Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• edited May 2020

@iammane said:
    State save works perfectly in AUM. Behavior was a little weird in NS2 where all controls were highlighted and I couldn't turn it off. Will look again later I'm sure it's user error.

I really have no excuses now to not use this and try to learn modular synthesis better lol..

like this ? tou probably just activated "MAP" button which allows you to assign AUv3 automatable parmeter to knobs

• edited May 2020

Is it possible to send midi output from miRack? I want to get AudibleInstruments random sampler to send cv/gate to midi. edit: nevermind finally found the answer deep in this thread (midi out still to come)

• edited May 2020

@dendy said:

@iammane said:
    State save works perfectly in AUM. Behavior was a little weird in NS2 where all controls were highlighted and I couldn't turn it off. Will look again later I'm sure it's user error.

I really have no excuses now to not use this and try to learn modular synthesis better lol..

like this ? tou probably just activated "MAP" button which allows you to assign AUv3 automatable parmeter to knobs

What iOS version are you on?
    Button highlighting (MAP, LRN etc) doesn't work here in AUM or NS2. Air3, 13.4.1

• Insane. Mad times we live it
    (no disrespect to anyone suffering any real mental problems)
    Very, very impressed. Very, very impressive. Im off to app store rating

• Oh sh*t. the update is here.

• @DatGood said:
    MiRack has taught me everything I wanted to know about Eurorack before actually buying physical Eurorack module. I've learnt a shit load and still having fun doing so. This is someone who bought Audulus, Model 15, and Drambo.

So on one hand, between the MiRack (also vcv, but it's a hog on my computer) and Modulargrid.com, I'm convinced that I definitely cannot jump in at those costs. The cheapest rack I can create is basically a Microfreak but 6X the cost.

But on the other hand, I'm getting a grasp of how to make some wicked boxes that do not exist anywhere in 1 ready-to-buy-box. I'm hella intrigued to make one.

So yeah, MiRack a great learning tool, but if I go broke as a junkie, and can't pay my kids' university tuition... I'm blaming @mifki for supplying the gateway drug.

How large is your house? If all resistance fails, think of the unlimited space that diving into hardware modulars will eventually eat up. No way back.
    And it's a drug. Children don't want their parents to take drugs.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@dendy said:

@iammane said:

What iOS version are you on?
    Button highlighting (MAP, LRN etc) doesn't work here in AUM or NS2. Air3, 13.4.1

Yup! Air 3, 13.4.1. Same exact behavior, the toggle buttons don't... toggle lol. And then I cannot turn it off

• edited May 2020

@iammane
    The buttons are working fine here, it's just you can't tell what is its state.
    edit: I mean it does enable function on first touch and disable it on second...
    and thx for confirmation!

• Ok. I’ve definitely Been away from miRack for a while since I was waiting for the auv3 update. I’m curious. Does miRack support polyphony yet ? And by that I meant polyphonic patch cables like Vcvrack does.

• @0tolerance4silence

hm, i'm still on beta, maybe it is broken in public version ? will try iy later and let you know

• @dendy said:
    @0tolerance4silence

hm, i'm still on beta, maybe it is broken in public version ? will try iy later and let you know

Thanks! 👍

• edited May 2020

Confirming, this looks like bug introduced in public version - those 4 functional buttons are not highlighted when they are active. Red rectangle around knobs means you have enabled LRN or MAP button, try tap on both of them until red border disappears (it works for me)

@mifki looks like buttons doesn't switch to white background when enabled

• edited May 2020

Is it possible to send clock from this app(as AU in AUM) to modular from some clock modules through regular audio output? Clock out can be done with audio pulses and doesent require dc coupled interface, or shouldnt require as it can be done with audio.

Edit. I found the mac app was free and tested and it worked!

• edited May 2020

Quick note - I just released a small update fixing the button highlight in AUv3 (the buttons themselves were working but no highlight was really confusing sorry).

• edited May 2020

@mifki
    I'm having UI issues with two instances in AUM. I could be wrong, but it seems like the issue is linked to CLOCK module and I can reproduce it.
    Air2 12.4
    1. Load miRack AU
    2. Add CLOCK
    3. Enable momentary RUN, and reset when RUN off
    4. Connect bpm and run between CLOCK and host sync then close miRack
    5. Repeat above with a second instance
    6. Start AUM playback and open first instance

Audio playback is ok, but the UI is unresponsive and broken.
    Will test the same in AUM on Air3 13.4.1 and report back.

Edit: UI unresponsive - you can actually break connections, but UI doesn't update at all, so you can't see what you're doing.

• Can't reproduce on Air3 13.4.1

• I should probably update, only the problems with this 12.4...

• I'm still curious if the MacOS release build can be run as an AU, and if so, how. I'm eager to try that out in MacOS garage band and a couple other DAWs just to see if I can get it to work.

• edited May 2020

is a game changer right here.. wizards plz upload stuff to patchstorage wooooohoo

• @wim said:
    I'm still curious if the MacOS release build can be run as an AU, and if so, how. I'm eager to try that out in MacOS garage band and a couple other DAWs just to see if I can get it to work.

There are some issues that need to be fixed first.

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Edit: UI unresponsive - you can actually break connections, but UI doesn't update at all, so you can't see what you're doing.

Ah, I think I know what's happening. For some reason it's not automatically resuming rendering in some situations, even on later versions there's a workaround for that, looks like it doesn't work on 12.4. I'll have a look.

• Hats off to such s great update. This and drambo....oh dear!
    Now that it has multioutput with aum can i send voltage to the modular via dc coupled interface? expert sleepers?
    Congrats

• edited May 2020

Well - at long last, I’ve finally got - mi-drambo ... (combo).

(AUv3 Plugins)

🕺🏾

King

P.S. Nuff Respec to AUM.

• New update is out to fix global button states. Thx @mifki

• Ok one question, what if i wanted to use one of the mirack sequencers (like the turing machine) to sequence another instrument outside mirack, cv to midi? Thanks

• @Thopa said:
    Ok one question, what if i wanted to use one of the mirack sequencers (like the turing machine) to sequence another instrument outside mirack, cv to midi? Thanks

Not just yet...

• Hi @mifki - Lil’ graphics issue with this one...
    Pretty and kinda fun to play with though. B)

• Oops, thanks!

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Thopa said:
    Ok one question, what if i wanted to use one of the mirack sequencers (like the turing machine) to sequence another instrument outside mirack, cv to midi? Thanks

Not just yet...

Looking forward to it :smile:

• @mifki You’re a legend.

• edited May 2020

miRack as Auv3 is fantastic. Having different instances of different modules is such a better workflow for me than one unwieldy rack.
    This is huge :)
    Can't wait for midi out so we can use the sequencers on external instruments.
    (this will also be great for routing midi between miRack instances of course)