Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMaschine and Audiobus workaround

Since iMaschine is not compatible with the bus and is I think one of the best beatmaking tools out there for quailty of sound and ease of use, I wanted to get it into the bus somehow. So here is the workaround this will also work for lots of stuff now...With iMaschine you cant even Audio Copy or Paste which is anothe complete downer, however you can upload to soundcloud in the app and usind the Adiobus ready Cloud DJ app you can stream any soundcloud track into the bus..So I thought I would give it a go..I recorded a 16 bar loop in iMaschine then uploaded it to thesoundtestroom account on soundcloud, opened the bus and Cloud DJ Found my new loop and recoded it into Cubasis, then trimmed it up so it looped well and Audio Copied it into loopy...Now this may soind a little long winded but it really only took about 5 minutes, it was only a small loop and everything worked very well. this could be applied to many apps that let you use sound cloud and could also be a quick and easy way for people to share tracks to work on in Audiobus...

Comments

• Interesting idea, Thx for posting it. I usually resort to playing iMashine on my phone into a USB audio interface plugged into my iPad but what your suggeting might be easier in some circumstances.

• Yeah thats another way of doing it and also a better way for recording synths into audio bus, We have an iPhone but trying to get it of Joanne is difficult lol...I had some stuff in another account on Soundcloud that we had lost so it was nice to just dop that into the bus without going through all the download to pc and emailing stuff..

• @Soundtestroom Video please. Lol. You've spoiled us with that great Guitarism video.

• edited February 2013

You want a video of Doug trying to get the iPhone off Joanne?

• Lol. Yeah that too. But I was referring to previous post.

• The Yamaha apps, as well as NLog let you download soundcloud stuff into them, so i usually use that for iMaschine loops. That way you can audiocopy as well.

• I have a separate soundcloud account for things like iMaschine. So if I want the 4 iMashine tracks into Auria or whatever, I just solo each channel and export to that soundcloud account. Open up whatever app that works best for you when it comes to downloading and using copy/open in, and just download the tracks. And it´s done.

I dunno why NI are so hesitant to integrate it more into iOS. Hardware sales seems a bit far fetched, but what do i know..