Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fruits of the forum: DigiStix generative beat

https://soundcloud.com/irena-svetlovska/generative-beat

Sonic experiment: using free, cheap or on sale apps which have been mentioned on the Audiobus forum in the last few weeks. Based on a basic one bar drum pattern (snare, bass and hi hat) created in 4pockets DigiStix in AUM using the default kit, beats pitch and effects automatically sequenced by Bram Bos LFOs. FX used: K-Devices Shaper, Audio Damage Dubstation 2 and Replicant, Blamsoft Zero Reverb. Once I set it running, it keeps ‘improvising’ without repetition until I turn it off. No manual intervention.

Comments

• Nice! I’m gonna have to try something along these lines because this is great fun.

• Like it nice sound and glitches

• @Janosax said:
    Like it nice sound and glitches

Talking of glitches I see the Glitchbreaks dev is developing a new glitch AU.

• Loved that!

• Great job man!! Would of listened to this and thought their were pattern changes and improv, so to hear you set / routed this all up with iOS midi apps is amazing! Again, great work

• Thank you all :)

• Yes very cool! Holds interest for me, just needs to morph into a B part and back for a complete track.
    If you will pardon my curiosity, which app is making those choice fart sounds? Like at 0:58 and 1:21? Seems I recall there being an app for that...

• edited September 2019

@audiorangutan : Ha! The fart noises are kind of the unintended consequences of two randomisations occurring at the same time - a Rozeta LFO sweeping the ‘semitone’ Pitch settings on the drums on the DigiStix at the same time as Replicant has grabbed and glitched a beat. Result: fart noises! :) This is the risk of leaving everything to chance once the pattern is running. I obviously need to refine the method a little...

• Atmospheric... needs a voiceover like Michael Hansen did for Mindwebs... search YouTube for that iconic sci-fi radio show.

• @LinearLineman : never heard of that show. I’ll check it out.

• Too old for you... out of Wisconsin U in the sixties. Great reader. Seriously, you could read some Poe or Lovecraft over your stuff.