Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack coming to iOS.

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm waiting for @JohnnyGoodyear to de-boffin this for us laypeople.

I got your boffinhood right here baby...

:)

😘

• Ta @Strizbiz, I’d overlooked that, just grabbed it.

KQ Dixie is a winner so only fair.

Very excited for MiRack, I can see me “investing” in many paid modules should this be possible (via IAP?).

• edited September 2019

some info about connectivity... i asked about auv3/audiobus/virtual midi support

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

what the fuck is with her hand ?!! 😱

• edited September 2019

So I emailed the developer Vitaly asking if he intends to put out a beta of MiRack and he has sent me a link to the beta and said I can share it privately with people who are interested. I’m happy to share 10 copies on a first come first served basis if any one wants to PM me on here.

I sure if anyone emails the dev see his email address on the first link in the thread he will happily send out more invites.

EDIT all 10 links sent. Please don’t request via PM now go straight to dev website for a invite.

• Looking at the beta comes with over 200 modules it’s a very very good VCV style workflow and environment the dev has that spot on. Currently it’s standalone only by the looks of it but this is only the beta hopefully it will get connectivity to other apps at some point.

• Ok....Marbles working smoothly.

I’m done with my life

• @dendy said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

That's not even a proper archery position...
    Is she shooting sideways or just using an invisible sling? So many questions.

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Currently it’s standalone only by the looks of it but this is only the beta hopefully it will get connectivity to other apps at some point.

First version will be most probably closed playground, at twitter he replied on my question about au/ab/midi that one of first updates will get virtual MIDI and audiobus ...

• Even as a closed environment, for now, this is still pretty exciting. I'd been toying with ideas for a side project on and off that would require something like Sonic Pi or SuperCollider, or VCV Rack but I really don't enjoy sitting in front of a desktop/laptop to do this kind of stuff anymore so it was less than pleasing. Something like this even with limited / no interop right out the gate could give me that little push I need :)

• @dendy said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Currently it’s standalone only by the looks of it but this is only the beta hopefully it will get connectivity to other apps at some point.

First version will be most probably closed playground, at twitter he replied on my question about au/ab/midi that one of first updates will get virtual MIDI and audiobus ...

Yer I saw u post after stating the above. Glad the dev is considering it.

• Anyone used this guy, by these guys

• @reasOne said:
    Anyone used this guy, by these guys

It is one of the first music apps for iOS I bought way, way back in time :)

• On one hand I really want this to succeed because I'd love to have vcvrack on iPad.

But won't this be a GPL license violation, similar to VLC getting pulled until it was relicensed LGPL?

• @reasOne said:
    Anyone used this guy, by these guys

It is one of the first music apps for iOS I bought way, way back in time :)

• edited September 2019

@burns_audio

I asked the question about 3rd party module support to the dev. He said.

Currently a few plugin packs are included that are open-source and have appropriate licenses. There are many more of such modules, some of them will be added in later updates. If everything goes well, I can start discussing with authors of proprietary modules possibilities of making them available too, but it is too early for that.

Also, due to the fact that additional binaries can't be added to an app on iOS (so all the plugins must be bundled with the app), I need to balance between providing as many various modules as possible and keeping the app size reasonable and not overwhelming users with lots of duplicate/similar modules.

Regards,
    Vitaly

Not sure how he stands on VCV licensing.

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins yeah I was talking about VCVRack itself, not about the modules. VCVRack is GPLv3, although I think its license changed a few times. Not sure what the status would be if it were a different license at the time of the fork but then relicensed GPL3. https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/blob/v1/LICENSE-GPLv3.txt

edit: looks like thats what happened, this fork was from before VCVRack was GPLv3

https://github.com/mi-rack/Rack/commits/master/LICENSE.txt

• If it doesn't have MIDI, how does one send it notes/"cv"?

• @espiegel123 said:
    If it doesn't have MIDI, how does one send it notes/"cv"?

you have internal step sequencers there

• @rinzai said:

@dendy said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

This is officially being over analyzed lol

• @rinzai said:

@dendy said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Check out kyudo form. It’s “overdrawn” compared to western anchor point draws. And really weird when released from overhead...

• I am English. Archery is in our special blood.

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I am English. Archery is in our special blood.

Ooh ooh. I learned an interesting thing about archery and the British...

Do you know why the Brits give people the V Shape with their fingers when they’re telling some one to fffff off?

Well, when the French and Brits were at war many moons ago, every young British boy was taught to be an Archer. So when the French captured a Brit, they cut off their index and middle finger so they could no longer shoot the bow.

So as an act of gestural defiance, the Brits now tell people to fffff off with their Archery fingers...
    https://media2.giphy.com/media/GqqsJLYjQoCjK/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8972322002348552e8d3106bcd651f1adb9d2819eaa&rid=giphy.gif

Well that’s what i read anyway. @JohnnyGoodyear can set me right of course😉

• On Joe Rogan’s podcast, Guy Ritchie elaborated on the historical significance of the two fingered salute.

• I'm really looking forward to this app. Any time frame for completion?

• edited September 2019

The old Pluck Yew legend.

• @Kandavu said:
    On Joe Rogan’s podcast, Guy Ritchie elaborated on the historical significance of the two fingered salute.

That’s where i heard it. ✌️

• Have anyone tried vcv rack on mac with sidecar and an ipad?
    Looks promising.

• Has anyone imported any patches from vcv to mirack yet? I got one to work but it was outdated, or from an older build I believe.
    ive just been playing around with some simple setups for now till I can disect a massive patch and see how it works. :)
    I just changed it to a dot vcv file instead of a .txt, and put it in the MiRack folder in Files. Just wondering if there is a better way or a better place to download files from, other than patchstorage and my extension changing method.

• Just discovered the tap with 2 fingers on a module to reveal a menu cool.