Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Careful what you press in the store read over on the Facebook iPad musicians group someone hit the wrong advert and got stung for $99 Roland using points rather than money signs is a bit naughty.

You'd have to be pretty oblivious. You still have to go through the usual store confirmations asking if you want to spend $99 to get 100 points.

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@dpeace said:

@MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Well looks like there is a link for Roland Cloud can anyone confirm they made iOS Instruments available through this that has a cloud account. Or is this just for desktop?

Looking into this. The offer is just for desktop.

@dpeace said:
    Hmm. The three Sampleverse preset packs haven’t carried over.

@MatthewAtStagelight - are the staff moving to Roland, or is there a new dev team? Reason I ask is because it’s always a bit of an unknown when a well-supported product moves to a different team.

@dpeace Which packs are you referring to? Also yes, the development team are a part of Roland now.

Great! I am encouraged to hear this.

The packs are these (I realise the LP won’t carry over). Present in SL, but not ZB.

Sampeverse Preset packs 1 of 3 should be included in Zenbeats. Go to https://www.roland.com/backstage/#/zenbeats-support and enter a support ticket to get your account looked at.

I have the same problem (SampleVerse preset packs missing and tried to enter a support ticket but on the submit tab I get
    “Exception error occurred.” :(

• @Korakios said:

@fattigman said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight I followed the steps to import the stagelight user key file (which I saved under a zenbeats folder) but the file can not be found in zenbeats even when I navigate to the folder containing the file.

You have to temporarily enable iCloud Drive ....

@studs1966 said:

@jolico said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Well looks like there is a link for Roland Cloud can anyone confirm they made iOS Instruments available through this that has a cloud account. Or is this just for desktop?

@dpeace said:

@MatthewAtStagelight - are the staff moving to Roland, or is there a new dev team? Reason I ask is because it’s always a bit of an unknown when a well-supported product moves to a different team.

@dpeace Which packs are you referring to? Also yes, the development team are a part of Roland now.

Zenbeats is not available in Cyprus.

No it’s not.. I tried too.. 😔

It’s new app so I guess it will take some time to sync (landed on Greece now)

Cool.. So if it’s over your neck of the woods, then it won’t belong here then.... Bomba!...

• @Liquidmantis said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Careful what you press in the store read over on the Facebook iPad musicians group someone hit the wrong advert and got stung for $99 Roland using points rather than money signs is a bit naughty.

You'd have to be pretty oblivious. You still have to go through the usual store confirmations asking if you want to spend $99 to get 100 points.

Try it and get back to us...

• @Korakios said:

@dpeace said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@dpeace said:

The packs are these (I realise the LP won’t carry over). Present in SL, but not ZB.

Sampeverse Preset packs 1 of 3 should be included in Zenbeats. Go to https://www.roland.com/backstage/#/zenbeats-support and enter a support ticket to get your account looked at.

I have the same problem (SampleVerse preset packs missing and tried to enter a support ticket but on the submit tab I get

@MatthewAtStagelight I am having the same problem, what about IAP like Timbaland Loops.

• @ipadthai said:

@oat_phipps said:
    So, are there any Junos or Jupiters?

Not sure why you want these in a music app.

Haha, I remember being laid up after a very painful surgery and deciding 'I'm sick of this, I'll pop a couple pain pills and go see a movie'. That movie ended up being Juno. It may have been 'indie' and 'twee', but by god if I didn't have the time of my life that day. Thanks pain pills.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Jumpercollins said:

• @Korakios said:

@dpeace said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@dpeace said:

Hey Guys. Hang tight on the Sampleverse pack 1-3 issue. We identified the cause and will be fixing shortly.

• edited September 2019

@Korakios said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight some questions:

• Is StageLight now replaced by zenbeats app? Yes

- Can existing StageLight customers unlock Zenbeats features?

Yes. Follow the steps at us.openlabs.com and your features and supported content can be migrated to Zenbeats for free for the next 90 days.

1. Where should I look at us.openlabs.com? I can't find the migration info on this site. Do you have I direct link?

2. I have still $10 Store credit should I use this before I migrate will the credits translated into Roland store points?

• @Liquidmantis said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Lol. Brave man. :)

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Lol. Brave man. :)

Scariest part was trying to get the screen capture key combo without confirming the purchase...

• Seems completely unusable on a 2018 iPad Pro 11" so far... crashed twice on the splash screen. Third time I got in, but it froze when I clicked "Skip for now" on account creation. Fourth time I made it a bit further, opened the store, and it froze again.

Will try it again in an update or two.

• @MatthewAtStagelight : If we could access the Roland Cloud through this app , that would be killing! With that guitar strumming instrument , etc. it would be good for Roland and good for us if the price was “iOS adjusted”.

• Haven’t had any crashes yet on my 10.5Pro> @greengrocer said:

@Korakios said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight some questions:

• Is StageLight now replaced by zenbeats app? Yes

- Can existing StageLight customers unlock Zenbeats features?

Yes. Follow the steps at us.openlabs.com and your features and supported content can be migrated to Zenbeats for free for the next 90 days.

1. Where should I look at us.openlabs.com? I can't find the migration info on this site. Do you have I direct link?

2. I have still $10 Store credit should I use this before I migrate will the credits translated into Roland store points?

Look under the FAQ

“How do I transfer purchased features and content into Zenbeats?” Heading

Yes you have to spend credits before migrating. They will not transfer

• @Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight : If we could access the Roland Cloud through this app , that would be killing! With that guitar strumming instrument , etc. it would be good for Roland and good for us if the price was “iOS adjusted”.

Thanks for the feedback as always!

• @oat_phipps it’s literally the same as Stagelight, which means the only synth is electro synth. If they add any Juno’s or Jupiter’s, it will be behind a Paywall and will probably be for sampleverse.

• @DCJ said:
    @oat_phipps it’s literally the same as Stagelight, which means the only synth is electro synth.

Good to know

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

FWIW, I went through the steps to outlined in the FAQ on the Stagelight website, and Zenbeats is lookin’ just fine from here. I didn’t own any of the preset packs that don’t transfer or I would have been a bit miffed that they didn’t come across.

The app looks good. Some nice improvements to the UI. No crashes, though it did choke about three times at first trying to update the app content. Works fine now that I got past that though.

I haven’t tried to see if my #1 beef, Core Midi Out has been fixed.
    Sadly, no Audiobus compatibility yet. I hope that comes sometime.

Other than that I’m happy, congratulate the Stagelight team, and have fingers crossed that Roland will put some momentum behind the product.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@DCJ said:
    @oat_phipps it’s literally the same as Stagelight, which means the only synth is electro synth.

Good to know

Technically 3 synths. ElectroPulse, ElectroSyth and SampleVerse as it has programmable OSCs, Filters and LFO's on top of the sampling engine.

• I can’t figure out what to do after I click the learn more link from the Openlabs page. It takes me to the zenbeats page but there are no next steps there specific to Stagelight users. How do I proceed with the free upgrade from there?

• edited September 2019

@Littlewoodg said:

@DCJ said:

Good to know

Technically 3 synths. ElectroPulse, ElectroSyth and SampleVerse as it has programmable OSCs, Filters and LFO's on top of the sampling engine.

Even better. I’ve been all in with Stagelight since 1.0 and I’m still in. I look forward to trying out this latest build!

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@JonLewis said:
    I can’t figure out what to do after I click the learn more link from the Openlabs page. It takes me to the zenbeats page but there are no next steps there specific to Stagelight users. How do I proceed with the free upgrade from there?

Follow the FAQ link. Or scroll down and look for “How do I transfer purchased features and content into Zenbeats?”

• @JonLewis said:
    I can’t figure out what to do after I click the learn more link from the Openlabs page. It takes me to the zenbeats page but there are no next steps there specific to Stagelight users. How do I proceed with the free upgrade from there?

It's at the bottom of the the openlabs home page.

• @walkie said:
    Seems completely unusable on a 2018 iPad Pro 11" so far... crashed twice on the splash screen. Third time I got in, but it froze when I clicked "Skip for now" on account creation. Fourth time I made it a bit further, opened the store, and it froze again.

Will try it again in an update or two.

Exact same thing happened on my 10.5 pro first couple times but now it seems to have settled down.

• Yeh. It had to crash a couple times loading the content initially. But once past that it has been solid.

• @Rodolfo said:
    Hi @MatthewAtStagelight
    Zenbeats for IOS is not available in the Argentina AppStore (and in some other countries in South America).
    Any estimated date for releasing the app? I’d like to transfer all my content from my StageLight account.

@MatthewAtStagelight
    I found on the iPad Musician group (Facebook) that there are some people from other countries with the same issue.
    Any idea what’s going on?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh it seems I've come back to find out if there are any Junos or Jupiters only to see that this is the point in the thread where a developer enters and everyone snaps to, loses the snark, and begins to behave more properly but perhaps less honestly.

I (for one) stand by my earlier Roland-based snark. I have had very unsatisfactory experiences with them. BUT. ZenBeats is much like an update to Stagelight so I can’t really justify criticizing that. I guess I’m a little bit “snap to” and a little bit “snark” Wait... isn’t there a song that goes like that...?

• So I got $3.25 credits in Stagelight; just throw them away?

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Tones4Christ said:
    So I got $3.25 credits in Stagelight; just throw them away?

Yeh, I guess since the lowest price for packs is $3.99. I threw away a whopping 7 cents. :pensive:

Unless maybe the app store will just charge you the remaining $0.74 if you buy one of the packs. [edit] Yes, that's what it'll do. You make the purchase in Stagelight then transfer to Zenbeats, but need to avoid the ones listed on the website as non-transferable.

• Yeah great idea! Thanks!

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    So I got $3.25 credits in Stagelight; just throw them away?

Yeh, I guess since the lowest price for packs is $3.99. I threw away a whopping 7 cents. :pensive:

Unless maybe the app store will just charge you the remaining $0.74 if you buy one of the packs. [edit] Yes, that's what it'll do. You make the purchase in Stagelight then transfer to Zenbeats, but need to avoid the ones listed on the website as non-transferable.

This discussion has been closed.