Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack Patch Share

Comments

• Thank you!

@rs2000 said:
    Here's some simple physical modeling fun:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jy0f6q4vy2tfqg/Phyzac2.zip?dl=0

• @oat_phipps said:

Would gladly take a look, but it only crashes for me.

😕

Sorry about that.
    I tried re-downloading but for whatever reason didn’t get an Audioshare option ( which has been the only that has worked for me with the other presets ) only the option to open in miRack, which just crashed the app.

• @Paul16 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Would gladly take a look, but it only crashes for me.

😕

Sorry about that.
    I tried re-downloading but for whatever reason didn’t get an Audioshare option ( which has been the only that has worked for me with the other presets ) only the option to open in miRack, which just crashed the app.

The best option is to zip the preset first before sharing. Then it works ok.

• edited September 2019
  • Thanks! Actually it would awesome to have visuals of the patches you're all creating too. #patchcables

• @auxmux said:
    Thanks! Actually it would awesome to have visuals of the patches you're all creating too. #patchcables

Did the zipped one work ? Not sure what I’ve done wrong in the upload process.

• @Paul16 said:

@auxmux said:
    Thanks! Actually it would awesome to have visuals of the patches you're all creating too. #patchcables

...or the cabling process 🤭

• @Paul16 said:

@auxmux said:

No, not working here.

• edited September 2019

@Paul16 said:

@auxmux said:

It does work if you unzip, rename the extracted .mrk file to zip and unzip again ;)

• edited September 2019

New one I’ve been messing around with this morning.
    Lead, Bass and Drums.

https://dropbox.com/s/9g67x45aj9bnodk/Sayghightu.zip?dl=0

• @_mwallace said:
    Lead, Bass and Drums.

Great one! And a creative use of GRID SEQ, well done.
    My personal #1 Drambo alternative ;)

• @rs2000 said:

Thanks! Need to figure out a way to keep it in scale when tweaking the VCO frequencies, but pretty cool otherwise. Maybe changing the routing of GRID SEQ in some way.

• @_mwallace said:

@rs2000 said:

Thanks! Need to figure out a way to keep it in scale when tweaking the VCO frequencies, but pretty cool otherwise.

Add Module > Tags > Quantizer > Quantum.

• @rs2000 said:
    Add Module > Tags > Quantizer > Quantum.

Nice! Thanks

• Several news about patch sharing:

iOS13 / iPadOS can zip/unzip, so this can be used for sharing without need of additional apps to unzip the downloaded file or zip to upload.

miRack version 1.03 now can open zipped patches that still have .mrk extension (this happens when you email, upload to Dropbox, etc.).

After additional testing I'll likely move to zipped format from the current folder-based format to make life even easier.

• @mifki said:
    Several news about patch sharing:

iOS13 / iPadOS can zip/unzip, so this can be used for sharing without need of additional apps to unzip the downloaded file or zip to upload.

miRack version 1.03 now can open zipped patches that still have .mrk extension (this happens when you email, upload to Dropbox, etc.).

After additional testing I'll likely move to zipped format from the current folder-based format to make life even easier.

Thank you, great additions in this update.
    Would it be difficult to allow displayed text input to modules like blank - to be used as separators, notes, descriptions - or like mixer channel naming?

• @recccp said:
    Would it be difficult to allow displayed text input to modules like blank - to be used as separators, notes, descriptions - or like mixer channel naming?

Yeah it's a bit difficult because the framework used for the rack UI doesn't have any support for text input on iOS. I'm planning to make it possible to add notes attached to modules, controls and ports - this will be like on top of the modules, and also probably will add a module that shows text inside itself.

• @mifki said:

@recccp said:

Yeah it's a bit difficult because the framework used for the rack UI doesn't have any support for text input on iOS. I'm planning to make it possible to add notes attached to modules, controls and ports - this will be like on top of the modules, and also probably will add a module that shows text inside itself.

👍
    Sounds good! Thanks

• @_mwallace said:
    Lead, Bass and Drums.

Great job !!

• @Trueyorky said:

@_mwallace said:
    Lead, Bass and Drums.

Great job !!

Thanks!! After posting that one I did a variation incorporating the Quantum module (recommended by @rs2000) and it’s definitely better with the frequency adjustments.. but now that project seems to have gone missing.

• Finally got around to trying your patch @_mwallace. Excellent, thanks for sharing!

• edited October 2019

Nice little journey in to squeakville. Bit of fm, adjust the envelope sliders and clock speed to get more variation .... (first time patch poster, let me know if its ok plz)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjtwjmtewbajqri/Fnordlord.zip?dl=0

• What witchery is this?
    Thanks @Richtowns it unzips and loads without a hitch 👍🏼

@Richtowns said:
    Nice little journey in to squeakville. Bit of fm, adjust the envelope sliders and clock speed to get more variation .... (first time patch poster, let me know if its ok plz)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjtwjmtewbajqri/Fnordlord.zip?dl=0

• Beginners luck! Glad it worked 4u @Kandavu
    Fwiw I actually used the files app to ‘compress’ it then just moved it to the public area on dropbox and shared the link. Hey presto!

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/058k7jdxmkggbm4/HandClaps01_NWC.zip?dl=0

Here’s a fairly simple Hand Clap patch synthesized with Noise generators. It’s not the most intuitive design, but this is my first submission, after all. EG4 is primarily responsible for the length of the clap decay and you can adjust the amplitude of the four transients that make up the sound with the VCAs or mixer at the top (the mixer also leaves aux sends open for you to put your own FX). And finally, you can create your own pattern with the externally-controlled clock at the bottom.

• Hi, I hope this has not been addressed yet. I need more presets to start from.... I am learning and making from scratch but desire some good old fun fun.... So on my iPad I would try and open dropbox file in MIrack? ios 13 iPad 4. Thanks and one idea is that swap meet thing in the other modular app 'analog kit' which is underrated and lost... The swap meet was really easy uploads and downloads from users.... Peace

• Hey, so That last dropbox worked! Hooray and sick arp 700! Can we use VCV Rack files or is mi rack different... I see there are tons of pre made vcv modules and some for sale but a lot free. I wonder if we can figure that out? Cheers!

• Mirack is a port of an older version of vcv rack, i would imagine there will be some issues with using vcv rack files depending on version number and which modules are available/allowed to be used on mirack. Interesting if that could be done though 👍

• Oops. Sorry I read more.... My bad, hope vcv and mi rack are chill. I thought same company... anyway the dropbox is working perfectly whatever you are all doing!

• is there a manual? thanks