Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• edited November 2020

I have the same version number now. Ipad mini 5 ipadOS 14.1

Just installed the Nov 1 update after I saw your buttons were different. Now it looks the same. The odd thing is, even in the stagelight tutorial they already had the same 4 buttons as you. How come they were different for me before the update?! I have no idea... :D Anyway, thanks for the quick answer.

• Great, I'm glad its resolved. Also glad the question made me hunt for that damn button. I had forgotten where it was. :D

• edited November 2020

This app is already driving me crazy. In the drum sequencer, the button to set pattern size is gone...?

When I first downloaded this app it was still there, like in their tutorial vid...

I really want to like this app but I keep feeling like an idiot for not finding the simplest buttons and options...

• What? It's still there for me?

• edited November 2020

Oh, that icon is now a button. Before one of the 2.x updates, there was an individual button at the very left that brought up that menu. You can still see it in their tutorial video I posted in the last post. It seems they did a lot of small changes to the interface, pushing around stuff to different places...

I think I'm going to bed now or else you'd have another "where is button xy" post from me in like 5 minutes :D I should really sign up for their courses I guess...

• Let me know if you need help finding your toothbrush.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Finished my first track in Zenbeats today

• @muzka said:
    Finished my first track in Zenbeats today

I enjoyed that 👍 was it only zenbeats or with hardware and what did you use to make the video. Thanks in advance.

• @Nix said:

@muzka said:

I enjoyed that 👍 was it only zenbeats or with hardware and what did you use to make the video. Thanks in advance.

Thank you

Zenbeats with drum computer, zolt, zc1, segments and few effects apps.

Used staella for video. Everything done on the ipad

• @muzka said:

@Nix said:

@muzka said:

Thank you

Nice one.
    How did you use Drum Computer within Zenbeats?. Are you changing patterns in Drum Computer via midi, or using song mode in DC?.

• @dobbs said:
    Would you say the intro/beginners course goes beyond these tutorial clips they have on youtube or do they have the same content?

I was wondering the same thing before I signed up but it was well worth it. Matt was our instructor and it helped a lot to follow along as he described and demonstrated his workflow. We also asked a fair number of questions, which you can’t do with the videos.

• @tahiche said:

@muzka said:

@Nix said:

@muzka said:

Thank you

Nice one.
    How did you use Drum Computer within Zenbeats?. Are you changing patterns in Drum Computer via midi, or using song mode in DC?.

I made a few patterns in dc then you can trigger the patterns with keys. I set up a midi sequence in zenbeats with dc as an instrument and you just sequence the key to trigger whatever pattern you want.

• @muzka Loved the outer space reggae groove. Thanks!

• @Schmotown said:
    @muzka Loved the outer space reggae groove. Thanks!

Thank you :)

• @muzka said:

This is awesome!

• edited November 2020

Thank you :)> @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@muzka said:

This is awesome!

Thank you :smile:

Much appreciated, loving the app so much

• Been reading about controllers in LK and the upcoming Atom 2 and was wondering if Zenbeats has controller support. I’ve got an APC Key 25 which integrates with Ableton on desktop but would be great to use in Zenbeats.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Been reading about controllers in LK and the upcoming Atom 2 and was wondering if Zenbeats has controller support. I’ve got an APC Key 25 which integrates with Ableton on desktop but would be great to use in Zenbeats.

1+ for controller support.👍

• edited November 2020

nvm

• @Freddy_Valeur said:

@GrimLucky said:
    Been reading about controllers in LK and the upcoming Atom 2 and was wondering if Zenbeats has controller support. I’ve got an APC Key 25 which integrates with Ableton on desktop but would be great to use in Zenbeats.

1+ for controller support.👍

Isn’t there controller support already?. Midi learn and stuff.
    I don’t see the point in supporting specific hardware controllers, I believe a better approach is to make it open and very configurable. For example, instead of the current “obscure” midi learn, to be able to assign specific midi ccs and program changes transparently. Then specific hardwares could have their own presets.
    Btw, being able to assign midi ccs freely also goes for automation. Why limit it to “exposed” or known parameters?. Take Drambo as an example, I can assign whatever midi cc to change a scene in Drambo. But I can’t change a Drambo scene from a midi cc in Zenbeats. We should be able to add, say midi cc 123 value 80 in ZB automation. It’s up to us what we do with it. That’s how LK does it and it works really well.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@onerez said:
    Ok messing around with this again..... did the glue feature go away??? I have multiple loops that i have broken up and want to glue them together? It’s an audio sample.

Glue only works on MIDI patterns currently. Gluing for audio files is in our backlog.

@charalew said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats , can you elaborate on the differences between the iOS unlock and the Ultimate Unlock please? The former has 2,500 presets but the latter has 10,000 but they're both 307MB? Does that mean that as an iOS user you get more presets on iOS if you buy the Ultimate Unlock? I'm particularly interested in whether there's any difference in the ZC1 content between the 2 Unlock options as the sounds in ZC1 are so good I can't really see me using SampleVerse much going forward.

Certainly. The iOS unlock gives access to all Zenbeats features on iOS. Ultimate Unlock gives all access to Zenbeats on iOS, macOS, Windows and Android, plus gives you every in-app loop and preset pack in the Zenbeats Store. As new store packs are released, they are also included with Ultimate V2 purchase up until we release the next major version.

@MatthewAtZenbeats : So if I have the last version of Stagelight ultimate unlock and Zenbeats iOS unlock V1 I then have hall the packs and instruments plus all the upcoming ones until the next version? No need to get V2 if I don’t need to cross platform? Also cross platform includes iphone, correct? If I don’t get V2 I can’t go back and forth between iPad and iPhone?

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats : So if I have the last version of Stagelight ultimate unlock and Zenbeats iOS unlock V1 I then have hall the packs and instruments plus all the upcoming ones until the next version? No need to get V2 if I don’t need to cross platform? Also cross platform includes iphone, correct? If I don’t get V2 I can’t go back and forth between iPad and iPhone?

I think all you would be missing if you don't get V2 is the ZC-1 full synth and all the presets that go with it. You can still go back and forth between the iPad and iPhone whether you unlock v2 or not. And you're not missing any major features other than ZC-1.

In a nutshell, v2 simply adds ZC-1 full synth and presets.

• @wim said:

@Telstar5 said:

I think all you would be missing if you don't get V2 is the ZC-1 full synth and all the presets that go with it. You can still go back and forth between the iPad and iPhone whether you unlock v2 or not. And you're not missing any major features other than ZC-1.

In a nutshell, v2 simply adds ZC-1 full synth and presets.

You are correct, but V1 Ultimate owners also get all in-app Loop and Preset packs for free from the store. Users who owned Zenbeats Ultimate V1 would need to buy an UltimateV2 upgrade if they wish to get full access to ZC1 and all of the new store packs released after September 2020.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats : I’m confused though. I bought the ultimate unlock the last time almost exactly one year ago when the had the Black Friday promotion, discounted at either $149 or $99!, I don’t remember . So don’t I get some sort of credit for that ?

• edited November 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats : It’s confusing : Let me pose the question another way. ASIDE from cross platform functionally, it looks like I get a lot more content in terms of sounds from V2 . Is that correct , and if so and I purchase it will I get a credit from my V2 purchase ? I wish Roland would hire me to write the description of the two downloads because I’m sure I could make it clearer than what’s on the page .

• @Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats : It’s confusing

Hi @Telstar5 ,

Sorry for the confusion, man. In short, yes you do get a steeply discounted upgrade price and have several upgrade paths to choose from.

Option A: Lifetime purchase (in-app only)
    Ultimate V1 owners can upgrade Ultimate V2 for only $49.99 (which is a big discount from the regular $149.99 price). This gives you full access to new features in V2, over 800 presets of additional content in ZC1, plus all store packs released from now until we eventually release a V3.

If you're not interested in any new V2 store content, you could also just buy a platform unlock on the OS of your choice and get full access to ZC1 plus its 800+ presets and any other features we release for free up until we release a V3.

Option B: Get access to Zenbeats Ultimate via Roland Cloud Subscription
    If you are using Zenbeats on a Mac or Windows PC, this the way to go in my opinion as it is the least expensive. All Roland Cloud membership options (starting at $2.99 per month/29.99 per year) include access to Zenbeats Ultimate on all platforms plus more. All details can be found here at https://rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/

Let me know if you have more questions

• @MatthewAtZenbeats : Ok, thanks then. You just made a sale . Even though I don’t need the cross platform , I suppose it’s worth my $50 to get the additional content . Again thanks Matt. You’ve always been prompt with replies from way back in the Stagelight days.

• edited November 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats
    So this Ultimate Unlock says “$99.99 “ on check out . I already have the original Stagelight unlock plus V2 unlock. If I press “Buy”, the price will automatically be adjusted to $49.99?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats
    So this Ultimate Unlock says “$99.99 “ on check out . I already have the original Stagelight unlock plus V2 unlock. If I press “Buy”, the price will automatically be adjusted to $49.99?

No, let me look at your account. PM me your email address linked to your Zenbeats account.

This discussion has been closed.