Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 13 -- how to turn off spell checking?

edited September 2019 in Other

The red squiggly lines are back and now more invasive than ever -- while they only appeared in Safari since iOS 12, they're to my great shock and dismay now EVERYWHERE, which makes my phone essentially a horror to use.

How in God's name can this bullshit be turned off?

(I almost said "sorry for the language" but in all seriousness, this is just terribly distracting and also an insult, because I KNOW how to spell and don't like a 100% stupid machine thinking it's smarter than me!)

(every option in "Settings" that has "spell" or "correct" in its label is already turned off)

Comments

• edited September 2019

Type "Xequence2" and the annoying dots will disappear :D

• You can make a new contact called Mr Xequence. This will stop xequence being underlined. Not ideal but a workaround nonetheless.

• Lol, that's because Xequence it's not a correctly spelled word ;)

At least on macOS there is a 'Learn Spelling' (right click on the word). There should be something similar in iOS too...
    In iOS usually the words In quotes and tapping on it makes iOS learn it. (At least that works when using the quick type suggestions). It even remembers the spelling next time you start to type it and makes it fast to autocomplete it.

• @Samu said:
    Lol, that's because Xequence it's not a correctly spelled word ;)

At least on macOS there is a 'Learn Spelling' (right click on the word). There should be something similar in iOS too...
    In iOS usually the words In quotes and tapping on it makes iOS learn it. (At least that works when using the quick type suggestions). It even remembers the spelling next time you start to type it and makes it fast to autocomplete it.

Have been trying, and where you can learn the word it still insists on putting the red dots...

• Xeven Xystems, my heartfelt Xmpathy!

• edited September 2019

Working fine for me, IOS 12.3.1 and IOS 13
    Settings -> Keyboards-> Check Spelling -> OFF works for me.

EDIT: I just checked again and you are right, there are some cases where it doesn’t work, like the body text of an email shown in your picture. Weird!

• The annoying thing in iOS 12 is it will highlight the unfound word if we go back to it and won’t let us accept it and continue typing past it - we have to retype it all over. They broke it. Also if we correct a word it keeps suggesting the previous word plus newly typed text suggesting a long meaningless word at times. Not sure why it is taking so long for them to realize these new annoying issues and fix them.

• @MobileMusic said:
    The annoying thing in iOS 12 is it will highlight the unfound word if we go back to it and won’t let us accept it and continue typing past it - we have to retype it all over. They broke it. Also if we correct a word it keeps suggesting the previous word plus newly typed text suggesting a long meaningless word at times. Not sure why it is taking so long for them to realize these new annoying issues and fix them.

I'm really sorry if I come over as overly picky, but I simply don't want or need to have random (and totally correct!) words "decorated" by distracting lines. Even if you don't realize, you will be slowed down and distracted as well by it, subconsciously. And regarding the "You can teach iOS 'Xequence' and it'll stop underlining it" argument (which doesn't work btw!) -- I don't want to be forced to errr, "take care" of my Gadgets like little retarded pets... why can't such a thing just be turned off?

And yeah, it's been like this since iOS 12.1 and apparently, not a lot of people care and Apple might not even be aware of it.

It used to only affect Safari and anything that uses a WKWebView -- now it also affects Mail (the ONE OTHER app where I constantly write a lot), so I'm guessing Apple has internally switched to WKWebView as well for the compose view.

Not trying to be annoying, but I really do seek a solution for it if anyone found one, and I maintain it's a rather annoying issue that needs attention 🙂

• Xequence > @SevenSystems said:

Not trying to be annoying, but I really do seek a solution for it if anyone found one, and I maintain it's a rather annoying issue that needs attention 🙂

Take part in the iOS beta-program and spill your guts to Apple :D
    I don't even see the dotted lines as a 'problem' since I'm dyslectic and need all the typing aid I can get...

It's the same is true when 'wrong language' is selected and one needs to use the globe to switch to correct language (that is when the language detection fails). I guess there's a jailbreak to replace the dotted lines graphics with nothing...

• @SevenSystems

Hm, maybe try to rename your app to "Sequence" ? :trollface:

• Goddamnit I just hit install iOS 13 on my phone. This is awful news and will drive me crazy. I can't fuckin stand auto correct or spell check. Former spelling bee champion here.

• @dendy said:
    @SevenSystems

Hm, maybe try to rename your app to "Sequence" ? :trollface:

OK, but what about this?

"Joe's Studio"? 😉

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019

@StudioES Thanks for the suggestion, that's an interesting one 🙂 Still, I don't want to spend lots of time teaching a machine my favourite words. That's for when I some day have kids, maybe 😉

• @SevenSystems Feel your anger. Now and then I react at a soccer forum of my favorite club which almost undoable. After hitting 'Enter' the text suddenly changes a lot of times. (Using 12.x up to now).