Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• @mogue said:
    I only just noticed that Tides v2 (Audible Instruments' Tidal Modulator 2) isn't included in miRack. It would be nice to see it added!

A great example of its usage:

How's Tides v2 different? There are two versions of Tides in miRack already. Standard and Wavetable version (sheep firmware).

• @auxmux said:

@mogue said:
    I only just noticed that Tides v2 (Audible Instruments' Tidal Modulator 2) isn't included in miRack. It would be nice to see it added!

A great example of its usage:

How's Tides v2 different? There are two versions of Tides in miRack already. Standard and Wavetable version (sheep firmware).

In the HW versions, the 4 outputs have different functions than the original and a Shift/Level knob and Output Mode button were added that control the 4 output variations.

From https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/tides/manual/:

4 output modes
    Different shapes. Each output produces a different waveshape: main signal (with voltage-controlled attenuverter), raw asymmetric triangle, end of attack gate, end of release gate.
    Different amplitudes: Voltage-controlled dispatching of the signal to each of the 4 outputs.
    Different times: Voltage-controlled phase or apex shifting of the signal.
    Different frequencies: Outputs 2, 3, and 4 are shifted up or down in frequency relatively to output 1, creating chords or polyrhythmic LFOs.

The original version is essentially just the "Different shapes" mode.

• It's also got a new Shift/Level knob (the old one only has Level CV input) to modify the character of each of those 4 output modes, as well as attenuverters on every CV input.

• edited March 2020

friends, pardon me for offtopic, what is the best way to use MiRack inside AUM? I want to sync and record some patches but didn't figured out best way for doing this

• @lazyass said:
    friends, pardon me for offtopic, what is the best way to use MiRack inside AUM? I want to sync and record some patches but didn't figured out best way for doing this

miRack is IAA and syncs using Ableton Link.

• @auxmux said:

@lazyass said:

miRack is IAA and syncs using Ableton Link.

So I should use Link module and connect it to clock module?

• edited March 2020

You can also do like this, if you open up miRack as iaa in AUM, under clock options in AUM, you can send midi clock to miRack “virtual”. Then in miRack, use the midi-1 module to receive, and send (clock 2, don’t know why) to a “clocked” module, change the MODE, I think it worked with 4, when it starts fluctuating and show 118 to 120 bpm. Then connect start stop..
    Haven’t tried link, will try that

• Question:

Is there any plan to add midi out modules to convert CV to CC?

• @Philippe said:
    Question:

Is there any plan to add midi out modules to convert CV to CC?

This would be amazing.

• Hey guys, I've been away (from the forum) for some time, mainly experimenting with various internal stuff that I will need to implement all the planned features and which I wanted to figure out sooner rather than later. Everything is fine and I'm almost back to my long to-do list of stuff I promised :) I also added Tides v2 to it. You can expect new betas and updates soon.

• @mifki, hi and welcome back!
    I just scanned lot of new arrivals in VCV library and wanted to ask is technically possible to add some plugins created for VCV 1.0 to MiRack? I noticed there released lot of beautiful stuff like Nonlinear Circuits Neuron, Voxglitch stuff, Erica Synths modules or MindMeld modular mixer.

• @lazyass said:
    @mifki, hi and welcome back!
    I just scanned lot of new arrivals in VCV library and wanted to ask is technically possible to add some plugins created for VCV 1.0 to MiRack? I noticed there released lot of beautiful stuff like Nonlinear Circuits Neuron, Voxglitch stuff, Erica Synths modules or MindMeld modular mixer.

There are no technical issues adding v1 plugins. As usual, it only about licenses, etc.

• This is probably a long shot, but given the multiple requests for more filters I think it's worth suggesting:

If there is any sort of monetary agreement that you could come to with Vult Modules in order to have them in miRack I think it would stand to benefit both parties. Those filters are far-and-away the best available for VCV Rack.

• the Vult modules would be nice, but the additional work with the license stuff might be not worth the effort. Maybe it's better to implement what comes, and that's already very good.

• Vult are boss

• Vult were one of the developers that were against MiRack at the beginning. Probably not worth the agro...

• Vult filters are gorgeous but Squnky, Valley, Lindenberg and stock MiRack filter also do the job right

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Vult were one of the developers that were against MiRack at the beginning. Probably not worth the agro...

No, he wasn't - not after we discussed it with him. I've already mentioned here that he said he wasn't going to spend time on developing for another platform at that time. I will talk to him and other devs again soon.

• @mifki said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Vult were one of the developers that were against MiRack at the beginning. Probably not worth the agro...

No, he wasn't - not after we discussed it with him. I've already mentioned here that he said he wasn't going to spend time on developing for another platform at that time. I will talk to him and other devs again soon.

Ok. Cool. I’d forgotten that. :)

• Here's some good news: after a successful round of crowdfunding, the development of a high-quality virtual analog model of Mutable Instruments Ripples is moving forward:
    https://community.vcvrack.com/t/mutable-instruments-ripples-project/8887

It will be open source like Émilie's code and the rest of the Audible Instruments project. So, as long as it remains similarly licensed, a nice new filter for miRack might not be so far off.

• I’m sure it’ll be GPL like all vcv code now, so nope (GPL is incompatible with appstore).

• Ah for some reason I thought the Audible Instruments project had not been re-licensed, but so it has.

• It's quiet here....calm before the storm ? :)

• Something like that i thing. An Update seems to be in the works :)

Btw @stellaremodular i had a lot of fun with your Turing machine module last night. Great piece of kit, and lovely interface design!

• Is there anything like the μMap module from Stoermelder in Mirack?

Also, is there a dedicated Mirack forum anywhere? I had searched but couldn't find...

thanks!

• @drewinnit said:
    Is there anything like the μMap module from Stoermelder in Mirack?

Also, is there a dedicated Mirack forum anywhere? I had searched but couldn't find...

thanks!

There’s a Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1372541656226234/

• @bobbfett said:
    You can also do like this, if you open up miRack as iaa in AUM, under clock options in AUM, you can send midi clock to miRack “virtual”. Then in miRack, use the midi-1 module to receive, and send (clock 2, don’t know why) to a “clocked” module, change the MODE, I think it worked with 4, when it starts fluctuating and show 118 to 120 bpm. Then connect start stop..

i’m trying to do this but no idea how to wire the midi 1 module lol

• @reasOne said:

@bobbfett said:

well i got start stop to work with aum but it’s playing really slow and adjusting the tempo does nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

@bobbfett said:

well i got start stop to work with aum but it’s playing really slow and adjusting the tempo does nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

two-finger-tap the mid in module to get the pop-up menu. Tap CLK-1 Rate and set it to something like 16th notes. Connect the CLK-1 output to the clock in of the modules you want to sequence.