Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did StageLight just die, by hand of Roland?

13»

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited September 2019

I have the Roland app working on my iPad and Mac.
    I think I'll see what happens on my iPhone(s) and ChromeBook.

UPDATE: Installed fast with all assets installable on all 4 devices using the same account. 1 DAW on 4 devices... If I have a Windows system it could be 5 right? Now it's a matter of watching what becomes available in the Store.
    The assets in the StageLight Store didn't inspire me to use the DAW. If Roland quality synths start being ported and sold that would change things. A walled garden that tunnels into multiple "countries". A challenge for the developers to support but a good value for those that "move in" or share projects across device types.

It hasn't cost me a penny yet. I'm even trying the 30 day free Roland Cloud on the Mac. The Roland Classic Synths are great. The Sampler has an authorization bug for me and I'm giving Roland Support a test.

I've always considered Roland to have the best sounding hardware with Yamaha a close second and Korg coming in 3rd. So, seeing Roland invest in software is a great news in general. Hopefully, the OpenLabs developers can the task of making more Roland Cloud assets work for IOS users. I'll pay $20 a month for those tools if the "authorization" issues can be stabilized. I think authorization implies you must always be Internet connected to use these synths.

I would like to see the headline edited since this will live on for years and resurface with this tabloid quality headline. It's too trollish for my tastes and hits the authors "Karma" negatively and @tja has buckets of good karma for his amazing Piano Poll and other forum contributions. He's just sensitive to personal data uses and there are methods to maintain anonymity using "custom" email accounts for these cases.

You can't buy buy anything for IOS without creating an Identity with Apple, right?

• I’m a Roland enthusiast, so let’s give it a chance...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Stagelight didn’t die, just at new address, under a new alias. It’s the same team, who will probably keep restlessly updating and adding features

Well for me it's dead. Since India isn't one of the listed regions Roland backstage exists at. I can't create an account even if I want to :( they don't want me money.

Do they check your IP?
    I don't believe so, did you just try?
    You don't need to change the default entry of "United States", I also did not chance that even as I am from Old Europe.

• Lots of replies, @wim :)

Like @Korakios I am a bit more pessimistic, but you are right, we should wait for what will happen.

• @SevenSystems said:
    One thing where I DO agree that it's a "poor planet" is that nowadays, you constantly have to explicitly mark sarcasm as sarcasm for people to understand 😂

Online forums are a godsend for those of us who are deadpan challenged IRL.