Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats by Roland Corporation (Auv3)

Comments

• @gusgranite said:
    Interesting. Well a sign of a company’s mettle is how they treat previous customers in a merger or acquisition.

My personal experience with Roland leads me to think maybe previous customers will be treated with the sort of respect and appreciation most people have for cockroaches. (Hmnn... sounds like maybe I had a bad experience or two with Roland’s custeomer service? Yes... yes I did).

• For those that bought in, how are the sounds? And other than Sampleverse, are the instruments the same as Stagelight?
    The store says it has 23 instruments, that’s more than Statelight unless they’re counting differently

• I just tried midi import, and got exactly the same results as in Stagelight ie it didn’t work.

• I would be interested in the system 8 but wouldn’t touch a pay per month from this company, especially with the Roland Cloud debacle.

• edited September 2019

I managed to get it running but I didn't get a sense there was a monthly subscription so much as an in app currency. It does not seem to require Roland Cloud to get the app and unlock the iOS features.

Seems to be a base app of $20 CAD (15 points) and then there are expansions.

So 15 points = $20 CAD, that is $1.33 per point and an expansion is 4 points. So 5.32 + tax, probably 6$ for an expansion... mmm, not too interested.

Would like to try more of the base app out first. Not spending 20$ to see how fx and stem export works.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I keep thinking Roland can’t possibly destroy themselves further. They keep proving me wrong!

Roland has their fair share of 'Zeolots' just like Apple, Microsoft, Linux Distros Variations, Preferred Daws etc. etc.

With proper marketing especially with the new hardware (MC-101 etc.) people who are newbies to iOS and music could fall for it...

• I’m not even slightly interested in this thing @AudioGus

I was referring to the extensive advertising about keeping 2 instruments per year with a Roland Cloud subscription.

They didn’t mention anything when they abandoned this, let’s just say people weren’t delighted!

• edited September 2019

Something new is happening. 🤔

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I’m not even slightly interested in this thing @AudioGus

I was referring to the extensive advertising about keeping 2 instruments per year with a Roland Cloud subscription.

They didn’t mention anything when they abandoned this, let’s just say people weren’t delighted!

Gotcha. I was making a general comment and not a specific reply to you.

• I’m guessing that’s why they are still around @Samu

• @Samu said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I keep thinking Roland can’t possibly destroy themselves further. They keep proving me wrong!

Roland has their fair share of 'Zeolots' just like Apple, Microsoft, Linux Distros Variations, Preferred Daws etc. etc.

With proper marketing especially with the new hardware (MC-101 etc.) people who are newbies to iOS and music could fall for it...

I’d like to apply for the position of Roland’s official “Anti-zeolot” Is that a thing, and if not can we make it a thing?

• Wonder if this means we'll see some Roland synths on iOS?

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:
    I wonder if there's a press release somewhere explaining all this?!

Maybe Stagelight(openlabs) went belly up and Roland bought them?!

Would be weird, because remember they were working on a new version. But let's ask @MatthewAtStagelight who was always very responsive on this forum. So Matthew...?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Dobt agree with that. Roland cloud is amazing

• @Simon said:
    Looks like the free version is a closed box - no AudioBus or AU. :/

You have to unlock au features , for $14.99 it looks like you can unlock all the apps features, and then there’s an ultimate unlock for $99.00 to unlock all or almost all the expansions and presets.

• Sent a ticket open labs. We’ll see....

• You can almost get two hardware versions (non Roland) per year for the same money as the cloud subscription!!

• It’s on android too!

• It’s will be on PC and Mac as well I bet!

• Hoping some crossgrade is offered to this Roland version that might be evolving instead of Openlabs stagelight or something else to satisfy existing stagelight customer. I already own all the loops and presets in stagelight (pc, android an ipad), that content seems to be mostly similar.. optionally of course some future promises from Roland might convince me to invest in..

• edited September 2019

I like the new skins. Posted a question to the SL forum about this, which is currently sitting as [Unapproved].

• Does this offer any unique workflow or sound design options or is it just another loop pack and sample pack delivery system?

• Does this offer any unique workflow or sound design options or is it just another loop pack and sample pack delivery system?

• edited September 2019

Interesting. Some names missing from the SL splash, and the latest SL is 4.0.8.7326.

• edited September 2019

@db909 said:
    Does this offer any unique workflow or sound design options or is it just another loop pack and sample pack delivery system?

Seems to entirely be a slightly updated Stagelight, although the new reference to time-stretching is interesting.

• edited September 2019

Ok I see, it says 23 “instruments and fx”
    Anyone that bought in care to share what those 23 are?
    I had some thought (hope) that the sounds are special in some (Roland) way.
    @AudioGus? @reasOne @BiancaNeve Anyone else?

• Roland Channel

• edited September 2019

http://us.openlabs.com/

Looks like we can port everything over, apart from certain things (Linkin Park &c). Implies that OpenLabs have sold the IP without carrying over the devs, though.

This discussion has been closed.