Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Are the mutes midi mappable?

Yes.

• @wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Is there a way to record Auv3 synth straight into Audio channel?

Unfortunately, no. You can route the audio using the free "Mixer Send/Receive" plugin, but you can't record it.

You can freeze the track, then dig into the Zenbeats folder to find the resulting audio file, then import that to another track, but there's no way to do it directly other than maybe with an interface with loop-back.

Hi. Regarding interface loop-back... is there a way to select a different output for a track other than the “master” output?. My interface (Zedi10) has 4 ins and outputs but I can’t seem to be able to Route a track to out 3-4. I can select all 4 as inputs, but not as outputs.
    That would work for “printing” AUV3 tracks, specially when midi Fx AUV3 are involved as there’s no freeze possibility. Also for processing tracks with hardware like guitar pedals, reamp, etc... Am I not finding the option or is not possible?.
    Thanks!.

• @tahiche said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Unfortunately, no. You can route the audio using the free "Mixer Send/Receive" plugin, but you can't record it.

You can freeze the track, then dig into the Zenbeats folder to find the resulting audio file, then import that to another track, but there's no way to do it directly other than maybe with an interface with loop-back.

Hi. Regarding interface loop-back... is there a way to select a different output for a track other than the “master” output?. My interface (Zedi10) has 4 ins and outputs but I can’t seem to be able to Route a track to out 3-4. I can select all 4 as inputs, but not as outputs.
    That would work for “printing” AUV3 tracks, specially when midi Fx AUV3 are involved as there’s no freeze possibility. Also for processing tracks with hardware like guitar pedals, reamp, etc... Am I not finding the option or is not possible?.
    Thanks!.

Sorry, I dont know and don’t have an interface I could check with.

• @wim said:

@tahiche said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Thanks!.

Sorry, I dont know and don’t have an interface I could check with.

Ok, thanks!.

Anyone owning a multi-out interface that can comment on routing a Zenbeats track to different outputs?.

• @wim thanks for providing an answer re: document storage options on icloud, etc.

I hope direct saving elsewhere does get implemented one day soon.

(I know there’s an option to choose Google Drive (or OneDrive which I don’t have) when saving songs directly in Zenbeats, but it doesn’t work for me when I try Google Drive; so only way for me is to copy the song folders from Zenbeats’ directory and I’ve not been on top of that).

• @tahiche said:
    Anyone owning a multi-out interface that can comment on routing a Zenbeats track to different outputs?.

That‘s really a bummer as I was just thinking about buying an audio interface to use my iOs synths also from my Mac. Does any other auv3 host support that, e.g. AUM or is this just a shortcoming of Zenbeats?

• @krassmann said:

@tahiche said:

That‘s really a bummer as I was just thinking about buying an audio interface to use my iOs synths also from my Mac. Does any other auv3 host support that, e.g. AUM or is this just a shortcoming of Zenbeats?

I’m pretty sure AUM and other DAWs allow per track outputs (Cubasis, BM3...). They have output routing, which is omitted in Zenbeats, don’t know why.

• edited November 2020

When Zenbeats supports per-track output to anything other than the master stereo pair, then perhaps Zenbeats will refer to itself as a DAW. It does not currently.

• New packs just came out . 6mb orchestral pack is quite nice

• Amazing, registered my mc101 and got a year of pro with every pack, preset and loop in zenbeats for free :)

https://www.rolandcloud.com/home/news/zen-core-fully-loaded

• @muzka said:
    Amazing, registered my mc101 and got a year of pro with every pack, preset and loop in zenbeats for free :)

Yeah, I did the same. It’s ace.

• @mojozart said:
    When Zenbeats supports per-track output to anything other than the master stereo pair, then perhaps Zenbeats will refer to itself as a DAW. It does not currently.

I found a workaround for that use case. I add a sonobus plugin to each instrument on the iPad as an effect and then have a corresponding channel in my DAW on the Mac to stream the audio to a separate channel on my Mac. Kind of similar to the IDAM approach but sonobus allows to receive single instruments on the Mac. The downside is that you cannot save and restore this setup as you would have to do all the sonobus connections again but it probably makes sense when doing a final mastering on the desktop DAW. Definitely nothing for a work in progress.

• edited November 2020

@krassmann said:

@mojozart said:

I found a workaround for that use case. I add a sonobus plugin to each instrument on the iPad as an effect and then have a corresponding channel in my DAW on the Mac to stream the audio to a separate channel on my Mac. Kind of similar to the IDAM approach but sonobus allows to receive single instruments on the Mac. The downside is that you cannot save and restore this setup as you would have to do all the sonobus connections again but it probably makes sense when doing a final mastering on the desktop DAW. Definitely nothing for a work in progress.

I just joined the SonoBus beta, will check it out. Looks interesting. So you use it sort of like Studiomux, right?.

Edit: I can’t see a plugin, just the app to collaborate, would you care to point me to some info?. Cheers.

• edited November 2020

@purpan2 said:

@muzka said:
    Amazing, registered my mc101 and got a year of pro with every pack, preset and loop in zenbeats for free :)

Yes this looks amazing. My MC-101 will be arriving tomorrow. How are you guys liking it?

Also if you buy a year of Pro or Ultimate you get 1 or 2 lifetime keys!

• edited November 2020

@tahiche said:
    I just joined the SonoBus beta, will check it out. Looks interesting. So you use it sort of like Studiomux, right?.

Right, but as I say, its quite some work to set this up when your song has many tracks. But there are many other possibilities. On the weekend I want to explore using it for loop browsing. Loopcloud provides a Mac/Win plugin that syncs the loops to the host’s tempo. I‘ll load it in my Mac Zenbeats that is synced with my iPad Zenbeats via Ableton Link while SonoBus is streaming loopclouds audio to the iPad Zenbeats. Then I should be able to browse the loops on my Mac while they are played back in sync on my iPad Zenbeats.

Until now my solution for that was freezing tracks on the iPad Zenbeats, then sending the project to my Mac Zenbeats. On the Mac adding the loopcloud plugin and then browse synced loops. In the end you record the loopcloud plugin to an audio track, freeze it and send the project back to the iPad. That also works but I thnk the SonoBus workflow will be easier.

Edit: I can’t see a plugin, just the app to collaborate, would you care to point me to some info?. Cheers.

From the introduction of the user guide:

SonoBus works either as a standalone application and also as an audio DAW plug-in (VST/AAX on Windows, VST/AU/AAX on Mac).

But it is a plugin also on the iPad. It appears as an effect in AUv3 hosts. In that case it sends out the audio from its channel and injects the audio stream it receives into its channel. While the standalone app can use the system‘s audio devices.

• Just for the year free too for my 707, very nice.

• @wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

You could also create stems. Gonna try it now

• @Tarekith said:
    Just for the year free too for my 707, very nice.

Ditto! Maaaan...I soooooo wish they would update the os so that you can preview the sounds in these packs before importing them! And, of course rework the preset system with at least simple favorites tagging.

• Small update regarding my experiments with SonoBus and Zenbeats. The latency is killing it. I have a bout 90ms latency due to WiFi connection I guess and Zenbeats has no means of latency compensation. End of story :(

• does anyone know if the new sound packs are inc in cloud ultimate membership? as i remember, ultimate m. has access to all but just wanted to make sure I dont miss anything 😶

• @thatguysmitty said:

@Tarekith said:

Ditto! Maaaan...I soooooo wish they would update the os so that you can preview the sounds in these packs before importing them! And, of course rework the preset system with at least simple favorites tagging.

Yeah, the lack of preview is really annoying considering they are all Roland presets anyway. :(

• @Tarekith said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@Tarekith said:

Yeah, the lack of preview is really annoying considering they are all Roland presets anyway. :(

Also nested folders in sample selector!. It gets impossibly crowded.

• Does anyone else have issues with some apps that are blank when you open them in Zenbeats like in my pic?

• @muzka that does happen for me sometimes and for me it means time to clear the RAM (which I can do using the first way described here) and then I can usually load the plugin again with no problem. I have to save whatever I was working on first, if necessary, because a RAM reset resets Zenbeats and any other open app immediately without saving or giving the option to save first.

• @Pandan said:
    @muzka that does happen for me sometimes and for me it means time to clear the RAM (which I can do using the first way described here) and then I can usually load the plugin again with no problem. I have to save whatever I was working on first, if necessary, because a RAM reset resets Zenbeats and any other open app immediately without saving or giving the option to save first.

Thank you, will give this a try

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@purpan2 said:

@muzka said:

Yes this looks amazing. My MC-101 will be arriving tomorrow. How are you guys liking it?

@MatthewAtZenbeats : Is this true (what Lil_Stu said?).. That you get a lifetime ultimate unlock after you bought it twice? Also there’s some interesting request/comments on this thread.

• There’s a live Zenbeats streaming seminar tomorrow

• edited November 2020

@Telstar5 said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@purpan2 said:

@muzka said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats : Is this true (what Lil_Stu said?).. That you get a lifetime ultimate unlock after you bought it twice? Also there’s some interesting request/comments on this thread.

Not ultimate unlock. If you buy a year of Roland Cloud pro or ultimate you get a lifetime unlock for 1 or 2 synths. It's on the roland cloud website.

This discussion has been closed.