Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Mini too fiddly for music apps?

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

I love my iPad 4 cause it`s build like a tank but i hate it as well cause it weighs like a tank :)

So i´m gonna replace it with an iPad Air or a Mini Retina.I was really not interested in the Mini at first but i have to admit (after playing arround with it a bit)that i really like it now.And it looks like the perfect partner for Korgs Gadget :)
But how fiddly is it with apps like Cubasis,Auria etc.?Looks ok from the App store pics but the knobs from iPolysix look
really small for example.Anybody here that replaced a normal iPad with a Mini?Are you satisfied with the descision?

Comments

• Not fiddly at all for me, but different eyes and fingers might have a different experience :) I had a 3, got a mini 1, now on mini retina.

So portable, totally fine for music apps. The only fiddly bits were fiddly on a normal sized one too (i.e. some thesys controls, some auria fabfilter modulation pan knobs).

For me portability outweighs a lot of other stuff.

• connect an external keyboard controller ?... or maybe thats defeating the object of going small LOL !

• ah y@skoptic said:

Not fiddly at all for me, but different eyes and fingers might have a different experience :) I had a 3, got a mini 1, now on mini retina.

So portable, totally fine for music apps. The only fiddly bits were fiddly on a normal sized one too (i.e. some thesys controls, some auria fabfilter modulation pan knobs).

For me portability outweighs a lot of other stuff.

Ah yeah,the Fabfilter mod pan knobs are a true pain in the ass :) But i bought a stylus yesterday for stuff like this.Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Can we get some more input on this? Specifically, how is it using the mini 2 w larger hands, screen input?

Planning to get a new iPad in coming months. Would like to move to footprint of mini, worried about using w large hands.

Also, how is it for non-music apps, like word processors, Safari, spreadsheets ? I pretty much use iPad 2 as a laptop replacement at this point. Is the mini screen to small for this?

• I find Korg Gadget rather fiddly sometimes, even on a standard sized screen. Rather than go mini, I'd personnally welcome the option of a larger screen size.

• edited February 2014

Yep, I'm holding onto the 4 until the larger ipad is offered, but that thing better have precision input, like a Wacom device, and 2GB ram or I'll seriously be annoyed.

If the larger version is lighter than or the same weight as my 4, that would really be something cool.

• I have reasonably big hands and I like the mini 1 quite a lot. I don't have problems with e.g iPolysix, Cubasis, but I don't use them a lot. I do use Thor, BM2 - no issues there. In fact the only app I have issues with is Thesys...

For Numbers it's usable both in portrait and landscape. Safari is perfectly fine.

By the way, screenshots aren't necessarily good indicators, because the touch areas don't have to match the graphic control.

• I regularly switch between an iPad 4 and mini retina without any significant issues. A stylus helps with apps like TheSys and FabFilter plug-ins with both form factors.

• From the additional input, sounds like I can switch to the smaller format. I love using a stylus with my iPad for a lot of apps, but for music apps I like hands only.

For this, I may need to bring a mini home for a week and live with it, keeping the option open to exchange it for the full size if I'm not comfortable. Haven't done anything like that before, but switching down to mini would be a big change for me, especially since I'll depend on it so much.

• Cool, keep us updated!

• Yeah.. I think it's almost impossible to tell objectively what may be acceptable / majorly annoying without a good few hours on the machine you get.

I deliberated quite a bit and forum hunted in case I should have gone for the air. Sadly while all the advice is nice, you still can't tell what YOUR opinion will be until some hours have been put in (working, carrying, playing etc) In the end I dropped £400 hoping I'd made the right choice for me ;)

• Mini retina is perfect for me:-)

• I've never used anything smaller than large screen ipad but wouldn't settle for anything smaller. Now with ipad air being smaller and weighing much less then ipad 4 it is a no brainer to me but that's my personal opinion, some people create full mixes on iPhone's little screen so what do I know.

• I have both the iPad Air 128GB and the iPad mini Retina 64GB and I much prefer working on the iPad mini Retina. The screen size is surprisingly good for working on and for me and it is so compact that I really like it. The iPad Air is good but a bit bulky for my tastes even though it has a very slightly faster A7 chip.

• I switched from an iPad 3 to an iPad mini retina and still have an iPad 2 and haven't noticed any significant difficulties controlling music apps. I will say that reading text on the smaller screen can be an issue if you do it a lot. Still able to create documents with Pages and numbers without issues.

• thanks for the input.Looks like i'm going for the Mini then.And in any case it's just for a year and not forever.

• Yes, also thanks for the input!! Although w each post I'm moved from thinking I'll choose one size, then the other LOL