Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack Patch Share

124»

Comments

• miRack is now on Patchstorage, see here for several important notes - https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/700974/#Comment_700974

• @mifki I’m able to download patches made by users from patch storage after unzipping the folder. I assume it’s the .vcv extension that’s the patch. However I’m having trouble saving the file / patch if I add to it or change its name as soon as I close MiRack the patch disappears.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @mifki I’m able to download patches made by users from patch storage after unzipping the folder. I assume it’s the .vcv extension that’s the patch. However I’m having trouble saving the file / patch if I add to it or change its name as soon as I close MiRack the patch disappears.

Have you used the Files app to search for the missing patches? You can end up with a situation where you have miRack files in the iCloud Drive location as well as in the On My iPad location.

• @InfoCheck said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @mifki I’m able to download patches made by users from patch storage after unzipping the folder. I assume it’s the .vcv extension that’s the patch. However I’m having trouble saving the file / patch if I add to it or change its name as soon as I close MiRack the patch disappears.

Have you used the Files app to search for the missing patches? You can end up with a situation where you have miRack files in the iCloud Drive location as well as in the On My iPad location.

@InfoCheck
    I tried with cloud on and saved locally still not showing up. I’m on the beta so maybe that.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@InfoCheck
    I tried with cloud on and saved locally still not showing up. I’m on the beta so maybe that.

Have you moved the patch into the folder where miRack patches live?

• edited October 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@InfoCheck

You need the whole folder and its contents not just the patch.vcv file.

1. Download the zipped files from patch storage and save them to a different location such as AudioShare
    2. Unzip the file
    3. Use the files app to move the folder to the miRack location on your iPad.
    4. Go into the miRack app and open the patch.
    5. You can then delete or leave the patches in AudioShare as a backup.
  • edited October 2019

In the Files app, the miRack patches look like an icon of the patch. In AudioShare you can see it’s a folder containing three files:
    1. info.plist
    2. patch.vcv
    3. preview.png

• Thanks everyone will give it a go.

• i’m trying to email someone a mirack project but they can’t open it, it’s just a blank rack when they open...should i zip the mrk file?

• also is there a way to have aum start the play on mirack??

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

@reasOne said:
    also is there a way to have aum start the play on mirack??

You can keep play on, but connect the clock output from a midi in module to any clock input. Then tell AUM to send midi clock to miRack Input.

(** Tip: if you double-tap the midi in module, you can set the CLK 1 and CLK2 rates to different beat divisions ... I never noticed that one before. )

• https://patchstorage.com/moog-mother-32/

This is the Mirack version of the VCV Rack patch built by Omri Cohen in his Let’s Build the Moog Mother-32 so I can’t take any credit (although if I haven’t copied it accurately that one’s on me).

I wasn’t able to label the patch itself as you can in VCV Rack (let me know if you can and I missed it) but if you play with the different triggers and the filter you’ll get the hang of it.

I’ve hooked it up to the Phrase-32-Seq sequencer as it’s the closest MiRack module to the Mother 32 sequencer but you can use whatever midi source you want.