Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• @gdog said:

@realdawei said:
    Just tried this app again. Crackles immediately with Auv3 effects (was this ever resolved?). Also stuck notes galore on keyboard

Re Au crackles: You can hack this by going to ZBs Settings > Plugins > force 44.1khz. I don’t think this is ideal, as it seems to use more cpu, but is a workaround until it’s fixed properly with newer devices that use 48khz. I’ve also been in touch with ZB support about this and they said it would be fixed in a future update and to just change the Settings for now

Re stuck keys: didn’t experience this at all with v102 on my iPad Pro3, iOS12.31, with ZBs 44.1 setting, I only tested it briefly tho

Cheers! 😺

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats ~ does this feature ‘force 44.1khz’ still exist in the latest version of zenbeats? If not is it possible to bring it back? I am encountering crackling issues with both AudioLayer and Beathawk that @espiegel123 believes are being caused by the sample rate issue (for some reason is not an issue in any other host or DAW with the same plugs, please see my other post I @ you on for details)

• @annahahn said:

@gdog said:

@realdawei said:
    Just tried this app again. Crackles immediately with Auv3 effects (was this ever resolved?). Also stuck notes galore on keyboard

Re Au crackles: You can hack this by going to ZBs Settings > Plugins > force 44.1khz. I don’t think this is ideal, as it seems to use more cpu, but is a workaround until it’s fixed properly with newer devices that use 48khz. I’ve also been in touch with ZB support about this and they said it would be fixed in a future update and to just change the Settings for now

Re stuck keys: didn’t experience this at all with v102 on my iPad Pro3, iOS12.31, with ZBs 44.1 setting, I only tested it briefly tho

Cheers! 😺

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats ~ does this feature ‘force 44.1khz’ still exist in the latest version of zenbeats? If not is it possible to bring it back? I am encountering crackling issues with both AudioLayer and Beathawk that @espiegel123 believes are being caused by the sample rate issue (for some reason is not an issue in any other host or DAW with the same plugs, please see my other post I @ you on for details)

The Force 44.1 flag is now auto enabled on supported devices. We'll be looking at these plugins soon to see what we can do.

• Could someone please point me to where i can resize the onboard keyboard?

• @sbcfx said:

Sure all ya do is long press up and down in this area

• edited January 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats Getting crashes on iPad 13.1.3 iPad OS. Continua from Audio Damage doesn’t appear in my AU Plug Ins list and when i rescan the plug ins Zenbeats crashes. Choked on NFM and Ruismaker Noir fwiw.

• Sweet! Thanks!❤️🙏☝️

@sbcfx said:

@sbcfx said:

Sure all ya do is long press up and down in this area

• Thanks for the update! It's building up nicely...

• i tried to read thru most of this, and thank you all for the info on adding midi fx, that’s great!
    i can’t get fugue machine to work tho coz the play button on FM is cut off and can’t figure out how to scroll down the app on my iphone xs max..

also we can’t record midi from midi au fx at this time right?

• @reasOne said:
    i tried to read thru most of this, and thank you all for the info on adding midi fx, that’s great!
    i can’t get fugue machine to work tho coz the play button on FM is cut off and can’t figure out how to scroll down the app on my iphone xs max..

looks like a strong no on recording midifx :(
    can record the audio on an audio track thru the mic tho 🤣 but that’s to lofi even for me.

oh well someday !

• @reasOne said:

@reasOne said:
    i tried to read thru most of this, and thank you all for the info on adding midi fx, that’s great!

can record the audio on an audio track thru the mic tho 🤣 but that’s to lofi even for me.

oh well someday !

Im starting to think iOS daw makers are trolling us at this point.

• @Approach said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

oh well someday !

haha you may be right tho! every daw is missing that one key thing it needs to be complete like they just wanna watch is struggle 🤣 is a conspiracy!!! nwo

• @reasOne said:

@Approach said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

oh well someday !

haha you may be right tho! every daw is missing that one key thing it needs to be complete like they just wanna watch is struggle 🤣 is a conspiracy!!! nwo

A conspiracy!!!! Exactly!!!!! They are all in cahoots, they all agree to leave one thing out that would make their Daw complete, so we’ll all buy 10 different Daws!!! 😂😂😂😂😂 seriously though, I don’t mind having several Daws that bring different things and workflows to the table , it kinda keeps the recording process from getting stale, but sometimes I wish I had that one Daw that had it all.

• edited January 2020

Maybe Mathew

@reasOne said:

@Approach said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

oh well someday !

Yep., it’s sad.. Made me put more time into Maschine desktop..

Edit.. you can’t even move to DAWless.. not a good midi recorder importer/exporter..

• Is there anyway to make drum kits in ZenBeats and share/export them? Also is there a way to import them? Thanks

• edited February 2020

1.1.2 update downloaded:

• MIDI Routing Fixes and Enhancements

• Numerous Bug Fixes and Stability Enhancements

Still I don't see MidiFX recording.

Which MIDI fixes? Just a quick look at it but it seems capital this time :neutral: Thanks @MatthewAtZenbeats

• @Sinthemau said:
    1.1.2 update downloaded:

• MIDI Routing Fixes and Enhancements

• Numerous Bug Fixes and Stability Enhancements

Still I don't see MidiFX recording.

Which MIDI fixes? Just a quick look at it but it seems capital this time :neutral: Thanks @MatthewAtZenbeats

Input/Output Routing fixes, and lots of plugin handling behaviors. Still more to come and MIDI FX Output routing is on the way. Stay tunmes

• Will there be an feature update to where you can scroll without using the scroll bar when your using on iOS?

• Matthew I’m an old Stagelight customer who could never access The new Beats APP. Could you please remove the current sign in requirement function? Almost no paid music app requires this to in order to use. If you removed that feature then I could finally get into this app. Thanks!

• @eve_ripper said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@eve_ripper said:
    I see new comments then I open AppStore link to see it’s still not available (

What country are you in?

Russia

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats.... ZenBeat is not still even in Cyprus iTunes Store either..

• @twittifornia said:
    Will there be an feature update to where you can scroll without using the scroll bar when your using on iOS?

+1

• @ElektrikDiva I thought this was just me. Why do we gotta sign in.....we own it! Please fix Roland!

• @sbcfx said:

@ElektrikDiva I thought this was just me. Why do we gotta sign in.....we own it! Please fix Roland!

The sign-in process is so that sound pack purchases, store credits, etc. are available cross-platform. It associates your email with the app. I suggest contacting their support if you're having problems logging in (which you only have to once, I believe).

• @sbcfx said:

@ElektrikDiva I thought this was just me. Why do we gotta sign in.....we own it! Please fix Roland!

Absolutely!!! I’ll bet too that we are not the only 2 peeps with this ongoing vexing issue either!!! When I originally reported this problem to Roland their customer support gave up on it and said that they could not help me after trying to figure out how to get into their own app (they could not do it with all of my codes and sign in info) ! Their final solution to me was to create a brand new email account and they would give it to me for free. As I already paid for the PRO Stagelight version with the all of the in-apps I figured it would not be that much really new. I was not interested in creating another email just for this purpose so I never took them up on this really underwhelming offer. I found that the porting over from the one app to the other was really very glitchy and error prone and that a lot of it to do with the dumb sign in requirement. I am not interested in becoming a Roland member of this or that and setting up their in-house new accounts. I just want to USE my damn app that I already paid for with Stagelight!!! It’s not my fault that they changed ownership but I definitely got punished for it! Roland will not give you a refund for this as I already asked. So I am SOL all the way with this new APP. I know I am not alone as peeps complained about the sign in hassle initially. This whole thing has been an unusable nightmare. I have never even seen the new app and what it can even do compared to the old one that I was just getting used too using? Anyone else burned out there? Let them know! I feel your pain! Matthew can YOU end this sign in nightmare so that I can use my beloved app once again??? Why MUST we sign into our own app? End the madness!

• @wim said:

@sbcfx said:

The sign-in process is so that sound pack purchases, store credits, etc. are available cross-platform. It associates your email with the app. I suggest contacting their support if you're having problems logging in (which you only have to once, I believe).

Hey Wim

Cross platform is out because the other app no longer exists! No other paid app forces you to do this. I have never been able to access my own paid for app. I already contacted Roland & no go there. Waiting to to here back re: Matthews solution...
    Thanks anyways Wim but been & there done that. Remember too, that this issue has been going on since Zenbeats was first introduced...man, I miss Stagelight!!!

• edited February 2020

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Cross platform is out because the other app no longer exists! No other paid app forces you to do this.

I agree that the transfer has been a PITA for some users. Roland support should be more accommodating than they apparently have been.

However, I appreciate their cross-platform store. One purchase works across Desktop(Mac+Windows), iOS, and Android.

While Zenbeats (formerly Stagelight) is not the only app to adopt this model, there are very few music apps that have. With 4Pockets, apeSoft, Audio Damage, Bias, Eventide, FabFilter, IK Multimedia, Korg, Steinberg (Cubasis), Sugar Bytes, Toneboosters, VirSyn, etc., I have to buy each app and IAP separately on each platform.

• edited March 2020

Hi everyone
    Is there an easy option to bounce a midi/audio track in place?

My current workflow is to solo a track and create a mixdown.
    This will open the files app window to save the mixdown. I cancel this option without saving since the mixdown is also automatically saved inside the zenbeats folder on the ipad.
    I create an empty audio track and import the mixdown from the zenbeats folder.
    Then I enter the files app and delete the mixdown inside the zenbeats folder.

It would be nice to have the option to simply bounce the track to a new track (or in place) without generating copies in the form of mixdowns (which you have to delete manually after having reimported them).

I also tried to bounce a track by setting up a new audio track and live record the soloed track into it - but it seems there are no routing options to do so. You cannot set an audio/midi track (or the master track) as input source for an audio track. The empty audio track will always also record the input from the iPad microphone... I have not found a way to deactivate the iPad microphone as the input for every audio track. (I probably could hook up an external soundcard to bypass the internal microphone, but it seems odd having to hook up external gear just to prevent the iPad microphone from recording)

But maybe I‘m just doing it all wrong and there is a setting or an option I am not yet aware of :)

• templates !

• It is not avaliable still. What is wrong with Roland? They have special Roland Russia, but as I know there’s a problem with other countries support.

@studs1966 said:

@eve_ripper said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@eve_ripper said:
    I see new comments then I open AppStore link to see it’s still not available (

What country are you in?

Russia

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats.... ZenBeat is not still even in Cyprus iTunes Store either..

This discussion has been closed.