Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• Thanks @Korakios , totally agree.

@MatthewAtZenbeats : Does ROLAND have an ETA for these features? (UI plugin automation record , and maybe also sample edit )

• @Korakios said:

@tahiche said:

@Korakios said:
    Check on Zenbeats that there is no midi port input enabled , clock and rest disabled .
    Try launching a free midi utility app to see if anything fancy is transmitted from DT and switch patterns ...

Will try this. If Digitakt is set to not send it shouldn’t, but maybe it’s sending stuff anyway. Seems to happen when stopping a pattern in Digitakt (not in ZB) too.
    Another issue with ZB and the Digitakt... I’m trying to send midi lfo from Rozetta to get an extra lfo in Digitakt. It works flawlessly in AUM but won’t work in ZB. I have Rozetta lfo on an instrument track as a midi effect, pre-midi and on midi output I select the Digitakt midi... I can trigger the Digitakt from, say, a drum instrument but not from a midi plugin.

Do you have “allow CCs through” on ZB settings for midi out ? ;)

I don’t know. I’ll have to check all these settings you mention and see if I find the culprit.
    What seems evident is that Digitakt is sending something, even though it shouldn’t. I shouldn’t have to tell ZB to “not listen” when I already told Digitakt to keep quite.
    Thanks for your help!.

• Just wanted to add that I have also had much more luck with rendering and freezing tracks since the 2.0 upgrade. Few if any glitches now! YAY! I'm also digging the ZC-1 sounds--they are basic but very usable. I actually used a distorted electric guitar sound recently and with a little extra fx help, it sounded close to the real thing! 😂

My one issue right now is that BarkFilter gives me just static and noise when I load it on the master channel. Anyone else have that experience?

• Bug (visual) on automation . It doesn't always follow the zoom of the pattern view.
    Also deleting an automation ,remains visually and fixed after exiting pattern view

• @oddSTAR said:
    Just wanted to add that I have also had much more luck with rendering and freezing tracks since the 2.0 upgrade. Few if any glitches now! YAY! I'm also digging the ZC-1 sounds--they are basic but very usable. I actually used a distorted electric guitar sound recently and with a little extra fx help, it sounded close to the real thing! 😂

My one issue right now is that BarkFilter gives me just static and noise when I load it on the master channel. Anyone else have that experience?

I don't think any @VirSyn plugins work in Zenbeats at the moment. Something to do with how they report their sample rate to the host. AddStation certainly doesn't anyway and nor do any other VirSyn plugins I've tried. Both @VirSyn and @MatthewAtZenbeats were going to look at it I think.

• edited October 2020

@charalew @MatthewAtZenbeats virsyn working fine here. No issues

• edited October 2020

@charalew @oddSTAR @MatthewAtZenbeats Virsyn Bark Filter also works fine for me.

• @stormbeats What ipad or phone are you using? I think that there are still issues with those that are running 48K. My IPad Pro I cant run the Virsyn.... the old 44.1 48k sample rate issues

• @onerez said:
    @stormbeats What ipad or phone are you using? I think that there are still issues with those that are running 48K. My IPad Pro I cant run the Virsyn.... the old 44.1 48k sample rate

issues
    @onerez ipad air2 & ipad pro12.9 first gen. You could be right. This is why I have no plans to buy the newer ipad models.

• @stormbeats said:

@onerez said:
    @stormbeats What ipad or phone are you using? I think that there are still issues with those that are running 48K. My IPad Pro I cant run the Virsyn.... the old 44.1 48k sample rate

issues
    @onerez ipad air2 & ipad pro12.9 first gen. You could be right. This is why I have no plans to buy the newer ipad models.

Yes. Imagine me and my excitement for my new pro only to have this crap. Ugggg. Apple.

Peace.

• In harmony8 FX I can't access the second page.
    ReSlice works fine

• @stormbeats said:

@onerez said:

issues

Yeah it's a 48k issue so it depends on your hardware but it's only @VirSyn plugins that seem to have the issue, although having said that it's only in Zenbeats - they work fine in AUM and Cubasis. Pity because AddStation is brilliant but can't use it🙃

• edited October 2020

Zenbeats crashes whilst loading Zenith on my mac os. It works on Ableton. Curiously it's loading one time after install, but keeps crashing from the next attempt. Has someone the same issue? Zenbeats closes immediately.

• digging back into this app after last update. is there a way to import your own samples into the drums?

• is there sampling capabilities in this app?

• All I can say is the the 'sampler' (Sampleverse) in ZenBeats needs a lot of work.
    To me it's un-usable in it's current state when it comes to sampling-based workflow.

It is possible to import samples from other sources though...
    (Fastest way is to dump files/folders into the ZenBeats folder using Files.app).

There's currently no audio-editing for recorded audio but I think that'll come at some point in time.
    If sampling on iOS is important it's BM3 all the way (The latest update is pretty stable).

I know Roland has done some nice samplers in the past so...
    ...if @MatthewAtZenbeats decides to bring a refreshed sampler into ZenBeats then there's no need to look no further than the W30 and improve on its concept.

And for a basic sampler get inspired by Logic's Quick Sampler or Live's Simpler or even the Cubase Sampler Track.
    (And add Koala like features for fast live audio capture to make it shine).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    All I can say is the the 'sampler' (Sampleverse) in ZenBeats needs a lot of work.
    To me it's un-usable in it's current state when it comes to sampling-based workflow.

It is possible to import samples from other sources though...
    (Fastest way is to dump files/folders into the ZenBeats folder using Files.app).

There's currently no audio-editing for recorded audio but I think that'll come at some point in time.
    If sampling on iOS is important it's BM3 all the way (The latest update is pretty stable).

I know Roland has done some nice samplers in the past so...
    ...if @MatthewAtZenbeats decides to bring a refreshed sampler into ZenBeats then there's no need to look no further than the W30 and improve on its concept.

And for a basic sampler get inspired by Logic's Quick Sampler or Live's Simpler or even the Cubase Sampler Track.
    (And add Koala like features for fast live audio capture to make it shine).

Cheers!

Or Chameleon, depending on what you're trying to do. Works great for my workflow - sampling non AU synths

• I've noticed that when you adjust the loop start point for a sample that it is quite prone to creating pops and clicks in Zenbeats. It is messing with some otherwise great projects I've been working with. I know this is common when manually creating loops and how to minimize that, but is there a trick in Zenbeats to avoid it or anything that could be optimized (like a tiny Crossfade) to avoid the artifacts?

• @d4d0ug said:

@d4d0ug said:
    According to the update notes.......

There’s a way to record into multiple tracks simultaneously - anyone seen this working, is there a new setting maybe I’m missing?

I’m so dumb. The answer is right there - arm tracks.

hahaha hey i missed it too

• I noticed an update to Zenbeats, but the change log doesn’t seem to be very informative and I am not a power user (yet). What is new in 2.03?

• @Sawiton said:
    I noticed an update to Zenbeats, but the change log doesn’t seem to be very informative and I am not a power user (yet). What is new in 2.03?

I’d like to know this too.

• Probably just bug fixes. If there were new features they'd list them.

• Damn, I was too vague in my question. I wonder what has CHANGED in 2.03. Anything working differently and/or better?

• edited October 2020

Still no native iCloud or Dropbox sync integration. This is keeping me away from being productive. I have unsynced started projects on my iPad, my Mac and my iPhone. Manually syncing the projects is risky, since you always have to know or check on which device you created the latest changes. So I’m just leaving the started projects on the devices and wait for a native iCloud or Dropbox support. Gadget has the cloud sync perfectly integrated. Since I have already paid subscriptions for iCloud and Dropbox I‘m not willing to create a Google Drive or Onedrive account only for Zenbeats.

• I seem to be getting a lot of crashes this morning. Also it freezes when I import samples into sampleverese, usually while browsing through my files to import

I've also had an issue since version 1 that when I open some auv3s I get a black screen. For example drc always comes up blank. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

• @tahiche said:

@Sawiton said:
    I noticed an update to Zenbeats, but the change log doesn’t seem to be very informative and I am not a power user (yet). What is new in 2.03?

I’d like to know this too.

Just did a quick test. Looks like the issue with @VirSyn plugins on 48k hardware has been fixed, which is really good news. @MatthewAtZenbeats - can you confirm?

• @muzka said:
    I seem to be getting a lot of crashes this morning. Also it freezes when I import samples into sampleverese, usually while browsing through my files to import

I've also had an issue since version 1 that when I open some auv3s I get a black screen. For example drc always comes up blank. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Everything with Zenbeats seems fine here, including DRC. Sorry you’re having trouble.

• @Schmotown said:

@muzka said:
    I seem to be getting a lot of crashes this morning. Also it freezes when I import samples into sampleverese, usually while browsing through my files to import

Thanks

Everything with Zenbeats seems fine here, including DRC. Sorry you’re having trouble.

Thanks, not sure what it could be then. Maybe I'll try reinstalling

• edited October 2020

I can’t open some songs. Zenbeats keeps crashing. Have scanned plugins, restarted...
    It seems like it’s happening after the last update, although it might be a coincidence.
    Is anyone encountering crashes or issues?.
    Also... if I am to reinstall. Will I loose my projects, samples, etc?. Or do the contents of the Zenbeats folder remain intact when uninstalling?.

EDIT: I can’t open many songs. I recently installed some plugins but they’re not used in some older songs that won’t open either. Hard crashes and Zenbeats closes. I can create new projects... scary.

• anyone used support ticket to ask for something? I send few questions and... nothing :(

This discussion has been closed.