Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can ppl share their experience with ios simulation apps like Korg, Moogs, 303, Guitar amps etc ???

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019

Piano: Ravenscroft 275. No pitchbend support but quite good and flexible sound-wise.
    Moog: Blamsoft Viking Synth (Minimoog quality without the CPU load).
    Guitar Amp: Yonac ToneStack. Sounds good to my ears but I can't say if there are better ones.

@GavrielProductions said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Gadget is full of retro gear.

Gadget is great, i use it allot but im still frustrated with exporting/sharing sessions, i work on an ipad pro and like he idea of using my iphone on the go for quick ideas, but i cant export or import sessions, only bounced audio (wav) tracks, very frustrating as i wanted to tweak something here and there.

Err - you mean loading a Gadget project you've started on the iPhone into Gadget on your iPad? If so, open the Files app, go to "Gadget 2" folder and share the project via AirDrop.

• It probably has to do with preamps being way better, or even just better quality AD/DA conversion.

I like both and especially the focusrite Neve stuff...i dont see how Ampliube can benefit from a apollo x8, doe sit come as a plug in for UA ios?

• edited September 2019

@CracklePot said:
    The few I can think of that I think weren’t already mentioned:
    Syntronik - I like it. IK been getting beat up around here lately, so proceed with caution. Maybe check the free version if they still offer it.
    Synclavier Go - I have no experience with the real one, but I think this app sounds awesome.
    DM-1 - sample based, but sounds good, lots of kits, very affordable.

For Acoustic stuff, I am looking at those 4 Embertone apps lately. Right now, I use mostly Beathawk and ThumbJam, sometimes GarageBand for these types of instruments and sounds.

Almost forgot about iOptigan and Steel Guitar. First one is weird fun, second one is amazingly realistic and fun.

Just tried and returned Syntronik, some synths sounded ok but the 303 was so bad compared to retro ups tabletops version or bass line.

@mrufino1 said:

@McD said:
    I am currently of the opinion that the Digital-to-Analog conversion process of an iPad/iPhone straight guitar dooms the results significantly. So better equipment in front of the iPad is needed. This week I was told to get the Joyo JF-14 Amp Sim pedal for a good cheap solution at $40 and it seems to help for my classic Fender needs. I suspect a Metal player might need something else and maybe the Joyo British (Marshall) or Calfornian (Mesa Boogie) Joyo would be the right start.

Front end any of the IOS Amp Sim's and it will be a lot better to give that app a better starting signal to process.

There are expensive A-to-D audio interfaces that probably would also change the outcome of an analog musical device.

I get a lot of solid advice along these lines from @richardyot for studio tools and @flo26 for guitar recordings.

For EDM you can't find better than @samu and many others. I'm just clueless about that world. I have a nephew that I did turn on to NanoStudio 2 recently. He has a studio full of classic EDM hardware collected over 30 years but never took an IOS app seriously. He was truly impressed with NS2's synth and workflow like many here. He made a complete project in a hour and was blown away by the app design and results.

I got a universal audio apollo x8 this summer for my Mac, and I can say that with the front end of that thing, amp Sims sound much much better, so even though that is not for iPad, you are correct that a better front end is going to make a difference. Amplitube sounds tremendously better (on Mac) when interfacing through the apollo than any of the interfaces I've been able to use on my ios devices previously- I couldn't believe the difference in conversion from my focusrite 18i6 to the apollo (apollo is thunderbolt so it won't ever be ios compatible).

Still, my focusrite itrack pocket works fine for using amplitube or the like to warm up or learn songs while on a gig.

I like both and especially the focusrite Neve stuff...i dont see how Ampliube can benefit from a apollo x8, doe sit come as a plug in for UA

I meant that the converters and preamps in the Apollo send a much better signal to amplitube than the focusrite did, and the output converters that I’m hearing it through are worlds better as well. I have AmpliTube on both iOS and Mac, but here i was specifically referring to the Mac. The same would be true on iOS with better conversion though.

Sorry for the confusion.

• @rs2000 said:
    Piano: Ravenscroft 275. No pitchbend support but quite good and flexible sound-wise.
    Moog: Blamsoft Viking Synth (Minimoog quality without the CPU load).
    Guitar Amp: Yonac ToneStack. Sounds good to my ears but I can't say if there are better ones.

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Gadget is full of retro gear.

Gadget is great, i use it allot but im still frustrated with exporting/sharing sessions, i work on an ipad pro and like he idea of using my iphone on the go for quick ideas, but i cant export or import sessions, only bounced audio (wav) tracks, very frustrating as i wanted to tweak something here and there.

Err - you mean loading a Gadget project you've started on the iPhone into Gadget on your iPad? If so, open the Files app, go to "Gadget 2" folder and share the project via AirDrop.

Thank! i never used Airdrop before..works like a charm lol