Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poll: Would you like an option to mute threads or categories on the forum?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019

@InfoCheck said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Yes folks, we need more regulations, rules and boundaries on the forum so adults can soften this hardened place.lol

FYI I voted yes in the spirit of being progressive.

However, the current simple Bookmarking/Fav Star button and just sticking to your own interests is pretty easy for discerning minds.

Even a cave man can do it.

*i do wish I could mute all of the gluten and dairy products in the grocery store so I can just see the stuff I want.

I agree that selecting the star for any topics you want to follow is a straight forward way to generate a list of threads you want to follow. If you should want to stop following or add a thread, toggle the star as needed. Simply don’t read threads that are posted to a topic you’re not interested in.

But then don’t you get a notification for every post in that thread? Certainly not what i would want.

Would just be nice to have threads you tag be the ones that propagate to the top of the list and untagged ones fall off. But yah not a huge concern, just jibber jabber.

• edited September 2019

@AudioGus said:

@InfoCheck said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Yes folks, we need more regulations, rules and boundaries on the forum so adults can soften this hardened place.lol

FYI I voted yes in the spirit of being progressive.

However, the current simple Bookmarking/Fav Star button and just sticking to your own interests is pretty easy for discerning minds.

Even a cave man can do it.

*i do wish I could mute all of the gluten and dairy products in the grocery store so I can just see the stuff I want.

I agree that selecting the star for any topics you want to follow is a straight forward way to generate a list of threads you want to follow. If you should want to stop following or add a thread, toggle the star as needed. Simply don’t read threads that are posted to a topic you’re not interested in.

But then don’t you get a notification for every post in that thread? Certainly not what i would want.

Would just be nice to have threads you tag be the ones that propagate to the top of the list and untagged ones fall off. But yah not a huge concern, just jibber jabber.

Whatever happened to pins?

*or is that the same functionality as the star?

• I think you have to treat this forum like you would in real life, face-to-face and learn to filter. At a party, for instance, you move on to another group if the conversation is boring or disinteresting. I think the need from some forum users to open and contribute to non-music orientated topics is telling sometimes but, perhaps, this forum is their only way of venting their opinions. So, a social element exists here , so just learn to be generous.

However, I do sigh a bit when the mutual appreciation band (no names) takes over sometimes!

• Appreciate the various perspectives on this. I have to admit I'm genuinely surprised that more people would not want a filter. Assumed that people around these parts were into filters B)

Without the option to mute threads, I'll go ahead and stick to general app discussion. The signal to noise in the main page contains too few musically relevant topics for my purposes. Even then, I think it would be pretty nice to be able to mute threads that continually get revived about apps or topics that aren't for me that clutter the general app discussion feed though.

I'll try the star thing and see how that works out.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2019

Using the "Star" widgets and then selecting "Bookmarks" on the sidebar has really changed my Forum workflow. They you can just scan occasionally for new threads you might want to favorite and follow when all your book marks have gone cold.

Still... Drambo is not done. The 2018 iPad Pro is slower than a Palm Pilot at making music. Who knew? I just thought it was over priced. Still covet those big screens tho' and a blazing fast pencil.

It's almost been 3 weeks. TIME TO REPORT AMAZING IMPROVEMENTS IN IMPROVISING.

At some point someone will beg to have this thread muted or certain forum addicts hauled off to rehab.

Only 60+ shopping days until Black Friday.

• @McD said:
    Using the "Star" widgets and then selecting "Bookmarks" on the sidebar has really changed my Forum workflow. They you can just scan occasionally for new threads you might want to favorite and follow when all your book marks have gone cold.

Still... Drambo is not done. The 2018 iPad Pro is slower than a Palm Pilot at making music. Who knew? I just thought it was over priced. Still covet those big screens tho' and a blazing fast pencil.

At some point someone will beg to have this thread muted or certain forum addicts hauled off to rehab.

yeah, I'm trying the star thing. nice tip!
    I'm trying to cut down on the digital clutter. I'm distracted enough as it is :-)

• @McD said:

question: how do I star something without getting an email with every new comment on a bookmarked thread? I looked through the settings and the only way I can see is to detach my email from the forum. hmmm..

• @palm said:

@McD said:

question: how do I star something without getting an email with every new comment on a bookmarked thread? I looked through the settings and the only way I can see is to detach my email from the forum. hmmm..

Looks like when you tap your avatar you can select edit profile and then notification preferences. This whole star thingy may just be the ticket after all.

• @AudioGus said:
    Looks like when you tap your avatar you can select edit profile and then notification preferences. This whole star thingy may just be the ticket after all.

Wow. Another piece of the puzzles falls into place. I was filtering my emails to auto-file the excess volume of messages coming in.