative stuff where you define the rules then it's a no-brainer I think.

Awesome. To me, it seems more like a good way to humanize a sequence, yeah? Can you record a melody into it from another app? I

I don't think so, though I've never really tried. It's closer to a step sequencer.

• I just had a play with it since it had been a while. I was reminded of the curious decision that changing the settings in one AUv3 instance affects all instances (eg, starting octave). Unless I'm missing something?

• edited November 2020

EDITED!:

Corné helped with my MIDI out issue from Standalone. Screenshot on next page

• @Bob said:

Yes... that's the way I roll... Standalone both of them. But you can use AB or AUM or ApeMatrix too

• @SpookyZoo said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I've not managed to get MIDI out working from Standalone yet. But I have got it working as an AUv3 in AUM

I obviously need to read more of the manual, but setting MIDI destinations in Standalone isn't working as expected atm.

Even MIDIFire is not seeing any MIDI data from Cykle.

Glad I'm not the only one having problems with stand alone.

• edited November 2020

@PeteSasqwax said:
    (consider my chair pulled up for this too)

Also: it would need to send data to LK, X2, Atom etc for me to record it if I'm to be sold...

What is LK the abbreviation for? Novation LaunchKey? Typically I can figure those out, but you've stumped this chump with that one.

• edited November 2020

EDITED!:

Corné helped with my MIDI out issue from Standalone. Screenshot on next page

• @kidslow said:
    What is LK the abbreviation for? Typically I can figure those out, but you've stumped this chump with that one.

I think it was initially Live Kontrol but it's literally just called LK now as far as I understand it.

• edited November 2020

Ok, not even an abbreviation. I found it. Thanks.