Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• @Intrepolicious said:
    So, I can run ZB on my iPhone and route the audio out into my interface, then on my iPad, just add an audio track in AUM with the audio from my iPhone as the input source. Bam! Zenbeats in AUM...

Well you can just Mix down the tracks and export them as Audio anyway without needing multiple devices...

• @charalew said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    So, I can run ZB on my iPhone and route the audio out into my interface, then on my iPad, just add an audio track in AUM with the audio from my iPhone as the input source. Bam! Zenbeats in AUM...

Well you can just Mix down the tracks and export them as Audio anyway without needing multiple devices...

Of course. I was just trying to think of a setup for live jamming.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@charalew said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Of course. I was just trying to think of a setup for live jamming.

Gotcha

• Finally got Zenbeats to export my somg as wav file flawlessly!❤️❤️❤️ Updated to V2❤️

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Finally got Zenbeats to export my somg as wav file flawlessly!❤️❤️❤️ Updated to V2❤️

Yay!!! Glad you got that to work!!!

• Thanks brother!☝️😌🙏
    Was so bummed that the demo song exported perfectly but why not mine. So recreated the song after update and voila! Perfect and no pops or clicks! Love it! Almost feels like Ableton, where you got one clip rocking, arm record, start new one arm record and so on! Pretty fun!

@onerez said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Finally got Zenbeats to export my somg as wav file flawlessly!❤️❤️❤️ Updated to V2❤️

Yay!!! Glad you got that to work!!!

• Hi there, does anyone know how to get AUv3 midi out to work in Zen? I tried recording midi using DigiStix pads but no midi is recorded onto timeline. I don’t see no AUv3 midi out in zens settings. Am I missing something?

• @Paa89 said:
    Hi there, does anyone know how to get AUv3 midi out to work in Zen? I tried recording midi using DigiStix pads but no midi is recorded onto timeline. I don’t see no AUv3 midi out in zens settings. Am I missing something?

There are a number of very specific steps you have to go through to record MIDI AU but it definitely works!

The instructions below are copied, pasted and edited from a previous thread.

(1) Add Instrument Track
    (2) Add AU Instrument to the track
    (3) Hold on the Instrument AU in the Plugins list and Tap Add MIDI Effect
    (4) Select the MIDI AU effect you want to use
    (5) Click on MIDI and turn off Pre MIDI FX
    (6) Open up the MIDI FX version
    (7) Arm The Track and press Record
    (8) Play/Start the MIDI FX
    (9) Press STOP and look at the track!

If you've followed all the steps above you should see that the output from the MIDI AU has been recorded, complete with Automation for Pitch Bends etc

• @charalew said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hi there, does anyone know how to get AUv3 midi out to work in Zen? I tried recording midi using DigiStix pads but no midi is recorded onto timeline. I don’t see no AUv3 midi out in zens settings. Am I missing something?

There are a number of very specific steps you have to go through to record MIDI AU but it definitely works!

(1) Add Instrument Track

If you've followed all the steps above you should see that the output from the MIDI AU has been recorded, complete with Automation for Pitch Bends etc

Thanks, really appreciated

• @Korakios said:
    The way I see it it’s 10€ for support with bonus ZC1 sounds.

Although the upgrade plan was supposed to be “pay for next major version”, this one was free. I don’t know if v3 would be paid or not , but if anyone likes the app will definitely buy the unlock v2 .

As for the free presets , some of them should not be included at all since they sound as a GeneralMidi keyboard .

Same here. Support and credits to complain, nag, and cry about SampleVerse not loading multiple samples, about Files app drag and drop, about... you know.

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@Paa89 said:

@charalew said:

@Paa89 said:

(1) Add Instrument Track

Thanks, really appreciated

#5 is the key, most often overlooked, step.

• This automation ( for Koala FX) works, and was recorded with a midi controller.
    When I try to edit the track, it is not shown in the editor.
    I can paint new automation ( even for the same parameter) , but the midi entered automation is not shown.
    Does someone know if this is a bug, or if there is another way to view and edit the midi recorded data?

• @Diffrenzy said:
    This automation ( for Koala FX) works, and was recorded with a midi controller.
    When I try to edit the track, it is not shown in the editor.
    I can paint new automation ( even for the same parameter) , but the midi entered automation is not shown.
    Does someone know if this is a bug, or if there is another way to view and edit the midi recorded data?

There are 2 types of automation, track and clip. Double tap the clip and you will see the automation in above right. Tap on the 2 black bars in the track window and you will get the track automation icon.

• edited October 2020

Thanks @onerez ! Found it :)

• Is there any way to change ref pitch A = 440 to 444 or whatever? Globally or in zc1?

• edited October 2020

StepPolyArp registers as an AUv3 in ZB when scanning but it doesn’t show up in my list of audio plugins, is it just me or can anyone confirm?

EDIT: tested and not in AUM either....? Am I misunderstanding something here, I thought it was an Audio Unit-app?

EDIT 2: RTFM.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:
    StepPolyArp registers as an AUv3 in ZB when scanning but it doesn’t show up in my list of audio plugins, is it just me or can anyone confirm?

EDIT: tested and not in AUM either....? Am I misunderstanding something here, I thought it was an Audio Unit-app?

/DMfan🇸🇪

Midi AU not Audio check your midi apps.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@DMfan said:

/DMfan🇸🇪

Midi AU not Audio check your midi apps.

👍

• Is there ANY way to realtime record ( not paint ) automation or au parameters change INSIDE zenbeats?

It is super frustrating to have the interface literally right at your fingertips, a recording function that says “Record Automation”, only to find out I have to attach an external midi controller to record movement, on my au3s such as Turnado, Koala FX, Yukawa etc. I cant even work around it, routing Rosetta xy or similar to an audiotrack, because audiotracks does not appear on the midi routing list.

The only option seems to be “Record performance” in loop mode, but then I have to turn of the other tracks, if I do not want a mixdown.

• @Diffrenzy said:
    Is there ANY way to realtime record ( not paint ) automation or au parameters change INSIDE zenbeats?

This and no audio/sample editing tools are currently the biggest missing features
    I'm 100% sure that this year we'll get a functional automation :)

• Zenbeats + Digitakt crashing...
    Hi, I’m using my Digitakt (DT) alongside Zenbeats. The DT receives midi and clock, also transport, it’s not sending anything. It’s set to only MIDI (no audio) mode,
    When I switch patterns on the DT, ZB crashes, it just closes.
    Is anyone using the Digitakt with Zenbeats that has encountered this?.

• @tahiche said:
    Zenbeats + Digitakt crashing...
    Hi, I’m using my Digitakt (DT) alongside Zenbeats. The DT receives midi and clock, also transport, it’s not sending anything. It’s set to only MIDI (no audio) mode,
    When I switch patterns on the DT, ZB crashes, it just closes.
    Is anyone using the Digitakt with Zenbeats that has encountered this?.

Could be some kind of 'midi loop'. Have you tried disabling input from the Digitakt?
    (ie. I don't know if the DT outputs the midi it gets but it's worth a try. Both the NTS-1 and MicroFreak 'echo' all the incoming midi when used over USB so I have to disable input from then to avoid various issues).

Some devices have settings on how to deal with incoming midi over USB and if it's set to 'echo/thru' it will create issues if the input is not disabled in the DAW. In those cases the devices can be set to 'Local Off' or something similar.

• Hi @Samu. As I said, Digitakt is ser to not send anything. It does receive clock, transport , ccs and notes.
    You must be right in that there must be some hidden loop back or something weird going on. About disabling inputs... it sort of defeats the purpose, no?.
    It crashes randomly and I also get a thing where I loose the ZB audio when using the DT as an audio interface. I have to reset the USb mode in the DT (set it to only midi and back to audio and midi).
    A bit of a pain.

• Check on Zenbeats that there is no midi port input enabled , clock and rest disabled .
    Try launching a free midi utility app to see if anything fancy is transmitted from DT and switch patterns ...

• In a section that seems to refer to the drum sequencer the Zenbeats website says this:

“Adjust your pattern’s length and time signatures to create highly unique grooves.”

Is it possible to set the number of columns in the drum sequencer to less than 16?

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@ecamburn said:
    In a section that seems to refer to the drum sequencer the Zenbeats website says this:

“Adjust your pattern’s length and time signatures to create highly unique grooves.”

Is it possible to set the number of columns in the drum sequencer to less than 16?

Yes. You can set the time signature for the pattern to as low as 2/4. You have to switch out of the step sequencer to do triplets though.

• Thanks wim.

It looks like ZB doesn’t expose IAA outputs. Is that right? So it can’t be loaded into AUM or AB as an input?

• @Korakios said:
    Check on Zenbeats that there is no midi port input enabled , clock and rest disabled .
    Try launching a free midi utility app to see if anything fancy is transmitted from DT and switch patterns ...

Will try this. If Digitakt is set to not send it shouldn’t, but maybe it’s sending stuff anyway. Seems to happen when stopping a pattern in Digitakt (not in ZB) too.
    Another issue with ZB and the Digitakt... I’m trying to send midi lfo from Rozetta to get an extra lfo in Digitakt. It works flawlessly in AUM but won’t work in ZB. I have Rozetta lfo on an instrument track as a midi effect, pre-midi and on midi output I select the Digitakt midi... I can trigger the Digitakt from, say, a drum instrument but not from a midi plugin.

• @tahiche said:

@Korakios said:
    Check on Zenbeats that there is no midi port input enabled , clock and rest disabled .

Will try this. If Digitakt is set to not send it shouldn’t, but maybe it’s sending stuff anyway. Seems to happen when stopping a pattern in Digitakt (not in ZB) too.
    Another issue with ZB and the Digitakt... I’m trying to send midi lfo from Rozetta to get an extra lfo in Digitakt. It works flawlessly in AUM but won’t work in ZB. I have Rozetta lfo on an instrument track as a midi effect, pre-midi and on midi output I select the Digitakt midi... I can trigger the Digitakt from, say, a drum instrument but not from a midi plugin.

Do you have “allow CCs through” on ZB settings for midi out ? ;)

• @ecamburn said:
    Thanks wim.

It looks like ZB doesn’t expose IAA outputs. Is that right? So it can’t be loaded into AUM or AB as an input?

Sadly, that is correct.

This discussion has been closed.