Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s not Forget about BeatHawk

1235»

Comments

• @Sylvain said:

@Paulo164 said:
    Did anybody notice that a new expansion pack « Studio grand » is available ?
    Based on UVI’s « Austrian grand » for desktop. So Bösendorfer piano.

I did. Have you tried ? I have many piano apps, so I could only justify 10 extra dollars only if this is outstanding ! Not sure how to compare the desktop and the IOS BeatHawk version of this piano.

No, I haven’t tried. Same as you, I already have a lot of pianos - including Ravenscroft - and don’t want to risk 10€ just to have something just okay. I don’t think this one handles string resonance as Ravenscroft does but I would be interested to have a demo anyway.

• Studio Piano is not showing up in my BeatHawk anyway so that’s $10 saved ;)

• @Paulo164 said:

@Sylvain said:

@Paulo164 said:
    Did anybody notice that a new expansion pack « Studio grand » is available ?
    Based on UVI’s « Austrian grand » for desktop. So Bösendorfer piano.

I did. Have you tried ? I have many piano apps, so I could only justify 10 extra dollars only if this is outstanding ! Not sure how to compare the desktop and the IOS BeatHawk version of this piano.

No, I haven’t tried. Same as you, I already have a lot of pianos - including Ravenscroft - and don’t want to risk 10€ just to have something just okay. I don’t think this one handles string resonance as Ravenscroft does but I would be interested to have a demo anyway.

In case you haven’t seen, UVI has a demo on Soundcloud.

• Well well I di buy it. I even did a quick and dirty video while unboxing the instrument pack, a walk through piano sounds :

• @Sylvain said:
    Well well I di buy it. I even did a quick and dirty video while unboxing the instrument pack, a walk through piano sounds :

Thanks a lot ! And nice playing.

If you don’t mind :

• how long does the lowest note last ? I measured almost 1’30” on Ravenscroft.
    • can you hear string resonance or pedal resonance ?

Thanks again

• @Sylvain said:
    Well well I di buy it. I even did a quick and dirty video while unboxing the instrument pack, a walk through piano sounds :

Nice demo, the pianos sound great.

• edited September 2022

I've honestly 'forgotten' BeatHawk due the lack of being able to adjust/edit the sounds and severely sub-par sampling capabilities. The sounds are nice but the lack of editing and tweaking makes the whole experience feel a bit meh...

• I’ve been waiting this whole time for the big update that hasn’t come yet. Love beathawk and it’s perfect for what it does but seems like it can be so much more. Great sound generator and can make some great stuff in it.

Even if it just added one of them top synths to would be too notch

Seems like koala has the perfect idea to add a paid upgrade for it and I’ll happily pay for it!

• @stormywaterz said:
    I’ve been waiting this whole time for the big update that hasn’t come yet. Love beathawk and it’s perfect for what it does but seems like it can be so much more. Great sound generator and can make some great stuff in it.

Even if it just added one of them top synths to would be too notch

Seems like koala has the perfect idea to add a paid upgrade for it and I’ll happily pay for it!

I have been waiting also.. Can’t imagine what they are going to improve..

• @Sylvain said:
    I wish BeatHawk AU could have Multi output, so I could mix individual instruments in AUM or loopy-pro.

+1

• Can’t you just load multiple instances of BH?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @GeoTony said:
    Can’t you just load multiple instances of BH?

Yes, but then you loose the sequencer, pattern + song mode.

• Understood @Sylvain 😊

• Where the hell is Trip Hop for purchase in beathawk? Also, I bought many IAP preset thinking I would get something easy to jam with. seems you need to load every loop synth sample into a different pad manually. I've probably misunderstood how it works

• @HeavyWater said:
    Where the hell is Trip Hop for purchase in beathawk? Also, I bought many IAP preset thinking I would get something easy to jam with. seems you need to load every loop synth sample into a different pad manually. I've probably misunderstood how it works

Constructon Kit, Preset, I don't know what they mean

• @HeavyWater said:
    Where the hell is Trip Hop for purchase in beathawk? Also, I bought many IAP preset thinking I would get something easy to jam with. seems you need to load every loop synth sample into a different pad manually. I've probably misunderstood how it works

I don’t remember seeing a TripHop pack announced for Beathawk. Did UVI announce one and then not offer it or something?

Also when loading in the synth samples did you click the pitch pad to bring up the keyboard so you can play the samples chromatically? Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to do? If it’s individual samples then yes you’ll have to load the to each pad manually the first time like with most other samplers.

• @HotStrange said:

@HeavyWater said:

I don’t remember seeing a TripHop pack announced for Beathawk. Did UVI announce one and then not offer it or something?

Also when loading in the synth samples did you click the pitch pad to bring up the keyboard so you can play the samples chromatically? Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to do? If it’s individual samples then yes you’ll have to load the to each pad manually the first time like with most other samplers.

I got samples to load chromatically, keyboard pitch works okay, if tempo is close it works stretching decent. What I was looking for was I guess a preset selector. Where the pads are all laid out for you

• @HeavyWater said:

@HotStrange said:

@HeavyWater said:

I got samples to load chromatically, keyboard pitch works okay, if tempo is close it works stretching decent. What I was looking for was I guess a preset selector. Where the pads are all laid out for you

Once you make your own you can save that and recall the kit, but you will have to build your own first I believe.

That said it’s fairly simple. When you’re in the sample selector screen just click the little squares in the top right, load sample to that pad, click the next and load again, and so on and so on. Pretty painless.

• @HotStrange said:

@HeavyWater said:

@HotStrange said:

@HeavyWater said:

Once you make your own you can save that and recall the kit, but you will have to build your own first I believe.

That said it’s fairly simple. When you’re in the sample selector screen just click the little squares in the top right, load sample to that pad, click the next and load again, and so on and so on. Pretty painless.

I can see now you can play those samples up in the top right when loading, making testing easier. Fantastic you can mix between soundpacks. I just thought I could load up say "India" IAP have everything pads tabla and those kinda beats, unless i missed it

• @HeavyWater said:

@HotStrange said:

@HeavyWater said:

@HotStrange said:

@HeavyWater said:

I can see now you can play those samples up in the top right when loading, making testing easier. Fantastic you can mix between soundpacks. I just thought I could load up say "India" IAP have everything pads tabla and those kinda beats, unless i missed it

As far as i know you can’t. The only way is to kinda make it yourself but hey at least after that you only have to load it up lol 🤷🏻‍♂️ not the most convenient probably but i think the mixing and matching idea took precedent.