Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipados13 beta - many more AUv3 instances can be run, has the RAM limit per AU instance been amended?

2»

Comments

• Maybe I can test it later on my wife's iPad Pro 10.5 2017 Gen2, with IOS 12.4.1. But she is playing Candy Crush at this moment. And believe me gentleman, never interrupt a woman playing Candy Crush.........

• @Pierre118 said:
    Maybe I can test it later on my wife's iPad Pro 10.5 2017 Gen2, with IOS 12.4.1. But she is playing Candy Crush at this moment. And believe me gentleman, never interrupt a woman playing Candy Crush.........

😆

• @[Deleted User] said:
    @Samu

Was it possible to use different wavetables in separate instances in bs-16i in ios12?

Edit: not to worry it still doesn't reload separate wavetables in separate bs-16i instances. 👎

The developer is quite open to communication so it might be worth to shoot him a message :)
    support at bismark.jp

• That sounds promising, I wonder if this will fix my Audiolayer crashing issues when using multiple large instruments. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    That sounds promising, I wonder if this will fix my Audiolayer crashing issues when using multiple large instruments. :)

Fingers crossed 🤞

• edited September 2019

@[Deleted User]
    I just noticed I can run many more au instances in ios 13 beta. Can others confirm please?

you're TOTALLY TRUE !! Significant improvement in PadOS13 !!! My test projects with many IFX rack convolution reberb instances or many instances of Ravenscroft piano, which were crashing a lot (probably due to memory isues) are now working like a breeze.. i can even add more instances - and everything rock solid !

• edited September 2019

@dendy said:

@[Deleted User]
    I just noticed I can run many more au instances in ios 13 beta. Can others confirm please?

you're TOTALLY TRUE !! Significant improvement in PadOS13 !!! My test projects with many IFX rack convolution reberb instances or many instances of Ravenscroft piano, which were crashing a lot (probably due to memory isues) are now working like a breeze.. i can even add more instances - and everything rock solid !

👍🌈 lets hope this stays part of the new ipados.

• Is it the same with iOS13 on iPhone or only iPadOS?

• @Janosax said:
    Is it the same with iOS13 on iPhone or only iPadOS?

Good question, would be nice if a member can check iosbeta 13 on iphone.

• Fantastic! I knew Apple would listen to me!

• @AudioGus said:
    Fantastic! I knew Apple would listen to me!

😆

• @dendy said:

@[Deleted User]

I hope iSymphonic gets fixed with this as well. I would actually buy some of their IAP’s1!

• what problems do you have with iSymphonic ? Something which is possible to reproduce ? I can try it...

• @dendy said:
    what problems do you have with iSymphonic ? Something which is possible to reproduce ? I can try it...

Yeah create 5+ tracks of iSymphonic, each with a different patch, and make some music. Let it loop for awhile. At 4 tracks, I would start to get these loud distorted sounds after a little bit while of play.

• it is playimg few minutes,i don't hear any issues

• @dendy there...are no words... :cry: ...beautiful...

• So when is this ipadOS supposed to be out anyways?

• edited September 2019

@ruggedsmooth said:
    So when is this ipadOS supposed to be out anyways?

1̶9̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶e̶p̶t̶. Edit : 30th sept ipados.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    So when is this ipadOS supposed to be out anyways?

September 30th for iPadOS

• Maaan...they are killing me with this release date! I’m ready for it now, but, I’ve got too much going on with my iPad to risk installing the beta.😩

• @Pierre118 said:
    I own a iPad Pro 12.9"2017. I can start 9 Spacecraft instances in AUM, cpu around 60%, so no problem. BUT, when moving the AUM interface constantly left and right the cpu sometimes come above the 100% and the sound starts to crackle. When I stop moving the cpu falls down again to around 60%. I'm on iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3.

I can load 5 Spacecraft AU in AUM on iOS 12.3 12.9”2017 the 6th crashes them.
    Sounds like good news :) except the cpu spike on gui movements still seems to be there.

• @thatguysmitty said:
    Maaan...they are killing me with this release date! I’m ready for it now, but, I’ve got too much going on with my iPad to risk installing the beta.😩

This is the first OS update I have actually been excited for.

I do feel the need to finish off the current projects I am working on before installing it though. You never know, one or two vital plugins may shit the bed.

• @AudioGus said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    Maaan...they are killing me with this release date! I’m ready for it now, but, I’ve got too much going on with my iPad to risk installing the beta.😩

This is the first OS update I have actually been excited for.

I do feel the need to finish off the current projects I am working on before installing it though. You never know, one or two vital plugins may shit the bed.

Exactly how I’m feeling

• It really is wayyyy more performant and reliable. It’s clear some silent but intense work was done with Audio on iPadOS.

This foreshadows some bigger things ahead IMO

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I just noticed I can run many more au instances in ipados 13 beta. Can others confirm please?

Usually some apps will crash due to the RAM constrictions if i load two or three. Now I can load as many as I like until the ipad pro reaches CPU limit.

Ipad pro 2018 9’7 model.

Was there a 9.7 iPad Pro in 2018, I thought it was only in 2016 range?
    Or you just bought it in 2018?
    Anyway, it’s great for those who use memory heavy sample oriented apps, but could anyone do a similar comparison for processing heavy synths like Moogs?

• @vov said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I just noticed I can run many more au instances in ipados 13 beta. Can others confirm please?

Usually some apps will crash due to the RAM constrictions if i load two or three. Now I can load as many as I like until the ipad pro reaches CPU limit.

Ipad pro 2018 9’7 model.

Anyway, it’s great for those who use memory heavy sample oriented apps, but could anyone do a similar comparison for processing heavy synths like Moogs?

Get lost troll.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@vov said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Ipad pro 2018 9’7 model.

Get lost troll.

Well you make a lousy automated help desk.

• edited September 2019

:D :D :D I really don’t understand that Vov guy. He bought the hardware first and asking questions about it now. Thought it was supposed to be the other way around. You do your own research, ask some questions then buy the best fir for what you need.

• @AudioGus 😆 that vov dude is the worst type of troll. He gets some twisted satisfaction from making others waist their time by making videos and sending data to him only for him to then ask for more so called ‘proof’. Its pretty sad to be honest.

• edited September 2019

:'(