Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launch Control XL

Thinking of picking up a Novation Launch Control XL. Would use largely with AUM or Cubasis, but also Groovebox and Ableton.

But the Akai MIDImix seems to do the same thing for $60 less.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Comments

• I have the MidiMix but i cannot stand the Encoders. They are very small and don’t feel good while turning. Regret it as a purchase fwiw.

• edited September 17

Get the XL. I was debating same but lots of complaints online for both knobs and faders being cheap and small on the midi mix. I creates a custom mapping for AUM using Novation's editor and the XL works great.

• the XL is great. smooth faders and knobs with 8 banks.
    Editor is extremely basic and pretty clunky (no ios editor)

• I have the XL. No regrets.

• edited September 17

Don't expect to be able to use either of those with Groovebox, I think Launchkey is the only supported controller. Also pretty sure they won't work with Cubasis mixer either, you can use it with synths/FX hosted in Cubasis though .
    XL is a great controller, and will work great in AUM and Ableton.

• Shouldn't they have updated the XL with bluetooth by now? Soon 2020 and all. I'm sure they do right after I decide to finally pick one up ...

• @bleep said:
    Shouldn't they have updated the XL with bluetooth by now? Soon 2020 and all. I'm sure they do right after I decide to finally pick one up ...

And then iOS 14 will break the Bluetooth....