Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s not Forget about BeatHawk

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    If I use Beathawk in AUM, is there a way to record an AUv3 in Beathawk? When I create a loop in BH, I only can record instruments that are in BH, but I don't know how to record, let's say my Moog Model D or any others Auv3.

Are you wanting to record MIDI or audio?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    If I use Beathawk in AUM, is there a way to record an AUv3 in Beathawk? When I create a loop in BH, I only can record instruments that are in BH, but I don't know how to record, let's say my Moog Model D or any others Auv3.

Audio

• @Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

BeatHawk AU doesn't have sampling...only the standalone can record.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

I will use Drambo then! Thank you!

• @gusgranite said:
    IAPs on sale. Just picked up a couple (2K Hiphop and Gamelan)

You sure? I'm considering Total Bass, but it's still $7.99.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@gusgranite said:

The post is old! (April 1rst)

• @Montreal_Music said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gusgranite said:

The post is old! (April 1rst)

Gah! I thought I checked the date, but you are correct.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

Drambo = the solution for everything. 🤣

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gusgranite said:

I think it was @LinearLineman who uses Total Bass in many of his amazing productions. So definitely worth whatever it costs these days. :)

• edited September 2021

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

While Drambo is the answer to all of life’s questions, what about Koala Sampler, now that it’s AUv3?

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

While Drambo is the answer to all of life’s questions, what about Koala Sampler, now that it’s AUv3?

Agreed.

• edited September 2021

@seonnthaproducer said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

Good idea, but I'm not sure how to record an external app in Koala. Can I record channel 2 or 3 of AUM in Koala if Koala is on channel 1?

• edited September 2021

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gusgranite said:

I think it was @LinearLineman who uses Total Bass in many of his amazing productions. So definitely worth whatever it costs these days. :)

BeatHawk Total bass is the closest to an acoustic, IMO. BASSalicious and iFretless Bass also very good.

Here’s a good example… Doublebass preset, I believe

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47181/quaalude-and-fugue-flowtones#latest

• @LinearLineman said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gusgranite said:

BeatHawk Total bass is the closest to an acoustic, IMO. BASSalicious and iFretless Bass also very good.

Here’s a good example… Doublebass preset, I believe

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47181/quaalude-and-fugue-flowtones#latest

Yeah, that sounds really great. Thanks.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

Good idea, but I'm not sure how to record an external app in Koala. Can I record channel 2 or 3 of AUM in Koala if Koala is on channel 1?

Put Koala in an effect node and the send the audio you want to record through it. If you are going to be recording from multiple sources, add a bus send node to their channels and put Koala on a channel that is fed by that mix bus.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Audio

Put Koala in an effect node and the send the audio you want to record through it. If you are going to be recording from multiple sources, add a bus send node to their channels and put Koala on a channel that is fed by that mix bus.

I love this forum. Thank you.

• @rs2000 said:
    Does anyone know how to add MIDI Program Change messages in the BeatHawk sequencer?
    I see Bank Select CCs but not Program Change which is kinda weird.

I’d like to know too. Would be nice to sequence multi-timbral hardware alongside the BH instruments. Can’t find PC messages in Drambo or BM3 either:(

• @onkey said:

@rs2000 said:
    Does anyone know how to add MIDI Program Change messages in the BeatHawk sequencer?

I’d like to know too. Would be nice to sequence multi-timbral hardware alongside the BH instruments. Can’t find PC messages in Drambo or BM3 either:(

For Drambo with external apps (not AUv3 hosted in Drambo), you could send a selected CC to a StreamByter script that would convert it to PC. Might work for the others as well.

• @uncledave said:

@onkey said:

@rs2000 said:

For Drambo with external apps (not AUv3 hosted in Drambo), you could send a selected CC to a StreamByter script that would convert it to PC. Might work for the others as well.

Here's a little SB script that will convert a note message into a PC message:

90 XX = C0 XX
    80 XX = 80 +B

BTW: A native PC module is already under development.

• Thanks @uncledave and @rs2000. Good to know PC is coming to Drambo!

• September 29 was the last time someone remembered.

• Let’s not forget to ask uvi to add multi out

• BeatHawk and its sound packs are on sale now through tomorrow.

• Can someone please help me figure out how the kits are organized? Just bought it for acoustic drums.
    The "Drum Kits" folder contains multisampled drums. There's one "Acoustic Drums" kit that can only be played in the pitch mode and lacks snare, and there are separate kits for different drums, but the bass drum kit is really weak. So it looks like I have to combine the "Acoustic Drums" kit in pitch mode with the rest in pad mode, otherwise either I have no snare (if I only use this kit in pitch mode) or my kick sounds like it's played by a sleepy baby (if I only use single drum kits in pad mode).

• Probably same reason I don't use it. Wish it was easier but it may have to do with the Midi in setup.

@alexwasashrimp said:
    Can someone please help me figure out how the kits are organized? Just bought it for acoustic drums.
    The "Drum Kits" folder contains multisampled drums. There's one "Acoustic Drums" kit that can only be played in the pitch mode and lacks snare, and there are separate kits for different drums, but the bass drum kit is really weak. So it looks like I have to combine the "Acoustic Drums" kit in pitch mode with the rest in pad mode, otherwise either I have no snare (if I only use this kit in pitch mode) or my kick sounds like it's played by a sleepy baby (if I only use single drum kits in pad mode).

• edited August 2022

@alexwasashrimp said:
    Can someone please help me figure out how the kits are organized? Just bought it for acoustic drums.

That kit has several snares. Change the octave on the keyboard and explore the full range of pitches.

• @espiegel123 said:

@alexwasashrimp said:

That kit has several snares. Change the octave on the keyboard and explore the full range of pitches.

Thanks! Didn't have the idea.
    Turns out, the "Acoustic Drums" kit goes from A0 to C3.
    Now that I've paid more attention to it though, I've found that the kicks in it (B0/C1) are just as weak.
    Plus it's not possible to set up choke groups, so either everything belongs to one choke group and the kick chokes the crash, or there are no choke groups and the open hi-hat isn't choked by the closed hi-hat.

• Did anybody notice that a new expansion pack « Studio grand » is available ?
    Based on UVI’s « Austrian grand » for desktop. So Bösendorfer piano.

• @Paulo164 said:
    Did anybody notice that a new expansion pack « Studio grand » is available ?
    Based on UVI’s « Austrian grand » for desktop. So Bösendorfer piano.

I did. Have you tried ? I have many piano apps, so I could only justify 10 extra dollars only if this is outstanding ! Not sure how to compare the desktop and the IOS BeatHawk version of this piano.

• I wish BeatHawk AU could have Multi output, so I could mix individual instruments in AUM or loopy-pro.