Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS13 - public version - 3 fingers gesture bug

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

That annoying 3 fingers gesture popup is back in iOS13 public version. All music apps are affected. Do not install !!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2019/09/20/ios-13-fortnite-pubg-bug/amp/

Comments

• @dendy @Pierre118 @Faland How are you going to report it?

In the meantime, learn how to do four finger chords! Bass and a triad!

• from that article above... so best is wait with that update till 13.1 will be dropped ..

In iOS 13.1, the triple-finger gesture will be enabled only in contexts where it makes sense — i.e., when an editable text view is in focus. iOS 13.1 also allows app developers to customize when and where the text-editing productivity gestures are active.

• edited September 2019

Doesn't seem to affect Xequence's keyboard. But maybe I'm doing it wrong 😂

• edited September 2019

Imteresting...

Is it WKWebView with some smart way of catching touch events ? "return false" in touch listener does trick ?

Lools like this is only one known app not affected by that bug, including apple's own native apps :lol:

• I can't go into too many implementation details, but of course, EVERYTHING in Xequence is "smart"! We're Seven Systems. Bugs are futile 😉

• Oh. I managed to invoke the popup now... it only happens if the keyboard is set to scroll (not in glide or locked mode). Interesting!

• edited September 2019

@mjcouche said:
    @dendy @Pierre118 @Faland How are you going to report it?

In the meantime, learn how to do four finger chords! Bass and a triad!

My iPad is running 13.1 Beta 4 Developer. No 3-finger problem is this version. Wait for next week when iPadOS 13.1 is being released. Apple knows the problem on iPadOS 13.0, It will be solved.

Look here too : https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34846/13-1-is-dropping-early#latest

• Right - we are talking iPhone though...different OS now

• @mjcouche said:
    Right - we are talking iPhone though...different OS now

iPhone IOS 13.1 next week, just like iPadOs. Will be solved on both versions.

• edited September 2019

Cool thank you. Here’s hoping it also fixes the Animoog GUI issue

• @Pierre118 said:

@mjcouche said:

It’s not fixed properly.In Cubasis an other apps it works great but in GarageBand if you use 3 fingers it still brings up the copy paste menu

• @Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

@mjcouche said:

It’s not fixed properly.In Cubasis an other apps it works great but in GarageBand if you use 3 fingers it still brings up the copy paste menu

you mean on PadOS ? In current PadOs beta 13.1 everything ok even in Garage Band

• @dendy said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

@mjcouche said:

you mean on PadOS ? In current PadOs beta 13.1 everything ok even in Garage Band

Definitely not okay. The issue quickly comes back once you add an AUv3 that has textual views. I’ve triggered it in other random ways too.

I expect the GarageBand team will release an update shortly after 13.1 drops that will allow them to more deliberately suppress this gesture.

• @SevenSystems so glad I have this app! Awesome to have gesture free keys right now. The alternative is infuriating so thank you for making a great app in the Xequence AU keyboard!

• @mjcouche said:
    @SevenSystems so glad I have this app! Awesome to have gesture free keys right now. The alternative is infuriating so thank you for making a great app in the Xequence AU keyboard!

No problem! As I said, the problem only exists if you have neither glide nor lock enabled. Fixing it for "scroll" mode will be a bit more complicated, but I'm on it.

• Fixing it for "scroll" mode will be a bit more complicated, but I'm on it.

why ? It will be fixed by Apple in upcoming 13.1 update (3 days from now) anyway.. wasting of time in my opinion :)

• @dendy said:

Fixing it for "scroll" mode will be a bit more complicated, but I'm on it.

why ? It will be fixed by Apple in upcoming 13.1 update (3 days from now) anyway.. wasting of time in my opinion :)

Of course! 🤪

• 13.0 is effectively a beta.

Wait for 13.1 or better still 13.2. Which is reportedly coming soon and should bring iCloud document sharing which was supposed to ship with 13.0.

Only install the betas if you’re happy to put up with this kind of issue.

@Paa89 said:

.., in GarageBand if you use 3 fingers it still brings up the copy paste menu

I would hope that it does in the correct context. I’d want to be able to paste clips into the arrange and edit windows with the new gesture.

• edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    So disabling gestures or some other iOS setting won't fix it?
    Is it up to Apple to fix or each dev?
    Is it fixed in 13.2 beta? Thanks.
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/121034

It’s been fixed already with 13.1 public release