Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordPolyPAD: MIDI LEARN?

Is there a way in CHORDPOLYPAD to pick one of the squares(chords) and assign a single note from a keyboard?

How so?

Comments

  • Not sure what you mean. Each pad can play as many or as few notes as you want.

  • edited September 2019

    @yowza said:
    Not sure what you mean. Each pad can play as many or as few notes as you want.

    I want to use a midi keyboard to hit 1 key(button/note) and trigger a CHORD POLY PAD chord pad that plays a chord(MIDI OUT).(likely on another app)

    ONE TOUCH CHORD PLAY VIA A MIDI DEVICE...that is it! LOL

  • Yes there is, this is from the manual:

    So in my setup below, C2 will play the first pad, C#2 the next...

  • @White said:
    Yes there is, this is from the manual:

    So in my setup below, C2 will play the first pad, C#2 the next...

    thank you for using your time and energy to help me.

  • Stella work Mister @White.....

  • In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

  • @kevin627 said:
    In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

    Yes, you can select programs by sending it MIDI Program Change messages.
    In order for that to work, you have to give your programs names beginning with a syntax like "#001" .. "#127" so you can freel ychoose which programs to map by giving them appropriate names.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @kevin627 said:
    In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

    Yes, you can select programs by sending it MIDI Program Change messages.
    In order for that to work, you have to give your programs names beginning with a syntax like "#001" .. "#127" so you can freel ychoose which programs to map by giving them appropriate names.

    Thanks for replying! I should have asked more clearly. I know that ChordPolyPad can change patches based on program change messages.

    What I'm wondering is, can I press a button on my BlueBoard midi controller (sends CC messages) to advance through a progression of chords, one-by-one, pressing the button each time to advance.

    What I want to do is program the chord progression of a song in advance, then use my MIDI foot controller to advance through the progression chord-by-chord, pressing the button to change to the next chord each time. For live performance.

  • CPP doesn’t have MIDI learn but you can trigger each chord pad from MIDI notes so if your MIDI pedal can send notes you may be able to do what you want. CPP manual is here https://dev.laurentcolson.com/medias/chordpolypad/ChordPolyPad.pdf

  • @RUST( i )K said:
    Is there a way in CHORDPOLYPAD to pick one of the squares(chords) and assign a single note from a keyboard?

    How so?

    Dreamfoot can do what you are asking to do and is optimized for blueboard

  • wimwim
    edited April 25

    @kevin627 said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @kevin627 said:
    In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

    Yes, you can select programs by sending it MIDI Program Change messages.
    In order for that to work, you have to give your programs names beginning with a syntax like "#001" .. "#127" so you can freel ychoose which programs to map by giving them appropriate names.

    Thanks for replying! I should have asked more clearly. I know that ChordPolyPad can change patches based on program change messages.

    What I'm wondering is, can I press a button on my BlueBoard midi controller (sends CC messages) to advance through a progression of chords, one-by-one, pressing the button each time to advance.

    What I want to do is program the chord progression of a song in advance, then use my MIDI foot controller to advance through the progression chord-by-chord, pressing the button to change to the next chord each time. For live performance.

    Navichord can do this, and has midi learn.

    [Edit - Well, at least it has the options, and I was able to map the BlueBoard to them. I'm not sure how to make it work though, since when I press play in Navichord it just progresses through all the chords and doesn't loop on them, so ... I'm not sure.]

    [Edit 2 - ahh OK, here’s a video that shows how to do it.]

  • edited April 26

    @wim said:

    @kevin627 said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @kevin627 said:
    In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

    Yes, you can select programs by sending it MIDI Program Change messages.
    In order for that to work, you have to give your programs names beginning with a syntax like "#001" .. "#127" so you can freel ychoose which programs to map by giving them appropriate names.

    Thanks for replying! I should have asked more clearly. I know that ChordPolyPad can change patches based on program change messages.

    What I'm wondering is, can I press a button on my BlueBoard midi controller (sends CC messages) to advance through a progression of chords, one-by-one, pressing the button each time to advance.

    What I want to do is program the chord progression of a song in advance, then use my MIDI foot controller to advance through the progression chord-by-chord, pressing the button to change to the next chord each time. For live performance.

    Navichord can do this, and has midi learn.

    [Edit - Well, at least it has the options, and I was able to map the BlueBoard to them. I'm not sure how to make it work though, since when I press play in Navichord it just progresses through all the chords and doesn't loop on them, so ... I'm not sure.]

    [Edit 2 - ahh OK, here’s a video that shows how to do it.]

    Hi @wim thanks for the reply. So here is my dilemma, I need the following two functions:

    1) program a fixed chord sequence for a song and advance through the progression by pressing a button on my midi foot controller, each time I press the button it will go to the next chord (midi cc)

    2) select different songs using midi program change messages

    ChordPolyPad - doesn’t allow #1 (?)
    Navichord - doesn’t allow #2
    Dream Foot - doesn’t allow #2

    I like Dream Foot but I’m wondering if there is anything I can use for now until the developers of Dream Foot implement more midi functionality. Anything that can accomplish both?

    Edit: removed bold formatting on the list items

  • edited April 26

    @hisdudeness agreed and thanks for replying, I have and like Dream Foot but unfortunately right now there is no program change to select song functionality, see my message above.

    @yowza good to know, thanks - but I would need to advance through a sequence of chords using one button, as opposed to having one button for each chord - does CPP allow you to advance through a sequence of chords using midi messages? Nothing in the manual, I’m guessing not. My message above explains the dilemma with Dream Foot, ChordPolyPad and Navichord

    @rad3d i think knows a lot about this

  • wimwim
    edited April 26

    @kevin627 said:

    @wim said:

    @kevin627 said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @kevin627 said:
    In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

    Yes, you can select programs by sending it MIDI Program Change messages.
    In order for that to work, you have to give your programs names beginning with a syntax like "#001" .. "#127" so you can freel ychoose which programs to map by giving them appropriate names.

    Thanks for replying! I should have asked more clearly. I know that ChordPolyPad can change patches based on program change messages.

    What I'm wondering is, can I press a button on my BlueBoard midi controller (sends CC messages) to advance through a progression of chords, one-by-one, pressing the button each time to advance.

    What I want to do is program the chord progression of a song in advance, then use my MIDI foot controller to advance through the progression chord-by-chord, pressing the button to change to the next chord each time. For live performance.

    Navichord can do this, and has midi learn.

    [Edit - Well, at least it has the options, and I was able to map the BlueBoard to them. I'm not sure how to make it work though, since when I press play in Navichord it just progresses through all the chords and doesn't loop on them, so ... I'm not sure.]

    [Edit 2 - ahh OK, here’s a video that shows how to do it.]

    Hi @wim thanks for the reply. So here is my dilemma, I need the following two functions:

    1 program a fixed chord sequence for a song and advance through the progression by pressing a button on my midi foot controller, each time I press the button it will go to the next chord (midi cc)

    2 select different songs using midi program change messages

    ChordPolyPad - doesn’t allow #1 (?)
    Navichord - doesn’t allow #2
    Dream Foot - doesn’t allow #2

    I like Dream Foot but I’m wondering if there is anything I can use for now until the developers of Dream Foot implement more midi functionality. Anything that can accomplish both?

    Navichord has 16 sections per preset, each of which can have their own chords. There are actions for Next Section and Previous Section, and these can be mapped to buttons on the BlueBoard. When I tried it out, I used button A for previous pad, B for next pad, C for previous section, and D for next section.

    If you think of each section as a song, then you can have 16 songs for each preset. That won't work out to be as many if you need Chorus/Verse/Bridge, etc. But you didn't mention you needed that.

    You mentioned program change. What would you be sending program change with? The BlueBoard doesn't send program changes, unless maybe you're using the BlueBoard app.

  • @wim said:

    @kevin627 said:

    @wim said:

    @kevin627 said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @kevin627 said:
    In ChordPolyPad, can you map a MIDI control/program message to move to the next/previous pad?
    If not, can you map a MIDI note to move to the next/previous pad?

    Navichord allows you to MIDI learn any message to go to next/previous song, does ChordPolyPad have this feature? The manual doesn't mention this function.

    Also, does ChordPolyPad have a song mode like Navichord? Allowing you to program the sequence of chords in a song and advance through by pressing a button on a MIDI controller? If so, anyone have experience using this live?

    @RUST( i )K @White @yowza @tja @rs2000 @JohnnyGoodyear @Theodorozzz @Judochopjames @Munibeast @jt1218 @BiancaNeve

    Some of you have posted on ChordPolyPad and MIDI before - thanks!

    Yes, you can select programs by sending it MIDI Program Change messages.
    In order for that to work, you have to give your programs names beginning with a syntax like "#001" .. "#127" so you can freel ychoose which programs to map by giving them appropriate names.

    Thanks for replying! I should have asked more clearly. I know that ChordPolyPad can change patches based on program change messages.

    What I'm wondering is, can I press a button on my BlueBoard midi controller (sends CC messages) to advance through a progression of chords, one-by-one, pressing the button each time to advance.

    What I want to do is program the chord progression of a song in advance, then use my MIDI foot controller to advance through the progression chord-by-chord, pressing the button to change to the next chord each time. For live performance.

    Navichord can do this, and has midi learn.

    [Edit - Well, at least it has the options, and I was able to map the BlueBoard to them. I'm not sure how to make it work though, since when I press play in Navichord it just progresses through all the chords and doesn't loop on them, so ... I'm not sure.]

    [Edit 2 - ahh OK, here’s a video that shows how to do it.]

    Hi @wim thanks for the reply. So here is my dilemma, I need the following two functions:

    1 program a fixed chord sequence for a song and advance through the progression by pressing a button on my midi foot controller, each time I press the button it will go to the next chord (midi cc)

    2 select different songs using midi program change messages

    ChordPolyPad - doesn’t allow #1 (?)
    Navichord - doesn’t allow #2
    Dream Foot - doesn’t allow #2

    I like Dream Foot but I’m wondering if there is anything I can use for now until the developers of Dream Foot implement more midi functionality. Anything that can accomplish both?

    Navichord has 16 sections per preset, each of which can have their own chords. There are actions for Next Section and Previous Section, and these can be mapped to buttons on the BlueBoard. When I tried it out, I used button A for previous pad, B for next pad, C for previous section, and D for next section.

    If you think of each section as a song, then you can have 16 songs for each preset. That won't work out to be as many if you need Chorus/Verse/Bridge, etc. But you didn't mention you needed that so ...

    @wim Thanks! that's good to know, and probably my best option for now.

    The reason that I want to associate program change messages to specific songs is that I have a total of six devices that need to be changed to the correct patch when I change songs: 1) HX stomp, 2) Boss ve-500, 3) iSymphonic, 4) Korg Module, 5) Songbook ChordPro, and 6) Dream Foot/Navichord.

    I use a Selah Quartz pedal to send midi program changes on different channels to each of the six devices. So, I set up the setlist on the Quartz, then I only need to press one button on the Selah Quartz to advance to the next song - and all six devices are instantly on the right patch. The program change numbers are fixed to specific songs on all the other devices,. Without failure, all devices will always go to the right patch with a single button press.

    The OCD in me would like my chord sequencing app to be included in my MIDI-centralization. But if there are no apps that can 1) advance through a sequence of chords and 2) respond to midi program changes, I'll make do with what I have for now. Thanks!

  • @kevin627 said:
    The OCD in me would like my chord sequencing app to be included in my MIDI-centralization. But if there are no apps that can 1) advance through a sequence of chords and 2) respond to midi program changes, I'll make do with what I have for now. Thanks!

    It might be possible to use mfxConvert to change those PC messages to note or CC before sending to Navichord. If not with mfxConvert, then with a Mozaic or Streambyter script. But then you're getting into some serious setup work.

    Good ol' MidiFlow could do it too.

    Or, Midi Designer Pro, using the "Pedalboards" feature.

    But ... the more moving parts, the more chance for failure.

  • @kevin627 said:
    @hisdudeness agreed and thanks for replying, I have and like Dream Foot but unfortunately right now there is no program change to select song functionality, see my message above.

    @yowza good to know, thanks - but I would need to advance through a sequence of chords using one button, as opposed to having one button for each chord - does CPP allow you to advance through a sequence of chords using midi messages? Nothing in the manual, I’m guessing not. My message above explains the dilemma with Dream Foot, ChordPolyPad and Navichord

    @rad3d i think knows a lot about this

    Are you talking about going to next song ?

    Dreamfoot can absolutely do that.

    Can do both
    go to next chord
    Go to next song

    You have Latest version?

    However

    You will have to sacrifice two buttons (for forward and back) from blueboard since it only had 4

    I have mine as follows
    2 move between chord progressions
    1 to move chord
    1 for sustain

  • @wim said:
    It might be possible to use mfxConvert to change those PC messages to note or CC before sending to Navichord. If not with mfxConvert, then with a Mozaic or Streambyter script. But then you're getting into some serious setup work.

    @wim Thanks again for the suggestion. I can change the settings in my midi controller to send PC or CC messages, that's not the issue.

    What Navichord can do: move to next section using midi cc/pc, move to previous section using midi cc/pc
    What Navichord cannot do: assign a program change # to all of the presets in my preset list (e.g., "Wonderwall" assigned as PC#024) and then when I send PC#024 to Navichord from another device/app, Navichord automatically opens "Wonderwall".

    @hisdudeness said:

    Are you talking about going to next song ?
    You have Latest version?

    @hisdudeness Thanks also for your reply, appreciate that - and glad to hear there is a fellow Dream Foot user here. Yep I have the latest version (I'm a beta tester for Dream Foot). As with the suggestion from Wim, I don't need to move to next song, or previous song. I need to select a specific song in the list based on midi program #.

    See the screenshot below from the ChordPolyPad manual that explains what I'm trying to do.

    I've already suggested this to the developer of Dream Foot here (point #4), and messaged Navichord on Facebook - hopefully they can make it happen soon!

Sign In or Register to comment.