Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digital D1 AU version bugs

Still major bugs in the AU version of D1 synth: If you save a different Mod Wheel setting with a patch in stand-alone (e.g.Tremelo), when the same patch is opened in the AU version within AUM, the Mod Wheel always defaults to Layer. Saving an AUM preset after changing back again doesn't help - still loads the default mod wheel Layer setting.

However, changing the setting within the AU version and attempting to save the D1 preset within the app, will cause D1 to crash. Every time.

Comments

• Thanks for letting me know!

• sorry for oftopic, but is there news about mpe? i saw it in first places in devs roadmap about year ago

• I have found that in bm3 when using the sequencer after you record the pattern it misses notes and timing is off. Also causes a lot of crashes and reloads.

• @analog_matt

hi matt,do you eventually had a chance to look into this scaling issues in Auria Pro?

• edited September 2019

@analog_matt Found a bug in cubasis.When i put the KB-1 keyboard in the Midi slot i can play only a couple of notes until the D1 AU crashes and makes no sound anymore.Interface is also gone.KB-1 works no prob with other AUs.I can reproduce this every time.

FM Player seems to work with KB-1 as well.

• Thanks for all this. We're getting ready to guest lecture at Georgia Tech today about Audio Programming. However, will look at all these things this afternoon.

• Anyone else unable to load AU D1?
    Stopped working.... instacrashes in AUM...
    Says it was invalidated, maybe it crashed...
    May be project specific....
    Will try again later...

• @id_23 said:
    Anyone else unable to load AU D1?
    Will try again later...

Providing hardware and os details would be helpful.

If you haven't done so, do a true power-cycle of your device .

• edited December 2019

It loads in a new project, so my guess is I ran out of cpu... lots of modulation going on using ape soft send to midi, with factory synth and Electribe , Mozaic running Turing emulation.
    I am on an Air, latest os for that is 12.4.3
    I’ll reboot, also check send to midi isn’t jamming something when loading....
    Thanks @espiegel123

:smiley:

EDIT
    Restarting iPad did not fix .... it was this specific project.... I fixed it by unplugging the midi signal from apesoft ‘send midi’ (little red plug icon inside the app)
    Reloaded D1...
    :grin:

• edited May 2021

Love this synth!

• Just tried loading an AUM session with two instances of D1 in it, and it’s fine, both instances play as expected. This is 14.6 on an 2018 iPad 6th gen.

• @id_23 said:
    Anyone else unable to load AU D1?
    Will try again later...

Versatile app, but the problems that you're experiencing also occur for me with many of the AudioKit apps, even without any modulation. Plus the sequencer and arpeggiator timing loses sync after a few bars, at both 44.1kHz and 48kHz, at all buffer settings in most of the AU hosts that I use. This is on 2 iPhones and 4 iPads, all with the latest OS installed.

I've also noticed that many new iPad music-makers start with the AudioKit apps, possibly due to their popularity on social media. I'm curious as to how many of those new users get frustrated by the bugs, causing them to leave the platform with the feeling that the iPad isn't a serious music-making device, without ever trying other developers' offerings.