Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@wim said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats : So if I have the last version of Stagelight ultimate unlock and Zenbeats iOS unlock V1 I then have hall the packs and instruments plus all the upcoming ones until the next version? No need to get V2 if I don’t need to cross platform? Also cross platform includes iphone, correct? If I don’t get V2 I can’t go back and forth between iPad and iPhone?

I think all you would be missing if you don't get V2 is the ZC-1 full synth and all the presets that go with it. You can still go back and forth between the iPad and iPhone whether you unlock v2 or not. And you're not missing any major features other than ZC-1.

In a nutshell, v2 simply adds ZC-1 full synth and presets.

You are correct, but V1 Ultimate owners also get all in-app Loop and Preset packs for free from the store. Users who owned Zenbeats Ultimate V1 would need to buy an UltimateV2 upgrade if they wish to get full access to ZC1 and all of the new store packs released after September 2020.

Sorry @MatthewAtZenbeats but for some reason I’m just seeing your last comment now. Yeah of COURSE I want ZC1. There are sample based instruments there as well as opposed to just a synth, correct? And if I but it , the app wil adjust the price automatically from $99 to $49?

• @Telstar5 said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@wim said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats : So if I have the last version of Stagelight ultimate unlock and Zenbeats iOS unlock V1 I then have hall the packs and instruments plus all the upcoming ones until the next version? No need to get V2 if I don’t need to cross platform? Also cross platform includes iphone, correct? If I don’t get V2 I can’t go back and forth between iPad and iPhone?

I think all you would be missing if you don't get V2 is the ZC-1 full synth and all the presets that go with it. You can still go back and forth between the iPad and iPhone whether you unlock v2 or not. And you're not missing any major features other than ZC-1.

In a nutshell, v2 simply adds ZC-1 full synth and presets.

You are correct, but V1 Ultimate owners also get all in-app Loop and Preset packs for free from the store. Users who owned Zenbeats Ultimate V1 would need to buy an UltimateV2 upgrade if they wish to get full access to ZC1 and all of the new store packs released after September 2020.

Sorry @MatthewAtZenbeats but for some reason I’m just seeing your last comment now. Yeah of COURSE I want ZC1. There are sample based instruments there as well as opposed to just a synth, correct? And if I but it , the app wil adjust the price automatically from $99 to $49?

Yes there are sample based instruments in ZC1 as well and more coming. PM me with your email address linked to your Zenbeats account so I can see why you are not seeing the $49.99 price

• Ok, thanks Matt

• Another update now... That’s the thing with this app. Consta t improvement t

• I'm eagerly waiting for more ZC-1 (AUv3 Please) presets and maybe some editing options :)

The midi editor still needs some love and care...
    (It's very basic in ZenBeats compared to Cubasis, LK, NS2 as a few examples).

I do like the phase at which the apps is being developed so hats off to that!
    Cheers!

• @Samu There’s not gonna be deep editing because on laptop there is and it’s ridiculously CPU intensive . On here it’s more about thousands of presets. I think it’s the right idea. I know , other apps allow more editing without the COU drain but that’s just the way it works on Zencore

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Samu There’s not gonna be deep editing because on laptop there is and it’s ridiculously CPU intensive . On here it’s more about thousands of presets. I think it’s the right idea. I know , other apps allow more editing without the COU drain but that’s just the way it works on Zencore

Ok, they could at least add the category based patch-randomizer from thr MC-101/707 to add a bit more variation. Considering a patch editor ‘just changes the values’ it should technically not cause higher CPU usage unless it’s badly programmed...

The Zencore drumkits beat the crap out of the ‘standard’ Zenbeats kits with more expressive velocity response and roundrobin etc. More of the classic XV5080 prsets would also be nice.

With a bit more editing I don’t mean full editing. Look at what Korg does. The just released Lo-Fi pack for Module is a very good example with a bunch of starter presets with a few carefully selected parameters to tweak :)

Cheers!

• I love this app but it still crashes for me constantly, especially when importing samples

• I'm having some weird issues in with the latest update where the scenes go out of sync with each after a few loops and some scenes play notes/events that are not even recorded?! (No AUv3s involved just a few ZC-1's and the built-in Drum Sequencer).

Oh well, maybe there will be an other update soon...
    Cheers!

• @MatthewAtZenbeats is there any work planed on the sample browser?. Specifically subdirectories... As soon as you have a decent amount of samples the browser gets out of control, with a large number of folders. It’d be easier and cleaner if the browser was just one window and you could go into directories, the usual stuff. It works well for Zenbeats own content because you can’t see the folder structure and it’s nice and neat, but with user samples it’s sort of a mess.
    Say you a snare sample in
    User/drums/vintagekits/909/snares/sn1.wav
    It would show the 4 directories, you easily end up with a list of hundreds, where if you could navigate through the directories it’d make more sense, imho.
    Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    I'm having some weird issues in with the latest update where the scenes go out of sync with each after a few loops and some scenes play notes/events that are not even recorded?! (No AUv3s involved just a few ZC-1's and the built-in Drum Sequencer).

Oh well, maybe there will be an other update soon...
    Cheers!

Hi Samu,
    We recently fixed some sync issues in 2.0.6. Can you PM me with details and perhaps share your project with me that exhibits the issue?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Samu There’s not gonna be deep editing because on laptop there is and it’s ridiculously CPU intensive . On here it’s more about thousands of presets. I think it’s the right idea. I know , other apps allow more editing without the COU drain but that’s just the way it works on Zencore

What kind of CPU drain are you seeing when editing MID notes?

Hi Samu,
    We recently fixed some sync issues in 2.0.6. Can you PM me with details and perhaps share your project with me that exhibits the issue?

It's honestly pretty 'random' but I'll see if I can find a reproducible pattern and let you know via PM.
    I short I had one Drum Track using the drum-sequencer and another track with a one-bar pattern using ZC-1 and after ~3 loops the ZC-1 track went out of sync and gained some 'ghost notes' that I could not see in the sequencer :(

I do not know if it's because I'm running an old iPad (iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.2) and pushing the CPU too hard...
    ...I suspect this since I've not be able to make it glitch like that on my iPhone 8 (iOS14.2).

As said, If I find a repeatable pattern to produce the glitch I'll let you know for sure!

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• @Samu : Lo Fi pack for module? Really? I’m gonna buy that now. The original Stagelight drum sounds were just so so, I agree .

@Telstar5 said:

hi matthew, any news of the problems i have posted about on here and privately?

• @Sirt said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@Telstar5 said:

hi matthew, any news of the problems i have posted about on here and privately?

check your pm

• About ghost notes , same thing happened to iSymphonic app some (long) time ago and I think it had to do with disk streaming , don't know how ZC1 works

• Are the mutes midi mappable?

• edited November 2020

Got a question about document storage: So I have Zenbeats document storage set to “store documents and data on >iCloud drive” (via settings app) yet the only place I see Zenbeats storing and saving files is its folder in “On My iPad” in Files app, and no such folder or anything showing in my iCloud drive.

Has been doing this from the time I first got the app during the free ios unlock earlier this year even through V2 of the app. Just never got around to asking about it til now. In the early days, I duplicated my songs to iCloud to make sure I had backups there.

But is Zenbeats actually saving everything there like I’ve set, invisibly somehow or connected to its folder and files in “on my ipad?”

• @Pandan said:
    Got a question about document storage: So I have Zenbeats document storage set to “store documents and data on >iCloud drive” (via settings app) yet the only place I see Zenbeats storing and saving files is its folder in “On My iPad” in Files app, and no such folder or anything showing in my iCloud drive.

Has been doing this from the time I first got the app during the free ios unlock earlier this year even through V2 of the app. Just never got around to asking about it til now. In the early days, I duplicated my songs to iCloud to make sure I had backups there.

But is Zenbeats actually saving everything there like I’ve set, invisibly somehow or connected to its folder and files in “on my ipad?”

Good question. I’m in the same situation and it’s very unclear.

There’s no Zenbeats folder under iCloud Drive.

On a related note, Zenbeats is set to backup under iCloud backup. If Zenbeats was actually using iCloud Drive (which is not apparently) wouldn’t it be taking up twice the storage amount on iCloud?. One for iCloud Drive and one for iCloud backup of data.

• edited November 2020

Thanks for checking your own file system @tahiche . I think this calls for @MatthewAtZenbeats . Can please you clarify for us?

@tahiche said:

@Pandan said:

Good question. I’m in the same situation and it’s very unclear.

There’s no Zenbeats folder under iCloud Drive.

On a related note, Zenbeats is set to backup under iCloud backup. If Zenbeats was actually using iCloud Drive (which is not apparently) wouldn’t it be taking up twice the storage amount on iCloud?. One for iCloud Drive and one for iCloud backup of data.

• My random crashes have now been joined by distortion in sound :(

What do you all set the buffer size to? Wondering if that will help with the glitches and audio distortion

I've a 2020 ipad pro 11"

Thanks

• @Pandan said:

That setting in iOS is just a permission to use iCloud storage if the app implements it. Zenbeats does not.

• @wim said:

@Pandan said:

That setting in iOS is just a permission to use iCloud storage if the app implements it. Zenbeats does not.

Really?. It’s absolutely not what description and settings tab describe.
    Obviously you must be right cos
    a) you know your stuff
    b) it’s not working like described
    But man, isn’t this file system confusing enough...

So this setting has no effect whatsoever right?. No matter what you choose it’ll be like selecting the last option that says “store only on this iPad, do not make available to other devices”?. Something wrong there.

• Is there a way to record Auv3 synth straight into Audio channel?

• @tahiche said:
    So this setting has no effect whatsoever right?.

Correct.

No matter what you choose it’ll be like selecting the last option that says “store only on this iPad, do not make available to other devices”?. Something wrong there.

Confusing? Yes. Wrong? Depends on how you look at it.
    I look at it like turning on a lamp that's not plugged in, or opening your door even if there's no-one there.

• @wim said:

@tahiche said:
    So this setting has no effect whatsoever right?.

Correct.

No matter what you choose it’ll be like selecting the last option that says “store only on this iPad, do not make available to other devices”?. Something wrong there.

Confusing? Yes. Wrong? Depends on how you look at it.
    I look at it like turning on a lamp that's not plugged in, or opening your door even if there's no-one there.

Not all apps have that option under settings, Cubasis doesn’t. From a user perspective it’s wrong, following your analogy, sort like putting a lamp switch on a shoe.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

Well, doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not. ;) It isn't to be unless Roland implements it.

I could come up with a better analogy or go into the developer details of how something shows up in that particular settings page from a development perspective, but it wouldn't change anything, so I won't. ✌🏼 B)

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Is there a way to record Auv3 synth straight into Audio channel?

Unfortunately, no. You can route the audio using the free "Mixer Send/Receive" plugin, but you can't record it.

You can freeze the track, then dig into the Zenbeats folder to find the resulting audio file, then import that to another track, but there's no way to do it directly other than maybe with an interface with loop-back.

This discussion has been closed.