Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• @Gravitas

I suppose so. You can’t put a value on serendipity (without monitoring it).

• @shortsadvocate said:
    @Gravitas

I suppose so. You can’t put a value on serendipity (without monitoring it).

Let's appreciate the timing of it.

• @Gravitas said:
    @mifki

I've encountered a couple of bugs.

Where do I send the info?
    Via here or via email?

To support-at-mifki.com please.

• Is there a pitch shifter audio module?

• @auxmux said:
    Is there a pitch shifter audio module?

Here is one. I don’t know if it’s what you’re after...

Pack: Squinky Labs
    Booty Shifter is a frequency shifter inspired by the Moog/Bode frequency shifter module.
    The name "Booty Shifter" is a nod to the classic analog module, as well as to a black cat named Booty.
    Booty Shifter will take an audio input and shift the frequencies up or down. This is not like a pitch shift where harmonics will remain in tune; it is an absolute frequency shift in Hz, so in general harmonics will go way out of tune. It is similar to a ring-modulator, but less extreme and more versatile.
    When the original module was released long ago it cost around $1000. More recent Eurorack frequency shifters are still very expensive, because the frequency shifter requires a large number of components, and must be carefully calibrated.
    Getting good sounds from Booty Shifter
    Feed in music and shift the frequency a good amount.
    Feed in speech or radio and shift it.
    Feed the CV from a sequencer to sequence the mayhem.
    Shift drums up or down a little bit to re-tune them without the usual pitch-shifting artifacts.
    Small shifts in conjunction with delays can make a chorus-like effect to thicken music.
    Inputs and outputs
    • IN is the audio input.
    • CV is the pitch shift control voltage. -5V will give minimum shift, +5 will give maximum.
    • DN is the down-shifted output.
    • UP is the up-shifted output.
    Controls
    RANGE sets the total shift range in Hz. For example, the 50 Hz setting means that the minimum shift is 50 Hz down, and the maximum is 50 Hz up.
    Range value Exp is different. Here minimum shift is 2 Hz, maximum is 2 kHz, with an exponential response of one volt per octave.
    Shift AMT is added to the control voltage, with a range of -5..5.
    Oddities and limitations
    If you shift the frequency up too far, it will alias. There is no anti-aliasing, so if the highest input frequency + shift amount > sample_rate / 2, you will get aliasing. Of course the Bode analog original did not alias.
    If you shift the input down a lot, frequencies will go below zero and wrap around. Taken far enough this will completely reverse the spectrum of the input. This was a prized feature of the Bode original.
    As you shift the input down, you may start to generate a lot of subsonic energy. A High Pass filter may clean this up.
    The down shift frequency fold-over, while true to the original, does cause problems when trying to pitch drum tracks down a lot. High pass filtering the input before it is down-shifted can control this.

• What is the correct pronunciation of 'mirack'? @mifki or anyone else 😅

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Another is Bidoo HCTIP. Not much info.
    And: NYSTHI STYPitchshifter

HCTCIP seemed to be the most transparent in my quick tests.

[edit] also Bidoo cuRt: “Pitcher based on audio bins replication.” whatever that means. Didn’t try it out yet.

• @Gavinski said:
    What is the correct pronunciation of 'mirack'? @mifki or anyone else 😅

From https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35391/mirack-videos-and-or-tutorials-needed

@mifki said:
    It’s “mee rack”. But I should specify it somewhere, until then I can’t complain if pronounced other way

• Thank you! That was my guess, like the pronunciation of xiaomi phones.

So I see now that the youtubers I've watched on this so far have been in error, 😜. I'm finally getting ready to dip a toe in these virtual modular waters. Good to know that even though I don't know how to use this yet, at least I know how to pronounce it.

• I pronounce it AWESOME.

• edited September 2020

Can’t wait to see the creative uses you come up with in mirack. It’s brilliant at generative processing, so with that ticket alone I think you’ll love it. And because you’re big on midi, I think you’ll find a lot of creative ways to treat and modify the separate pitch/gate/velocity lanes that are generated with the midi-1 module.. and then pipe that back out to more midi AU processors. (Like taking 2 midi streams and cross patching the gate from one to the gate of the other etc).

I think the best way to start with modular in this case is just to begin with single fx modules on external instruments. From there, experiment adding simple modulators like lfos or step sequencers that have obvious and predictable behaviors to see how they work on certain inputs.

Anyway, welcome to the virtual modular club my friend. In the real world I’d call this a bottomless pit, but since you don’t need to sell your soul for modules it’s more of an endless stairway. We’ll be waiting for you on the Drambo floor ;)

@Gavinski said:
    Thank you! That was my guess, like the pronunciation of xiaomi phones.

So I see now that the youtubers I've watched on this so far have been in error, 😜. I'm finally getting ready to dip a toe in these virtual modular waters. Good to know that even though I don't know how to use this yet, at least I know how to pronounce it.

• Thanks @aleyas you'd be just the man whose brains to pick on this! I'll be in touch by pm on this one for sure I think,of you're game.

• @Gavinski Anytime my man!

• @aleyas 🔥🔥🔥thanks!

• @Gavinski said:

Wow, given the expertise you've shown on your YT vids, I assumed you were already virtual modularing.

It took me two weeks to go from zero virtual modular patching skills to this - I'm sure you'll get there a lot faster:

• Omri Cohen's channel is good for understanding modular.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

Wow, given the expertise you've shown on your YT vids, I assumed you were already virtual modularing.

It took me two weeks to go from zero virtual modular patching skills to this - I'm sure you'll get there a lot faster:

Wow...I think I have to check the random sampler again and in detail 🙏🏽👍🏽🙏🏽

• @cian said:
    Omri Cohen's channel is good for understanding modular.

Yehaa I really like his channel and I tell every beginner to go there to watch the early videos and specially the mutable instrument tutorials.
    Nowadays he use a lot of very new modules. I wish we could get the Vult modules, too☺️🙈.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I pronounce it AWESOME.

Correct answer right here.

• I pronounce it "addictive time-suck". (in a good way)

• @DarkAum said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

Wow...I think I have to check the random sampler again and in detail 🙏🏽👍🏽🙏🏽

Thanks for checking that out.

I had to devote about a week to tutorial videos and manual reading on the Marbles module alone, because I was so confused at first. But after learning how to use it, I am a real big fan now of the genius behind the design of Marbles.

I'm excited that mifki is taking a look into implementing more of the Marbles functionality in Random Sampler - namely the extra functions you get in Marbles when you hold down any of 4 particular buttons.

• edited September 2020

@mifki A port of Valley Audio's new module: Terrorform would be amazing.

• 👆🏻 Yes please!!!

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

I'll watch that later, thnx, looking forward to seeing what you have been doing. I'm far from any kind of expert on anything 😂, still have a lot of stuff to learn about absolutely tons of things, the channel is just me sharing what I learn as I go, I'm definitely not setting myself up as any kind of expert. But hopefully a few years or ten from now that might be a fair description.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:
    I pronounce it "addictive time-suck". (in a good way)

Equally true.

• Just wondering does this need to be connected to the internet to use as was suggested in one review?

And does it come with any presets? Thanks.

• @Ailerom said:
    Just wondering does this need to be connected to the internet to use as was suggested in one review?

You don’t need to be online to use it. Where did you see a review that said that?

There are some example patches and there are quite a few more on patchstorage.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:
    Just wondering does this need to be connected to the internet to use as was suggested in one review?

You don’t need to be online to use it. Where did you see a review that said that?

There are some example patches and there are quite a few more on patchstorage.

Great, thank you. The review was Electronisounds. He was quite specific about needing to be on line to use it but it is possible he was saying you can't save patches to the iPad. i.e. iCloud only.