Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPhone 6s or 7 for music apps?

Just what it says in the Title really. I’ve been hooked on music apps every since I inherited my first IPhone about two years ago, an iPhone 6 with 16gb memory. So I’m now in the position where I’d like to trade it in, along with another iPhone 6, that my wife’s donated to the cause. My options are second hand 6s or 7. I’d like to hear your opinions on the pros and cons of the two models for music making. How annoying is the loss of the headphone socket? Does the better processor on the 7 make a marked difference?

Comments

• I do everything on a 6S, but I think a 7 will be able to get iOS updates for a year longer.

Also, if you’re going to be using the video camera, both 6S & 7 shoot 4K, so get at least 64Gb.