Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Orchestra Building / current state of bismark bs-16i ?

2»

Comments

• @coniferprod said:
    But you can have both!

Good news. Thanks for the enhancement efforts. I know it creates hours of testing on your end before dropping it on the users and there's probably not a lot of concern over this issue.
    It's important for string sounds that can be "bowed" and orchestras can sustain a string not for a log time. Loop on that sample and the orchestra stops sounding real. So, I like 20 seconds but it's all based on @ScottVanZandt's impressive work in NS2 and his process.

Still, I'll continue to pester you since you have the only auto-sampler functionality on IOS
    for those of us using ROM-pler style Sampled Synths vs the Akai Sampler folks that want
    a whole different set of features.

Can you elaborate on these differences?

When folks here mention "samplers" they are often hoping for the hardware "beatbox" types of "samplers" that Akai invented. Short samples that get chopped, reversed, layered and manipulated with noise and downsampling to 12 or 8 bits. So, when someone asks for the best Sampler on IOS I think AudioLayer and they think of the legendary "Samplr" app that can slice up a sample with transient detection and place back those slices with MIDI
    events. Its a stable of EDM and other computer-based music making genres. That slicing based on transients could be termed "auto-sampling" and push the confusion even further.

It's another type of application use case.

AudioLayer has gone quiet after months of anticipated updates. It appears he's busy making his apps stable for IOS 13.

And iPadOS! :smile:

Yes. Apple is giving the developers sometime to get their products tested which only makes the support burden greater for the small development shops like yours.

• edited December 2020

Wrong thread!

• @realdawei said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    The Roli Noise app needs to open up the Swarm packs properly as there is lots of orchestral ones to be had in there.

It's sad, but that will not happen. The developer of the Swarm packs(Audio Modeling) has the exclusive rights, they do not want that it will be used in the AUv3 environments like AUM. It's mostly requested on the Roli forum but without any result.

However I thought I read somewhere that they are developing their own Auv3?

Yep. Meant to be happening some time next year